A Letter to the Moderation, and a Defense of Wynn.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
Marik2 said:
Who was meta master?
I'm not sure I'm technically allowed to say but it was just a banjumper having an Epyc meltdown.

But like I said, I don't think I'm at liberty to discuss it. You'll just have to peek through my Wynndow when I have the ban list up to see who it was. Sorry I can't say more than that.
What a mystery

I wonder what this person said

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Armadox said:
I will respond to the others of which have posted as soon as I can. It was Halloween and I took my daughter out to get candy. I have, many things I'd like to express. But to you, Neverhoodian, I've had this avatar for a very, very long time. It breaks no rules. I am sorry you are offended by the existence of tongue ring holes and red food coloring. But if I am a bad apple merely for my taste in art, well I find that a discredit to my message that your sense of self importance is such that you'd ignore what I am on about merely because you dislike my avatar. The palatablity of my avatar is mere distraction from the topic at hand, and shouldn't be for you to determine. Please would you kindly find it in you to not attack me on such a personal front for no reason other then you wish to be dismissive.
"Eugh, that Avatar makes me personally uncomfortable."

"This is a personal attack!"

Man, moderating these forums sounds like more of a chore daily.
Been here since 2010, 1400+ posts. And the one post where in I choose to have a controversial opinion against a means by which a member was banned, and now someone chooses to argue against my choice in art without saying anything at all to the rest of the conversation as a whole. Yes. I wonder what you'd call that. I didn't call him names. I merely told him to stop.

Saelune said:
Uh, you have a gross avatar. I dont think you should be forced to change it, but dont pretend it isnt a gross avatar.
I don't have to pretend it isn't a gross avatar because it doesn't matter how you choose to take it. I don't like some others avatars on here, doesn't mean I've spent a single post in request or demand that they change it. More to the point, I have never once wavered from a point I made back when I chose to defend Hatred on here: Art has the right to offend. It is one medium by which you can bring out an emotional response in a single moment. If that emotion is disgust for you, good. If not, also good.

And, mind you, as someone who demanded Fox12 shoot himself in the head in the last week, I don't think you have any legs to stand on when it comes to gross behavior.

Dr.Susse said:
It should be said to users worried that the mods will take away a persons Publisher club access just because we don't like them, we won't. This was a situation not to be used as any precedent because it wasn't a regular situation. Users have always discussed their grievances with us, just like in this thread.

But Wynn took every conversation he could, with moderators and staff, to call us corrupt; to say we were repressive of free speech and then rant and rave without ever discussing the actual problem. We didn't secretly connive to ban him and I think we were a lot more patient than the couple of other websites that have have also banned this same person.

Also if User has paid for the Publisher club we never will revoke it, it's not an option.

This is just a small forum now not a conspiracy.
We should try and get along, because it won't be here forever and it's your choice whether you'll remember it fondly or not.
It isn't that Wynn should be banned. I agree he should. I even said if you unbanned him, he would eventually get himself banned. It's not necessarily that Wynn got banned, but that Wynn makes a useful prop on what I took umbrage with: Wynn didn't have a full health bar, he actually finally got a reprieve. Most of Wynn's antics was in the WW, which in all rights shouldn't be held against him. Every time he spilled out of that place, he got a warning for it which was deserved. Stripping away his pubclub after everything left him with no where else to complain about that action save in public where that got him banned. For, what I'll say was not really that inflammatory a post. No one else has every had pubclub taken from them, and just because it's Wynn doesn't mean that sets a good new precedence for how things will go. We've been through We-Do-What-We-Want moderation before on here. It was bad times.

I would have made this post if it was Saelune, or Zontar, or Lunatic, or CM, or Fox12, or RunDownRabbit.It doesn't matter who it was. It came down to a matter of someone not getting a fair shake with how the rules went. As other moderators spoke, I feel more then satisfied with the situation when it comes to the banning. That was, after all the secondary concern I had.

The first one was of the site's mentality moving forward, and in that sense I do not feel very good about things. NewClassic, you are absolutely right. This place has run the same way for a decade. And we've had moderation issues, a toxic community, passive-aggressive movements that have formed grudges that sit and fester for years. We have no content. We have no cause. And as gamers are dead, Why, we have no identity. Why? Why is it that you would sail this ship straight into the same rocks that we've hit every few years from the start of this site? How would you actually change things?

