A Mass Effect 3 thread with some good news.

Oro44

Jan 28, 2009
Wait, good things about ME3? I don't know if I can handle this! But in any case, I do like this move. As for the trailer, any time I hear Two Steps From Hell, I'm a happy camper.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
ID=204 Prejek Paddlefish Type: Intel - StartingStrength=0 ConditionalDescription="Paddlefish survive to new game plus"

Paddle Fish are not a lie!!!

There is still hope =D

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Frankster said:
Wow OP, that is actually good news, I was honestly expecting a troll thread with a deceptive thread title (good news being used sarcastically), so yeh, color me surprised.

Well, seeing as this is one of the things I've been disliking in both me1 and me2, I'm rather pleased by this change.
You wound me, good sir. Me post something bad about ME3? Where would you possibly get that idea? :p
I may be a frequent detractor of the game, but I give credit where credit is due.

sabercrusader

Jul 18, 2009
Awesome. Now I only have one other problem with the series. The fact that the major choices, like the Rachni or the Council, are split into paragon and renegade choices. I don't like it. Though I guess part of the reason is that the lack of points if you, say, chose a renegade choice when playing as a paragon, may keep you from being able to make a different paragon dialogue choice.

Still, even with that in mind that they fixed it to an extent, I still don't really like it, and it still won't work the same way if you wanted to go back and make a new character, you'll still have to deal with Mass Effect 1 and 2's way of doing it. Meh though, it's a small complaint really, nothing really big, just something I'd wish they'd address. Not going to stop me from loving Mass Effect 3.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
YES! This is a great move, and something I've wanted games to do since Kotor!

No one is a great person all of the time, everyone has that one button that you don't want to push.

Also, Mass Effect tried to push the whole moral grey area throughout the series, so it makes sense that you should be able to choose between a "mostly" good or "mostly" evil Shepard.

Ooooh, now I can play as my evil bastard of a Shepard who manipulates people through kindness! I'm getting chills!

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
Yay, now I can be wither the Paragade Shepard who doesn't take shit from anybody, or the Hardass Shepard With the heart of gold.

Raiha

Jul 3, 2009
definitely good news, but my character from ME2 is already full paragon. i was only renegade when i couldn't stand the thought of the paragon action. it would kinda betray his character if i were to start to be an asshole now.

Setrus

Oct 17, 2011
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
They fixed one of my biggest complaints about the series, you no longer have to metagame. :D
Discussion: Thoughts on this?
I love it, this is exactly what people wants and Bioware should be lauded for stepping away from the KOTOR light-dark side point system.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Oh man the Blasto Movies have been leaked, they arent part of the plot but they are awesome.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
boag said:
ID=204 Prejek Paddlefish Type: Intel - StartingStrength=0 ConditionalDescription="Paddlefish survive to new game plus"

There is still hope =D
...I have no idea what you are trying to say.

P.S. WHAT! BLASTO THE SPECTRE MOVIES!? Holy crap, that's awesome. Gonna wait to watch them in game though.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
erttheking said:
boag said:

There is still hope =D

P.S. WHAT! BLASTO THE SPECTRE MOVIES!? Holy crap, that's awesome. Gonna wait to watch them in game though.
There is a rumor going around with some supposedly Shooped screenshots of a new game+, and that the paddlefish surviving from you ME2 save will be required for a secret ending.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
boag said:
erttheking said:
boag said:

There is still hope =D

There is a rumor going around with some supposedly Shooped screenshots of a new game+, and that the paddlefish surviving from you ME2 save will be required for a secret ending.
I'm still confused, what paddlefish are you talking about? Is this something to do with Shepard's fish tank?

EDIT: The one from the store on Illium? If that has something to do with a secret ending...that's really really stupid.