A New Mouse Guard Game Is On The Way

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
A New Mouse Guard Game Is On The Way

Mouse Guard: Swords & Strongholds is a light strategy game lifted directly from the comics.

A new strategy game based on the Mouse Guard comics has come to Kickstarter: Mouse Guard: Swords & Strongholds is a light abstract strategy game that is played in 10-20 minutes. Based on the game actually played by the mouse warriors of David Petersen's comics, the game has players maneuvering a set of pieces across a notched board using cards. The individual cards give different pieces different move types at any given time, making the game an adaptable, fast-moving exercise in strategy. Luke Crane, the game's designer, previously made the award-winning roleplaying game based on the Mouse Guard world.

David Petersen's Mouse Guard comics have done quite well over the years, and it's certainly a foregone conclusion that there will be fan support for the project.

In the game, players maneuver their game pieces around a board in an attempt to either capture their opponents' pieces or reach their opponents' end of the board and set up a stronghold. After a piece moves, the players can use a card from their hand to either make the piece into a stronghold, swap with an enemy piece, dismantle an enemy stronghold, or push around enemy pieces. Enemy pieces pushed off the board or into a friendly stronghold are destroyed. The game looks fast-moving and accessible - ideal for two-player and abstract game fans.

You can check out Mouse Guard: Swords & Strongholds on Kickstarter. [https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/burningwheel/mouse-guard-swords-and-strongholds] The project ends August 7th.

[kickstarter=burningwheel/mouse-guard-swords-and-strongholds]

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Ah, and here I was hoping that they were coming out with a new version of the RPG. Oh well. Well, I'll likely give this a look anyway since the group I've been hanging out with has been doing board games more than RPGs recently.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
They really don't need to do a new version of the RPG... just put it back in print. Seriously... The Mouseguard RPG is amazing...

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
^ FUCKING THIS. Why has that game been out-of-print so long?! I've been trying to buy a box-set FOREVER.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Scars Unseen said:
Ah, and here I was hoping that they were coming out with a new version of the RPG. Oh well. Well, I'll likely give this a look anyway since the group I've been hanging out with has been doing board games more than RPGs recently.
PedroSteckecilo said:
They really don't need to do a new version of the RPG... just put it back in print. Seriously... The Mouseguard RPG is amazing...
teknoarcanist said:
^ FUCKING THIS. Why has that game been out-of-print so long?! I've been trying to buy a box-set FOREVER.
Oh yeah?

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Burning_Luke/status/486911460334137344]

Don't say I never get y'all anything nice.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
JonB said:
Oh yeah?

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Burning_Luke/status/486911460334137344]

Don't say I never get y'all anything nice.
I don't think that the forum mods will allow me to get away with simply posting an inarticulate sound of glee, so I will expand upon that and say that this news makes me a bit happy. Also...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!