A Human Day

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
A Human Day

The writer of Critical Miss brings you another unofficial tale from the Mass Effect universe.

Read Full Article

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
Goddammit, and I was feeling so good. I'm just gonna grab a box of tissues and take a time out.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Do Drell even have reproductive organs like humans do?

Because if they're like the rest of their bodies, it may... hurt quite a bit.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Did, uhh... did I just enjoy romance-related video game fan fiction? In comic form? On the internet?

Good lord, what will become of me?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Yes Thane. Blasto will imbed itself in your mind. FOREVER! Also on a side note GOD DAMN IT! Why the sadness!?

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Zhukov said:
Did, uhh... did I just enjoy romance-related video game fan fiction? In comic form? On the internet?

Well, least it was a good fan-fiction.
That was easier to say in my mind.

On topic, it sure was a nice change ... and a damn emotional one at that.
Yet it only reminds me the ending of Mass Effect 3, and we all try not to think of that.
Still, it was nice ...

... I feel like I'm going to tear up and condemn Bioware once again.

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
Phrozenflame500 said:
Do Drell even have reproductive organs like humans do?

Because if they're like the rest of their bodies, it may... hurt quite a bit.
Ribbed for her pleasure.

Awesome comic BTW, but all it did was make me really wish I could see my red-headed FemShep wear an N7 hoodie and eat Blasto-O's in the morning.

Entitled

Aug 27, 2012
I hate fanfiction.

More specifically, I hate this concept of "fanfiction", as a separate, inherently less respectable form of creativity than the other stories that happen to be approved by a copyright monopoly.

In art, there are no "original stories", and "stealing", only stories that are ALL derviatively based on one another, yet all adding something new.

Entitled

Aug 27, 2012
Zhukov said:

A dangerously open-minded fella who is willing to experiment with new mediums and genres, instead of taking prejudiced, Sturgeon's law ignoring, fandom-shaming stereotypes at a face value.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Decent comic. Touching. And not just in the literal sense.

Quiotu said:
Ribbed for her pleasure.
I'm betting more like "serrated for her pleasure" but maybe that's what she's into?

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
The afternote pretty much summed up my issue with Mass Effect 3's character writing. So much of what they did with Shepard completely went against what I imagined her to be like. It's kind of funny that they did it to try and make Shepard more "realistic" but in doing so made the character feel jarring for me to play as.

It makes me feel kind of sad, because this comic had more of the spark that made me enjoy Mass Effect than ME3 did. It r

Gorgeous artwork too, especially Shepard's design.

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Decent comic. Touching. And not just in the literal sense.

Quiotu said:
Ribbed for her pleasure.
I'm betting more like "serrated for her pleasure" but maybe that's what she's into?
And now all I can think of is the lust scene from Se7en.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Another comic that wants to make me build a time machine to kill the Mass Effect writers and force Bioware to hire these guys...

Fuck you Einstein and your theory of relativity.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Oh hey...a reminder that I indeed have feels...next time try not to sucker-punch them please. I need a few minutes of happy to counter-act that. It was a great comic, don't get me wrong but geeze...

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
I advise not to do these comics with Shepherd as a central piece. There was literally nothing in this where I could say, "Yep, that's my Shep."

sid

Jan 22, 2013
Woah woah woah, "another"? Somewhere in the Escapist there's a second one of these? I desperately need a link

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Good comic. See guys? Fan fiction isn't all bad.

Stuff like this just makes the ending stick out even more, though. Like Grey said, there is potential for lots of in universe stories. There were small stories like that in the original trilogy as well. Details only found in lore, small and insignificant in the grand scheme, but still there to be enjoyed.

What a shame the way it turned out.