A possible conflict between Daedra?

Matthew Valkanov

Jun 8, 2011
innocentEX said:
overpuce said:
drmigit2 said:
So my character is a nightingale and a werewolf at the same time. This means that his soul belongs to two different Daedra at the same time. Anyone want to speculate as to what would happen if something terrible were to happen upon him?
Meh. I think Nocturnal will play rock-paper-dragon
Im pretty sure it would be giant-dovahkiin-dragon
Hmmm... so that would be Giant squishes Dovahkin, Dovahkin slays Dragon, Dragon cooks Giant?

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
When my character dies at around 600+ years old (suck it non mages) assuming I don't find a way to become a god or immortal or something similar I'll have someone perform the ritual to cure Lycanism and using my master thief ninja skillz I'll steal the skeleton key, break my contract with nocturnal, then put it back before the other nightingales know. If they find out I'll just jabberwocky them into rabbits and keep them as pets. If all that doesn't work I'm sure they won't mind a trade of dozens of dragons' souls for my soul.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
F4LL3N said:
I didn't know werewolf's belongs to any Daedra
Hircine. in Morrowind: Bloodmoon, you get more info. basically, Hircine made all the were-things. that what the 'Hunting Grounds' they all talk about are. his Daedric realm.

OT: i guess you could just get Odahviing to take you to
the Sovngarde portal and hang out there.

=Frost=

Oct 6, 2011
The_Blue_Rider said:
So a battle between Hircine, Nocturne, Sithis, Akatosh(Im assuming since im Dragonborn, he'll want me back), and the other like 10 Daedric princes ive essentially pledged my soul to?

Maybe they'll just cut my soul neatly into 17 parts

Fasckira said:
Hircine possibly. I imagine however it'd default to whoever you gave your soul to last though, otherwise people in TES could never reform their choices. Pretty sure for example that Martin in Oblivion mentioned he used to dabble with Daedric worship but then reformed?
I think thats because he turned to worshipping the nine divines, also he was a Dragonborn..

Wait a minute Dragonborn are Aedric souls in a mortal body, I dont think its possible for them to go anywhere except back to Akatosh.

That settles it, the Daedra want mortal souls, the Dragonborn has an immortal soul, I have no idea whether a Daedra would be able to claim that
Defently think that's the best best. One way or another, my Nord Dovahkin will hitch a ride on Akatosh for a good drink in Sovengaard. Yea, he's got style like that :)

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
maturin said:
Ultratwinkie said:
A better question would be a werewolf, nightingale, or Dark Brother.

What happens when Sithis, Nocturnal, and Hircine go at it over a soul?
Sithis isn't a deity or a force that affects souls, so nothing on that end.
Sithis IS the void. When the dark brotherhood kills, the victims soul's are sent to him. As no actual facts are provided, we can only speculate, but since you are able to conjure the soul of lucien lachance to fight for you, (and rufio in oblivion). This to me states that Sithis is granting you the soul to use towards the interests of the dark brotherhood.

Also at the end of the DB chain in oblivion, when Arquen tells the nightmother that the black hand had killed the traitor, lucien lachance, the night mother replied "no lachance was not the traitor, his soul sits in the void, at Sithis' right hand" or something to that effect.

And when you are sent to kill The Jester(can't remember his name} if you summon lucien he will say "I will help you, but know this is not the will of the dread father." As if sithis is speaking through him."

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
Matthew Valkanov said:
innocentEX said:
overpuce said:
Meh. I think Nocturnal will play rock-paper-dragon
Im pretty sure it would be giant-dovahkiin-dragon
Hmmm... so that would be Giant squishes Dovahkin, Dovahkin slays Dragon, Dragon cooks Giant?
No it would be Dovahkiin kills giant and dragon because he invested perks into enchanting and smithing.

Emperor Nat

Jun 15, 2011
Judging by the various Daedric quests in Oblivion and Morrowind (can't speak for Skyrim, haven't had the pleasure of playing it yet) Daedra don't really give a damn about who random adventurers work for, provided they're not on the recieving end of the act.