This, this staff is more then likely the last changing of the guard this site will ever see. These people. As Dr.Susse said, if you want to remember this place fondly it comes down to us to do that. During Frappe's entire "up-dates" issue, I spoke about a new method for content creation. One driven by the members who would like to do so, and filtered through a CM. Well, that CM is Basement Cat. But it doesn't matter what I or anyone else says if we still think this place is a Gaming Magazine. Still looked after by Defy. Still in the hands of those who, repeatedly drove it to where we are now. A burned out forum, and Yahtzee's one man show.

Defy isn't going to help us. Frappe very much showed that there is no savior coming from up on high. There was no communication from the moderation much at all for a while. But man, there's every moderator coming to say something in this thread right now isn't there? So, I have your attention. Well, what are we doing here? We have a whole new staff. A clean slate. We have a CM for the first time in a long time. But staying the course, that didn't make things better. You think there's consequences from owners that no longer even have this place listed on their website as backing this place?

I know the Escapist I want to see. I've spoken for it for a while now. The change that moves this place forward would be a challenge. A hard challenge. I think what is left of this community could spend it in better waters...

Edit: .... This was what I was about to post. But that doesn't matter now.

?But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?? ~Mark Twain.

Huh. Well now this crow tastes mighty bad, but I guess I deserve it. See, my original desire. The thing I saw as most important when seeing this place shift toward something more community driven ahead of the old mindset, I found that the old guard would hinder this in a way that irked me. Then how things went with Wynn, and the new staff list and I could see the bad old days already starting.

And, I apologize. The moderation who posted in this thread (who showed they're here and actually posting) did a lot to assuage me that this wasn't old grudges rearing their head. If Wynn's ban was that of a specialty case. I believe that. Getting more of the backstory makes it very obvious why it needed to happen.

And yes, I can apologize. I can see when I was in the wrong. How sad. That's the bad news. Good news is I GOT what I actually wanted anyways! I got it and I didn't know it because in the chaos of the last few days, a holiday and this garbage I didn't see the news feed. Open Letter.. blah blah blah. Basement Cat says some things.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/contact

This. This right here was something I missed in the fray and it's this more then anything else that I think will be the way forward. THIS is what I have been asking for. Making a case toward. Turns out I owe a lot of people an apology today. Not Neverhoodian mind, but lots of people indeed.

Thank you for your time. We're done here. Can I get this thread locked please?

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Armadox said:
lacktheknack said:
Armadox said:
I will respond to the others of which have posted as soon as I can. It was Halloween and I took my daughter out to get candy. I have, many things I'd like to express. But to you, Neverhoodian, I've had this avatar for a very, very long time. It breaks no rules. I am sorry you are offended by the existence of tongue ring holes and red food coloring. But if I am a bad apple merely for my taste in art, well I find that a discredit to my message that your sense of self importance is such that you'd ignore what I am on about merely because you dislike my avatar. The palatablity of my avatar is mere distraction from the topic at hand, and shouldn't be for you to determine. Please would you kindly find it in you to not attack me on such a personal front for no reason other then you wish to be dismissive.
"Eugh, that Avatar makes me personally uncomfortable."

"This is a personal attack!"

Man, moderating these forums sounds like more of a chore daily.
Been here since 2010, 1400+ posts. And the one post where in I choose to have a controversial opinion against a means by which a member was banned, and now someone chooses to argue against my choice in art without saying anything at all to the rest of the conversation as a whole. Yes. I wonder what you'd call that. I didn't call him names. I merely told him to stop.

Saelune said:
Uh, you have a gross avatar. I dont think you should be forced to change it, but dont pretend it isnt a gross avatar.
I don't have to pretend it isn't a gross avatar because it doesn't matter how you choose to take it. I don't like some others avatars on here, doesn't mean I've spent a single post in request or demand that they change it. More to the point, I have never once wavered from a point I made back when I chose to defend Hatred on here: Art has the right to offend. It is one medium by which you can bring out an emotional response in a single moment. If that emotion is disgust for you, good. If not, also good.

And, mind you, as someone who demanded Fox12 shoot himself in the head in the last week, I don't think you have any legs to stand on when it comes to gross behavior.

Dr.Susse said:
It should be said to users worried that the mods will take away a persons Publisher club access just because we don't like them, we won't. This was a situation not to be used as any precedent because it wasn't a regular situation. Users have always discussed their grievances with us, just like in this thread.

But Wynn took every conversation he could, with moderators and staff, to call us corrupt; to say we were repressive of free speech and then rant and rave without ever discussing the actual problem. We didn't secretly connive to ban him and I think we were a lot more patient than the couple of other websites that have have also banned this same person.

