A little intelligence test

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
Lets play a game. Below is an example of a coded message, what it is, or the cipher used is a mystery. Send me a properly translated message and you win! yeah i know anti climatic but you know what, im broke :p i cant offer a prize. If this is well receipted ill use a harder style of cipher and we'll go from there!

wepfu eaido mrrto tiucs dstqi rdrco femte alesr esgit oesoo ioant ihoii ondao eaehp olote ntdtt snret fraoe efcui nsala jsien ueoet crnult poieo teomn eecpo ohgnr lefra deueh besno lbryo uslea dupsr tdodi adsal sticn tttof ruies ttsfm rctee hiseo rompe nebht irmia iyvfh mdnrt eewan ctlif etrvn rtyrn ebhss untts eai

Please message me the solution, if you get it, lets not ruin it for everyone.

This phrase is a famous part of American history. Thats your clue!

Operative1980

Oct 1, 2010
Its an interesting one, im not going to try and work it out but just from a quick glance i can tell that its not a simple a=z b=y kind of thing. there is a triple 't' and multiple double letters of varying kinds which to me indicates that the cypher cycles depending on either what the last letter was or moves on one for each letter.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Oh, imtriguing, although I am rubbish at breaking codes, and this one seems particuarly difficult.

Is there some significance in all the words being 5 letters long apart from "crnult" and "eai" that seems like a virtually impossible coincidence.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Hitokiri_Gensai said:
Lets play a game. Below is an example of a coded message, what it is, or the cipher used is a mystery. Send me a properly translated message and you win! yeah i know anti climatic but you know what, im broke :p i cant offer a prize. If this is well receipted ill use a harder style of cipher and we'll go from there!

wepfu eaido mrrto tiucs dstqi rdrco femte alesr esgit oesoo ioant ihoii ondao eaehp olote ntdtt snret fraoe efcui nsala jsien ueoet crnult poieo teomn eecpo ohgnr lefra deueh besno lbryo uslea dupsr tdodi adsal sticn tttof ruies ttsfm rctee hiseo rompe nebht irmia iyvfh mdnrt eewan ctlif etrvn rtyrn ebhss untts eai

Dumb question: is that supposed to be a 'k'??

And just so as I'm not wasting my time, is that a bifid cipher?

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
The answer is 4.
It's always fucking 4.

4 GOD-DAMMIT! 4!!!
:p

Plus i don't know much about American history... so that's my excuse for not exactly trying that hard.

gallaetha_matt

Feb 28, 2010
Hitokiri_Gensai said:
Do you know what else is a famous part of American history? Do you know what's another way of saying 'lots of work with no prize at the end'?

EDT: I'm not being facetious, that actually is my guess.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Hero in a half shell said:
Is there some significance in all the words being 5 letters long apart from "crnult" and "eai" that seems like a virtually impossible coincidence.
... shit... I didn't see that because of my netbook's resolution, but fuck, it might be a playfair cipher, if that's the case, I'm leaving!

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Sizzle Montyjing said:
The answer is 4.
It's always fucking 4.

4 GOD-DAMMIT! 4!!!
... No, it isn't, if it'a maths we're talking, the answer is always either '1' or '0'. And four is an unlucky number where I come from!

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
no, you dont have to print it out. I did it on the computer, albeit, took a while and ultimately gave me a major headache. Im also suffering an uncomfortable cold so that made it more of a pain.

Eitherway, its not a playfair cipher

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Hitokiri_Gensai said:

Is every letter a single letter in the solution?

Also do all the letters become a different letter in the solution?

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
SckizoBoy said:
Sizzle Montyjing said:
The answer is 4.
It's always fucking 4.

4 GOD-DAMMIT! 4!!!
... No, it isn't, if it'a maths we're talking, the answer is always either '1' or '0'. And four is an unlucky number where I come from!
what's 1+1?
i think ye mean bin-arr-y.
and its actually either 9, seagulls or 42.

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
LarenzoAOG said:
Hitokiri_Gensai said:

every single letter is in the solution.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Hitokiri_Gensai said:
no, you dont have to print it out. I did it on the computer, albeit, took a while and ultimately gave me a major headache. Im also suffering an uncomfortable cold so that made it more of a pain.
*hrk* But encrypting is the easy part, innit?! Any clues for the key... at all? Or would that be too much of a spoiler?

Anyways, curious about the

bit. Is that a typo, or do all position 5 letters need to be bumped?

Eitherway, its not a playfair cipher
But it is a bifid cipher... isn't it?

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Hitokiri_Gensai said:
LarenzoAOG said:
Hitokiri_Gensai said:

every single letter is in the solution.
Does every letter have only one solution?

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Check it, all the letter groupings are 5 characters a piece EXCEPT the last one. That has to be a clue to solving this, right?