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
I have a feeling that Beth is going to pull a fast one like they did with Oblivion, in essence, the only questline that will actually have involved Dovahkiin will be the Alduin one, the rest will have been completed by some random schmuck.
So I think Dovahkiin will be heading to Sovngarde, and some random guy will be taken instead.
It does make sense, because in the current format you have a recipe for deistic war, much like Oblivion had before the retcon.
And then there's the whole thing about Dovahkiin being a reincarnation of Shor/Shezarine/Ysmir/Talos. Who knows what that could mean in the future.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
That is a conundrum. Especially given my character pledged is allegiance to every daedra who offered him a shiny artefact. What can I say I'm a daedra whore :p

robert022614

meeeoooow
Dec 1, 2009
little did all the daedra know the soul I pledged to them I jacked from some frost dragon bua ha haaa.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
So I belong to Nocturnal and Hircine, I'm a servant of Sithis AND I'm a champion of like seven other immortal beings?

Sigh... I wish Shivering Isles was in Skyrim so I could just BECOME a Daedra. Sheogorath is too erratic for the others to get their smelly hands on, he'll just turn them into a chicken.

Dec 14, 2009
I avoid complications like this by playing my characters very straight laced.

My Thief will only be a member of the Thieves Guild/Nightingale, it doesn't make sense that she'd be part of the Mage's Guild, The Dark Brotherhood or The Companions.

Same with my Warrior (the Companions) and Mage (Winterhold College).

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Do you really think that Akatosh would allow something bad to happen to his chosen one? If anything he get's the soul. And if any Daedra want to fight over that well we all know what happened when Mehrunes Dagon tried taking the DRAGON GOD OF MOTHERFUCKING TIME on.

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
miketehmage said:
Sithis IS the void.
You say that like you know what the void is. The only void in ES lore is the void of Oblivion, which is quite different.

Sithis is a merish philosophical construct referring to Padomay. The Dark Brotherhood, led by the Night Mother (who could be and probably is any number of things), appropriated this belief and misconstrued it into a deity, morphing it into Lorkhan (as the actual deity who brought death to the cosmos through the idea of mortal creation) in the process.

When the dark brotherhood kills, the victims soul's are sent to him.
And people think souls go to Aetherius to be happy forever, when in reality they just swing through on their way back to amnesiac reincarnation.

Souls are cheap. You don't have to as powerful as a daedra to use them as tools.

Also at the end of the DB chain in oblivion, when Arquen tells the nightmother that the black hand had killed the traitor, lucien lachance, the night mother replied "no lachance was not the traitor, his soul sits in the void, at Sithis' right hand" or something to that effect.
So they void has hands now? And a gender? It's cult jargon.

magma

Jul 21, 2010
The_Blue_Rider said:
So a battle between Hircine, Nocturne, Sithis, Akatosh(Im assuming since im Dragonborn, he'll want me back), and the other like 10 Daedric princes ive essentially pledged my soul to?

Maybe they'll just cut my soul neatly into 17 parts

Fasckira said:
Hircine possibly. I imagine however it'd default to whoever you gave your soul to last though, otherwise people in TES could never reform their choices. Pretty sure for example that Martin in Oblivion mentioned he used to dabble with Daedric worship but then reformed?
I think thats because he turned to worshipping the nine divines, also he was a Dragonborn..

Wait a minute Dragonborn are Aedric souls in a mortal body, I dont think its possible for them to go anywhere except back to Akatosh.

That settles it, the Daedra want mortal souls, the Dragonborn has an immortal soul, I have no idea whether a Daedra would be able to claim that
I was also thinking that the Daedra would destroy your soul in trying to divide it evenly, until I remembered the whole Dragonborn thing. Your dragon soul would revive in the mortal realm like the dragons (unless killed by another Dragonborn in which your soul would be devoured) never allowing you to visit the Divines/Daedra in their realms.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
A better question would be a werewolf, nightingale, or Dark Brother.

What happens when Sithis, Nocturnal, and Hircine go at it over a soul?
I'm all of those things and the champion of Boethiah. Oh, Akatosh...

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
NEW QUEST ADDED:
No Gods, No Masters:
o Promise your soul to as many different gods and afterlives as possible.
o (Optional) Find a way to soul trap yourself
o Get killed
o Watch the fireworks

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Pfft...

Be a servant of Hircine or Nocturnal? As if.

I'm the Champion of Hermaeus Mora, Prince of lost secrets, Demon of Knowledge.

Why should I follow those that are incapable of knowing the real truths of the world?