A New Sonic Game

Tyro Seri

Jul 20, 2009
Did you like Sonic Generations? so did i. its no doubt that by now sega have cracked how to make good 3D games and the question is whats next? where can they take sonic now that they've teamed him up with himself?

my idea: an open world sonic game!

hear me out!hear me out!

i know that sega have done open world-ish stuff with sonic in 'Adventure' and '06' and its not all that good, but if they did a game thats entirly open world, with no stages you have to enter, it might work.

imagine 'brutal legend' but with sonic. AND no more humans or developed cities, its all back in south island (or mobius) all the character are animals and the world map is made of areas from the megadrive games.

what do you guys think?

Dec 14, 2009
Sonic Generations 2.

But this time, nothing past the Megadrive titles :D

I want a remake of Hydrocity Zone and Ice Cap Zone, damn it!

Sonic Team, make it so!

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I just want another Sonic game in the style of Colours or Generations. They've found something that works there's no need to fuck it up by adding werewolves or some shit into it.
Daystar Clarion said:
I really don't get why Sega didn't make DLC levels for Generations. There's so many awesome levels they could have added.

Dec 14, 2009
Hazy992 said:
I just want another Sonic game in the style of Colours or Generations. They've found something that works there's no need to fuck it up by adding werewolves or some shit into it.
Daystar Clarion said:
I really don't get why Sega didn't make DLC levels for Generations. There's so many awesome levels they could have added.
Yeah, I never really understood why they didn't do that either...

There's so many good levels in the Megadrive titles, they could base a whole game around Classic Sonic.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
It could work but this isn't advisable due to the fanbase, this relationship has been stretched to it's breaking point many times so we shouldn't push it more.

But if people were ready to give it a shot this could very well work in small increments, I would go with an open overworld with slower 3D platforming and exploration stuff and then challenge stages in the standard 2D Sonic style spread throughout the world.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Hazy992 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Yeah, I never really understood why they didn't do that either...

There's so many good levels in the Megadrive titles, they could base a whole game around Classic Sonic.
Yeah they've got over twenty years of Sonic levels to work with here, they could make Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic packs or something. That'd be awesome as there's loads of 3D levels I'd have loved to have seen too like Green Forest or Sky Deck. It'd make so much sense to do.

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
You know want in a Sonic game? A chao garden. Hell, I don't even need Sonic, I just wanna raise chao.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I'm one of those people who kinda of likes the other playable characters in Sonic, I'd say stick with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.

Sonics levels be like they were in Generations
Tails be similar but with Flying sections
Knuckles levels loaded with Enemies with Gliding sections.

The main thing is, keep the speed up!

I loved generations my favourite level was probably City Escape and I really like Rooftop run despite never playing the game that it was from.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
EternalNothingness said:
And, if that weren't enough, this kind of game would also have social elements akin to Personas 3 and 4, like I once said with Skylanders. In-between zones and acts, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles can have a little downtime and socialize with each other to develop relationship values. Depending on the dialogue choices, you could make either one, two, or all three of them either friends or rivals, leading to various dialogue branches and one of six endings, twelve if you were to collect all the Chaos Emeralds. Not only that, but those dialogue choices can also determine whether the three stay together no matter what, or split up especially after a heated argument, much like Dragon Age: Origins' approval system. And, when they do split-up, you can select between one or two of those characters to see through their perspectives separate from the others', much like Sonic Adventures 1 and 2's style of storytelling. In-turn, this increases the number endings from six/twelve to nine/eighteen
You do realise not every game has to be like Mass Effect or Dragon Age right? Having a dialogue system in a Sonic game would add absolutely nothing to it. It's like adding a moral choice system in Mario games - it makes no sense.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Just make like, 40 stages, all with Generations style old and new stuff.
Shit would be so cash.

Project_Xii

Jul 5, 2009
Basically people just want HD remakes over all the old Sonic 2/3/Knuckles levels. And you know what? That's damn well fine by me and every other fan. If they said they were going to remake the Death Egg trilogy, featuring the same locations, characters, only different level designs and a few new environmental features (perhaps new kinds of springs etc.) I would literally jizz in my pants and preorder it on the spot. I don't care how much it is. Playing the Sky Temple levels of Sonic Generations with that epic music almost brought me to tears the first time. I really thought the rest of the game was going to make me feel the same way. It was heart breaking when the newer stuff kicked in and the quality started to go waaaayyyyy down....