Also if User has paid for the Publisher club we never will revoke it, it's not an option.

This is just a small forum now not a conspiracy.
We should try and get along, because it won't be here forever and it's your choice whether you'll remember it fondly or not.
It isn't that Wynn should be banned. I agree he should. I even said if you unbanned him, he would eventually get himself banned. It's not necessarily that Wynn got banned, but that Wynn makes a useful prop on what I took umbrage with: Wynn didn't have a full health bar, he actually finally got a reprieve. Most of Wynn's antics was in the WW, which in all rights shouldn't be held against him. Every time he spilled out of that place, he got a warning for it which was deserved. Stripping away his pubclub after everything left him with no where else to complain about that action save in public where that got him banned. For, what I'll say was not really that inflammatory a post. No one else has every had pubclub taken from them, and just because it's Wynn doesn't mean that sets a good new precedence for how things will go. We've been through We-Do-What-We-Want moderation before on here. It was bad times.

I would have made this post if it was Saelune, or Zontar, or Lunatic, or CM, or Fox12, or RunDownRabbit.It doesn't matter who it was. It came down to a matter of someone not getting a fair shake with how the rules went. As other moderators spoke, I feel more then satisfied with the situation when it comes to the banning. That was, after all the secondary concern I had.

The first one was of the site's mentality moving forward, and in that sense I do not feel very good about things. NewClassic, you are absolutely right. This place has run the same way for a decade. And we've had moderation issues, a toxic community, passive-aggressive movements that have formed grudges that sit and fester for years. We have no content. We have no cause. And as gamers are dead, Why, we have no identity. Why? Why is it that you would sail this ship straight into the same rocks that we've hit every few years from the start of this site? How would you actually change things?

This, this staff is more then likely the last changing of the guard this site will ever see. These people. As Dr.Susse said, if you want to remember this place fondly it comes down to us to do that. During Frappe's entire "up-dates" issue, I spoke about a new method for content creation. One driven by the members who would like to do so, and filtered through a CM. Well, that CM is Basement Cat. But it doesn't matter what I or anyone else says if we still think this place is a Gaming Magazine. Still looked after by Defy. Still in the hands of those who, repeatedly drove it to where we are now. A burned out forum, and Yahtzee's one man show.

Defy isn't going to help us. Frappe very much showed that there is no savior coming from up on high. There was no communication from the moderation much at all for a while. But man, there's every moderator coming to say something in this thread right now isn't there? So, I have your attention. Well, what are we doing here? We have a whole new staff. A clean slate. We have a CM for the first time in a long time. But staying the course, that didn't make things better. You think there's consequences from owners that no longer even have this place listed on their website as backing this place?

I know the Escapist I want to see. I've spoken for it for a while now. The change that moves this place forward would be a challenge. A hard challenge. I think what is left of this community could spend it in better waters...

Edit: .... This was what I was about to post. But that doesn't matter now.

?But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?? ~Mark Twain.

Huh. Well now this crow tastes mighty bad, but I guess I deserve it. See, my original desire. The thing I saw as most important when seeing this place shift toward something more community driven ahead of the old mindset, I found that the old guard would hinder this in a way that irked me. Then how things went with Wynn, and the new staff list and I could see the bad old days already starting.

And, I apologize. The moderation who posted in this thread (who showed they're here and actually posting) did a lot to assuage me that this wasn't old grudges rearing their head. If Wynn's ban was that of a specialty case. I believe that. Getting more of the backstory makes it very obvious why it needed to happen.

And yes, I can apologize. I can see when I was in the wrong. How sad. That's the bad news. Good news is I GOT what I actually wanted anyways! I got it and I didn't know it because in the chaos of the last few days, a holiday and this garbage I didn't see the news feed. Open Letter.. blah blah blah. Basement Cat says some things.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/contact

This. This right here was something I missed in the fray and it's this more then anything else that I think will be the way forward. THIS is what I have been asking for. Making a case toward. Turns out I owe a lot of people an apology today. Not Neverhoodian mind, but lots of people indeed.

Thank you for your time. We're done here. Can I get this thread locked please?
Whatever dude. Your avatar is gross. Just like puke is gross. As I said, I dont think you should be forced to change it, but dont pretend it isnt what it is. Would be like if I pretended my avatar wasnt a furry.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Locking per the OPs request.

What do you mean this looks fishy that we'd lock it!!?!? I swear, the OP asked me to!!! Guys...put the pitchforks down....guys, come on, let's talk about this.....Hey, behind you, is that guy on fire?

*tippy2k2 successfully flees