A Letter from the Editor-in-Chief

dibblywibbles

Mar 20, 2009
Don't get me wrong I really do like this website, I spend enough time wandering around in it, but should we be pushing for gaming to be considered a lifestyle? maybe to those in the industry it is and I can respect that, but to us normal folk it should only be a hobby, like brewing your own crappy beer. I guess this place is as "lifestylish" as other gaming websites but really.... there's more to life than games for me(thank god!). I won't vote out of principle, but I hope you win if only for your entertaining forums and great content.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Voted, and looks like the Escapist has a huge majority in both categories.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Zenron said:
In the category for best lifestyle? What does that even mean? Meh, I voted anyway.
Eh, it's basically "thing you're really into and/or that means a lot to you." It's hard to compare gaming to being vegan, but what's important, in my opinion, is that it's being taken as seriously as more established, "normal," personal points of view - like gardening, cooking, etc.

Thanks for your vote!

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Ah, "lifestyle". This is a category that also includes Martha Stewart. This means that either:

1) "lifestyle" is just their overblown way of saying "that thing I like",
or
2) it really means "the way I live my life" and there is a cult of sad people out there who worship Martha Stewart in the Jesus way, not the celebrity way.

So I'm hoping it's #1 and am gonna vote for the Escapist accordingly.

robert022614

meeeoooow
Dec 1, 2009
last i checked we were ahead, but that was two days ago and now the standings are hidden anyone have a recent update like from the 26th?

awatkins

Oct 17, 2008
I dont know how everyone else feels, but for me I will be VERY f8cking happy when these Web awards are over. I'm so sick of bottom-screen pop ups, and complete page changes whenever I want to watch my fav Excapist vids. Yeah I voted for your site Russ, but next year, please be a little LESS persistant about it eh? ppl like the site and everything everyone contributes to it, we will vote for you regardless (and in my case, in spite) of your annoying pop ups. Dont add them next ye ha plz?

-Awatkins