A pieceof advice I might never forget

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
Insanum said:
A positive attitude may not make you feel any better, but it will piss people off enough to make it worth the effort.
That mien friend is genius. One from Albert Einstein: "Any one can build something meant to kill but it takes a genius to go the other way." Or something along those lines I'll fix it if I come across the real one.

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
Fenreil said:
My Grandpa's advice to me is:
"Early to bed and early to rise makes your girlfriend go out with other guys."

Words to live by...
Why would your girlfriend leave you for going to sleep and waking up slightly early than most other people?
And I can't really think of anything apart from: If you cannot convince them, confuse them.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Samnite said:
"Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end."
I hope you realize that's going to become my motto for life.

OT:

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." - George S. Patton

"There is no good or evil, but thinking makes it so." - William Shakespeare

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." - Assassin's Creed

"Everywhere man blames nature and fate, yet his fate is mostly but the echo of his character and passions, his mistakes and weaknesses." - Democritus

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
oOPolakOo said:
This is one I can't quiet remember were I got from, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"
I don't like that quote myself, it's not useful in many real world situations and it certainly isn't true. You only stab ones eye out if one have done a bad deed. Scare the world into no doing bad deeds and BAM! functioning society (Yes I know these views are far too idealistic).

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
SakSak said:
This one came from my cousin:

"Procrastination is like masturbation: All well and good, but one day you'll wake up and realize that you're just screwing yourself over."

And my lieutenant from military training said this one:

"Excuses are like a**holes: everyone has one and I'm interested in neither"

Both should be pretty self explanatory.
both of yours sound like the should be shared with most people

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
"Stop trying", a friend of mine, on finding someone special. Seems to have worked so far. I randomly started talking to a girl for the hell of it, and now she's my girlfriend.

InsaneLaughter

Mar 11, 2010
enzilewulf said:
Whats the point in revenge? Eventually some one will take vengeance on you then one of your friends will take it out on that guy and so on.
The point of revenge is satisfaction.
Compare it to sex if you will.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Time to post a slue of possibly unrelated things but someone will find some nugget of meaning in them somewhere then say I'm awesome (because I am)

"Records where made to be broken, limits where made to be shattered (especially the speed limit)."

"What can change the nature of a man? Who ever figures that out will take over the world."

"Preach about preaching, it's the easiest thing to practice."

"He who laughs last laughs loudest, echoes are louder when no one else is around."

all these are from me

reaperscythe

Oct 17, 2009
my mottos/advice from my shop teacher is- such is life and lifes a b*tch then you die, just take as many with you as you can
pretty much the whole song of Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) and the part in jurassic park 3 where dr. grant says-
Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions.

also one my great grandpa used to say-he who dreams of tomorrow misses making today a memory for tomorrow...

Ayrav

Dec 12, 2008
Haseo21 said:
I was in one of my classes today, and I over heard a freshman saying something that caught my attention,

He said "Drunk words are sober thoughts"

Has anyone ever said anything that you took to heart and listen too?
That's it? That is the best you've ever taken to heart? Fuck.

Vet2501

Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger
Nov 9, 2009
Never be ashamed, what's done is done and you can't put the piss back in your bladder.

Joshroom

Oct 27, 2009
SakSak said:
This one came from my cousin:

"Procrastination is like masturbation: All well and good, but one day you'll wake up and realize that you're just screwing yourself over."

And my lieutenant from military training said this one:

"Excuses are like a**holes: everyone has one and I'm interested in neither"

Both should be pretty self explanatory.
Man. I'm up at Uni and I wish someone had sat me down and given me this advice before I went. Seriously, no shortage of aholes up here and as for Procrastination well, I am in my first year.

Shaegor

Oct 29, 2009
SteelStallion said:
Wow... you guys get this sentimental when you're drunk? I just jump around, wrap my arm around anything that moves and laugh excessively.
Well then my friend, you are not drunk enough.