A Kotaku Article on WiiU's BLOPS II Reviews:

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
"Wait A Minute. Two Smart Critics Really Like The Wii U?s Allegedly Inferior Black Ops II. [http://kotaku.com/5964642/wait-a-minute-two-smart-critics-really-like-the-wii-us-allegedly-inferior-black-ops-ii]"

I found this article on TV Tropes. Basically, this article talks about two people's review of WiiU's "Call Of Duty: Black Ops II".

The first person is Ben Kuchera of Penny Arcade, and his article, "Black Ops 2 on the Wii U: The good! (GamePad) The bad! (Framerate) The weird! (Where is everyone?) [http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/black-ops-2-on-the-wii-u-the-good-gamepad-the-bad-framerate-the-weird-where]. In the article, he basically says that while the Framerate issues are a bit of a problem, "the ability to use that extra screen with a buddy may be worth the trade-off." (Actual words from the Article)

The second person is Jim Sterling [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/articles/Jimothy%20Sterling], and his article, "Black Ops II Wii U: the preferred console experience? [http://www.destructoid.com/black-ops-ii-wii-u-the-preferred-console-experience--239573.phtml]" In this article, he basically says the game is a lot of fun, and that the WiiU "may now consider the Wii U my go-to console for future FPS games ... when I'm not playing on PC." (Actual words from the Article)

So what are your guys thoughts on these people's reviews? I know a lot of people are skeptical of the WiiU here. Does this change your opinion, even in the slightest? Do you think these reviewers were too positive about the WiiU's version of the game?

Discuss!

Darmy647

Sep 28, 2012
....Where is everyone? HMM. WHERE COULD THEY BE?! I MEAN THE CONSOLES BEEN OUT FOR AT LEAST A FEW WEEKS! IT HAS TO HAVE OVER 10,000 PEOPLE PLAYING ALREADY!!!!.....Sarcasm....ok im calm. I just....come on, Lets use common god damn sense here. Most people are still struggling to locate and PURCHASE a Wii U.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Not even a little

Specific to this game: I have Black Ops 2 on my system of choice already (360). All of my friends who play the game play it on the 360 and the lack of people online for the Wii U is a huge issue. For the split screen, I have no use for that function since I don't have friends (cue foreveralone.jpg)

Against the Wii U: Nintendo showed on the Wii that they care more about the "casual" crowd over the "hardcore" crowd and third-party support ALWAYS dries up. Until they demonstrate that they have fixed these two issues, I will not consider picking up a Wii U.

Janus Vesta

Mar 25, 2008
Darmy647 said:
....Where is everyone? HMM. WHERE COULD THEY BE?! I MEAN THE CONSOLES BEEN OUT FOR AT LEAST A FEW WEEKS! IT HAS TO HAVE OVER 10,000 PEOPLE PLAYING ALREADY!!!!.....Sarcasm....ok im calm. I just....come on, Lets use common god damn sense here. Most people are still struggling to locate and PURCHASE a Wii U.
Every store near me has WiiUs stitting in the back because no one is buying them. I've only heard of a handful of cases where the WiiU was sold out, mostly by random forum goers.

Even if it was hard to find, that wouldn't explain why the WiiU version of Blops2 had around 700 people online worldwide and the PS3 and 360 both had over 500,000.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
The fuck is this guy's problem? Two reviewers give a good review to a game they enjoyed playing on a new console, and he's pretty much shocked.

Janus Vesta

Mar 25, 2008
Darmy647 said:
Janus Vesta said:
Darmy647 said:
Every store near me has WiiUs stitting in the back because no one is buying them. I've only heard of a handful of cases where the WiiU was sold out, mostly by random forum goers.

Even if it was hard to find, that wouldn't explain why the WiiU version of Blops2 had around 700 people online worldwide and the PS3 and 360 both had over 500,000.
....So that brand new console that just came out, thats still struggling to Reprimand and reinstate its hardcore status if it has any left, is suddenly expected to meet the outcome and outpouring of CoD Fan-faggots who have been playing their Modernfuckfare for over atleast 4 years now on 360 or ps3? Thats Insanity. What in the fuck are gamers smoking these days that i apparently havent snorted o_O!? Im not even a fan of the damn thing and this insane bullshit is going wayyyy too far.
What? 700 people in the entire world playing one of the most popular games released. It shouldn't matter what cnsole it's released on. There is something wrong when the number of players online, in the entire world, is smaller than the population of a small village.

Making excuses isn't going to help. If the WiiU is selling out as you claim then there should be hundredns of thousands of people playing, not hundreds of people. If the WiiU isn't selling out as I've experienced then there might be some explination for the low player population. Though I should point out that the PC version of Blops 2 is much less successful than the console versions and this massive disparity has never existed there.

Captcha: lost love. It seems to be the case for Nintendo, sadly.

Darmy647

Sep 28, 2012
Janus Vesta said:
Darmy647 said:
Janus Vesta said:
Darmy647 said:

....So that brand new console that just came out, thats still struggling to Reprimand and reinstate its hardcore status if it has any left, is suddenly expected to meet the outcome and outpouring of CoD Fan-faggots who have been playing their Modernfuckfare for over atleast 4 years now on 360 or ps3? Thats Insanity. What in the fuck are gamers smoking these days that i apparently havent snorted o_O!? Im not even a fan of the damn thing and this insane bullshit is going wayyyy too far.
What? 700 people in the entire world playing one of the most popular games released. It shouldn't matter what cnsole it's released on. There is something wrong when the number of players online, in the entire world, is smaller than the population of a small village.

Making excuses isn't going to help. If the WiiU is selling out as you claim then there should be hundredns of thousands of people playing, not hundreds of people. If the WiiU isn't selling out as I've experienced then there might be some explination for the low player population. Though I should point out that the PC version of Blops 2 is much less successful than the console versions and this massive disparity has never existed there.

Captcha: lost love. It seems to be the case for Nintendo, sadly.
It doesnt Mean That every person who buys a Wii U is going to pick up a BLOPS2...Dear god, why are we calling it that? Oh nevermind...stay on topic...It doesnt mean that every wii U owner is going to purchase the game. If anything you should be happy that theres even 700 people playing it at all. Its never been wildly successful or even largely popular among the Nintendo community. If anything, This may get it a much larger fan-base with the Nintendo Crowd. Just give it some time, eh? Nintendo Gamers aren't used to the series like xbox and ps3 owners are.

epidemia

Nov 24, 2012
"Its crap" says a bunch of people who never played it on the new Wii. I have no idea, maybe those guys are right. Ill refrain from casting judgements until I buy a Wii U and play a game I have no interest in no matter the platform which will be approximately half past never.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
wombat_of_war said:
its hard to claw back your hardcore status with gamers once you are pretty much seen as only providing a casual platform for years
Indeed it is, but with titles like Blops 2 and AssCreed 3 it will hopefully sway some gamers. I know I'd love to play Aliens Colonial Marines on the WiiU because of the integrated Motion Tracker on the game-pad screen.