A perfect game.

Xombiebubble

Oct 26, 2009
Hey, i just recently dug out my wii-cube to play some metroid prime. starting from scratch, i literally played for hours on end before i noticed how late it was.

For me, a game that can be played for hours and enjoying it the whole way is a perfect game. regardless of how good it looks or how well written it is, if it's fun to play and i want to play more, than it's perfect.
Kinda like Gmod 10 or Mercenaries 1.

anyway, that's my version of a perfect game, what's yours?

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Hey, this thread again...

My 2 requirements for a good game:
1)Good gameplay.
2)Good story.

I can have point 1 without point 2, but not point 2 without point 1. I want to enjoy my game first and foremost; if I can get good story along with good gameplay, that's a damned good game and close enough to perfect as I need.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
MGS4 is the perfect game in my opinion.

I honestly can't think of a single thing wrong with it other than long cutscenes but I didn't really care. The scenes were so good that it didn't bother me.

So something that has great everything that I don't want to stop playing until the end.

WafflesToo

Sep 19, 2007
Depends on my mood mostly, but yes, any game that you are turning it off on a different calander day than you turned it on can definately be called a perfect fit for you.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 do that for me sometimes, and sometimes it's Silent Hunter III or even XCOM: Enemey Unknown.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Animal Crossing with all the character customization of the second and the ability to travel outside of your town from the third.

Xombiebubble

Oct 26, 2009
Yea yea, i know this topic is overused (especially on GameSpot) but i havn't seen one here so thar ya go

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Xombiebubble said:
Yea yea, i know this topic is overused (especially on GameSpot) but i havn't seen one here so thar ya go
It's ok; just make sure to use the search bar next time. To clarify, that's not the bar at the top right that says 'Search the Escapist', but the link on the blue bar underneath that bar that says 'Search Forums'. That'll help avoid repeat threads.

Also, use the Quote button when responding to a specific post. It notifies the poster you're responding to them and helps things from getting confusing.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
So far the closest thing I've played to a perfect game is Red Dead Redemption. A game with an interesting, well written and relevant story, solid mechanics, and a world worth investing time in. That's not to say it is perfect. It has plenty of bugs, as documented by numerous (and hilarious) youtube videos, and a lot of the supporting cast is made up of stereotypes. I doubt my perfect game will ever actually be made.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
There will never be a perfect game. I will always be able to find something wrong with it.

pwnzerstick

Mar 25, 2009
There are games that can be defined as perfect for having no faults, but they are not necesarily the best games, as some games will have some faults, but then make up for them so much, that I enjoy them more than other games that have no faults. For me the game this applies to is Bioshock, as the ending sucked, but everything else was so great that It still became one of my favorite games.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Jim Power in Mutant Planet for the Atari ST is the perfect game.

Why here's a french man reviewing it: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/benzaie/gymdk/4802-jim-power

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
>.< Perfection in a game is imposs-

Xombiebubble said:
..or Mercenaries 1.
[small]I..

Err..

My argument is now invalid <.<

You win.[/small]

Opus Kan

Oct 22, 2008
KOTOR, Jade Empire, and the Mass Effect Series. KOTOR for its story that made me almost forget about how bad the prequels were. Jade Empire for its interesting world and mythology. Then the Mass Effect series for its characters and its pure potential as a franchise.