A movie that messed you up

Fiend13

Apr 15, 2010
Technically not a movie but the latest season finale of Torchwood. Still shivering thinking about that.

Kenji_03

May 12, 2007
9 months with Hugh Grant. I will never think having kids is fun, EVER, after seeing that movie.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Pet Sematary.

I was twelve when I saw it and I had weeks worth of nightmares and terror and subsequent trauma. I would later discover that I'd lost my sense of fear. To this day, I can't feel fear properly.

It really did mess me up majorly. The most scared I've ever been by a movie.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Psychologically strong movies I've seen:

Antichrist
Saw (only the first, the rest is garbage)
Oldboy of course
Buried was also surprisingly good

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
There was a thread on most disturbing film, and a lot of people said it was A Serbian Film. I just HAD to look it up. I didn't see it, just read the plot on wikipedia. If you even think about laughing during that movie, please fellate a shotgun. I legitimately couldn't sleep after reading it, and I'm not fazed by any of the Saw movies.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Watching Superbad made me realise how much of a depressed loner I am. Left me pretty depressed for a while after that.

Rockchimp69

Dec 4, 2010
"Salo Or 120 days of sodom"
and
"Cannibal Holocaust"
are both movies I have never watched but seen some pictures of and read the plot synopsis and as that alone was enough to make me feel sick and disgusted for the next week I am definitely not watching them.

Surprisingly although the Human Centipede had a similar effect on me I got over that and even ended up watching that and being almost unfazed by it.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
epialesofaergia said:
biggskanz said:
Zardoz starring Sean Connery. "The gun is good, and the penis is evil." Seriously check this one out.
Zardoz is one of those movies that a lot of people give shit, but I liked it. Cool to see someone else reference it!
Me too o_O

I was like "Holy sh*t! Sean Connery in a red diaper and suspenders! I have to see what this is about!". It was kind of mental, but surprisingly good o_O

For me it's probably Akira, I tries really hard to understand all the underlying themes and stuff, but there was a giant milk-leaking teddy bear and a trio of wrinkly blue children in the way o_O

Also intense: The Machinist, Requiem for a Dream

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
No movie has actually scared me, or even close to it, but as far as "messed up" in the head, the one that's done that the most was The End of Evangelion. If you thought the end of the series was enough rape for your mind, that movie takes it to a whole new level. Kept me up all night and made me bother a friend in the middle of the night to talk through it throughout the night despite my friend not knowing what in the hell I was talking about.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Signs & The Ring

I was like ten. Thoughs movies scared me for the best part of the week after seeing it.

PopcornAvenger

Jul 15, 2008
The Exorcist.

The original Dawn of the Dead. The only movie I almost walked out on, and I was a horror fan. I turned green.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Artemis923 said:
The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Freakin' Tim Curry...no other man could look so damn sexy in drag.

No homo.
Tim fucking Curry. Thank you for reminding me - Stephen King's IT.

That fucked me right up at the tender age of 8.

It'd probably be hilarious to watch now.

Mad1Cow

Jan 8, 2011
Most likely Full Monty...watched it when I was 5 and you can imagine the impact something like that would have on a childs mind (considering I had never heard of sex ever). Either that or Jumanji, Monopoly certainly looks a lot more terryfying if the steel dog is the same size as a boat...and then I had nightmares of the iron and boot ganging up on me...

Then again I was a very impressionable child...

Xanian

Oct 19, 2009
Jacob's Ladder when I was ten.

The idea that you either live with demons in a world full of conspiracy, are crazy, or (best option) are dead.

It was my first glimpse into authentic hopelessness.

Malidictuim

Dec 5, 2007
Revolver with Jason Statham. That just headfucked me HARD. Like, even thinking about it makes my brain start to divide.
"It's single greatest trick, is convincing you that it IS you."