A Look at 2010, From 1972: Our Real Future Sucks

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
CrystalShadow said:
SageRuffin said:
I'll tell you one thing I find wrong with today's future: teenage boys who dress like 12 year old girls! o__O'
Where on Earth have you seen that???

Not that I would consider that a bad thing...

People are far too uptight about gender roles, even when a lot of them are very specific to certain times and cultures.
(men with long hair is a good example - It was the norm for hundreds if not thousands of years. And all of a sudden it makes you 'girly'? Honestly, what is wrong with people...)
Oh no, what I've seen is far worse. If I can find any pictures, I'll happily post them; it's one of those "I can show better than tell" situations.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
We're not all wearing jumpsuits at least.

I always figured that was a plus.

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
I watched this program a long time ago about tech in the next 50 years. Our clothes will be able to tell if we have hurt ourselfs and alto contact the police etc.

JeppeH

Nov 18, 2009
sephiroth1991 said:
I watched this program a long time ago about tech in the next 50 years. Our clothes will be able to tell if we have hurt ourselfs and alto contact the police etc.
I doubt "auto contact police" will ever be present in clothing as it would cause too many false alarms and its already easy to call the police or for rescuers to triangulate cellphone positioning.
What would be nice was if the phone-manufactures agreed on a standart way of sending geo-coordinates(GPS) when doing an emergentcy call and emergentcy callcenters then implemented the technology.

There is already clothing being developed which can cushion falls on impact, like an airbag combined with a material that solidifies on impact.. pretty neat.

Most modern skii-jackets have a metal-plate that responds to earth-radar and metal detectors they use in avalance rescues.

I predict that in 50 years most clothing will be cotton and nontech enhanced, because its cheap and people wants a new set of clothes every day of the week and keep with the fashions.
But workclothing will be inhanced, for instance oil or chemical proff with nano-surfaces, physical-buffer technology like airbags or cushioning.
And we will see caps and beanies that double as hardhats/skate-helmets.

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
JeppeH said:
sephiroth1991 said:
I doubt "auto contact police" will ever be present in clothing as it would cause too many false alarms and its already easy to call the police or for rescuers to triangulate cellphone positioning.
What would be nice was if the phone-manufactures agreed on a standart way of sending geo-coordinates(GPS) when doing an emergentcy call and emergentcy callcenters then implemented the technology.

There is already clothing being developed which can cushion falls on impact, like an airbag combined with a material that solidifies on impact.. pretty neat.

Most modern skii-jackets have a metal-plate that responds to earth-radar and metal detectors they use in avalance rescues.

I predict that in 50 years most clothing will be cotton and nontech enhanced, because its cheap and people wants a new set of clothes every day of the week and keep with the fashions.
But workclothing will be inhanced, for instance oil or chemical proff with nano-surfaces, physical-buffer technology like airbags or cushioning.
I can't remember exsacly the details but our clothing will be monitering our life signs. The same is being done for soldiers, also another cool thing is that their designing some buillit proof armour that is light waight but as soon as a bullit hits there is a fast reaction that couses that bit of armour to become as hard as steal. Remember this is predicted in the next 50 years. Look how much tech has come in the last 20

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
SageRuffin said:
CrystalShadow said:
SageRuffin said:
I'll tell you one thing I find wrong with today's future: teenage boys who dress like 12 year old girls! o__O'

People are far too uptight about gender roles, even when a lot of them are very specific to certain times and cultures.
(men with long hair is a good example - It was the norm for hundreds if not thousands of years. And all of a sudden it makes you 'girly'? Honestly, what is wrong with people...)
Oh no, what I've seen is far worse. If I can find any pictures, I'll happily post them; it's one of those "I can show better than tell" situations.
Wait... Wait. It's not one of those cosplay things is it? XD.

That never goes well.

Mind you, I've seen a group of men going around wearing skirts just to prove a point. (still, the kilt started from something similar; Ever hear what the 'bearded ladies' actually originally were?)

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
CrystalShadow said:
SageRuffin said:
CrystalShadow said:
SageRuffin said:

That never goes well.

Mind you, I've seen a group of men going around wearing skirts just to prove a point. (still, the kilt started from something similar; Ever hear what the 'bearded ladies' actually originally were?)
Imagine this -

- but shrink everything down to about a size too small, replace the shirt with something you may find from Forever XXI, have the guy's pants completely off his ass, remove the little bracelet, and make the guy black and somewhere between 13 and 17 years of age.

Yeah. Frightening, isn't it?

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
SageRuffin said:
CrystalShadow said:
SageRuffin said:
CrystalShadow said:
SageRuffin said:

That never goes well.

Imagine this -

- but shrink everything down to about a size too small, replace the shirt with something you may find from Forever XXI, have the guy's pants completely off his ass, remove the little bracelet, and make the guy black and somewhere between 13 and 17 years of age.

Yeah. Frightening, isn't it?
Ouch. It's worse than I could have imagined. XD.

JeppeH

Nov 18, 2009
sephiroth1991 said:
JeppeH said:
sephiroth1991 said:

I can't remember exsacly the details but our clothing will be monitering our life signs. The same is being done for soldiers, also another cool thing is that their designing some buillit proof armour that is light waight but as soon as a bullit hits there is a fast reaction that couses that bit of armour to become as hard as steal. Remember this is predicted in the next 50 years. Look how much tech has come in the last 20
As I stated, I believe the technology will be there, but will be too expensive or unpractical to have in all clothing.
Instead we will see really "smart" workclothes and then everyday fashion will be as it is today - as cheaply produced as possible. Like goretex-membranes, they are clever in performance outdoor clothing, but they are an invisible enhancement and has only made it to winter-shoe and outdoor/sportswear fashion.
There will be more enhancements to choose from, but the bulk t-shirt and jeans industry will still be cheap non-enhanced clothing with pretty colors.