Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
American Tanker said:
Drathnoxis said:
Signatures? Not a chance.
What's wrong with forum signatures?
Here are some tanks for your inevitable tank signature.

https://tinyurl.com/y7hhvnoc

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
American Tanker said:
Drathnoxis said:
They are a pointless waste of space at best and a horrendous eyesore at worst. They clog up the discussion with pointless unrelated filler that nobody will read after every post. They add nothing to a discussion, nor do they facilitate discussion in any way. It's just clutter.
[link=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=3877605dbd4368721f73c995a0c4d80b&topic=170565.0]
A random example after a couple minutes of searching[/link]. There is more text in the signatures of this thread than there are in the actual posts.

No forum signatures is one of the Escapists best features.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Drathnoxis said:
American Tanker said:
Drathnoxis said:
They are a pointless waste of space at best and a horrendous eyesore at worst. They clog up the discussion with pointless unrelated filler that nobody will read after every post. They add nothing to a discussion, nor do they facilitate discussion in any way. It's just clutter.
[link=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=3877605dbd4368721f73c995a0c4d80b&topic=170565.0]
A random example after a couple minutes of searching[/link]. There is more text in the signatures of this thread than there are in the actual posts.

Signatures are fine as long as displaying them is a clearly marked option on the user control, and not a universal rule.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Nile McMorrow said:
I'd definitely check it out.
Added.

chozo_hybrid said:
Me too, just kind of curious about it. Can't promise I'd be super active if I joined, used to be reasonably active here until things started to die off.

Only come here now and then out of habit, that and the escapist is still one of my home pages. Part of me doesn't want to remove it. It'd be like deleting this 9 year part of my life in a strange way.
Added.

Drathnoxis said:
All signatures can be easily disabled in the User CP. In any case, as per rules, signatures have to be reasonably sized and I'm seriously thinking about just flat out banning nudity for all profile elements, as just because you're on my site doesn't mean you want to see anime tiddies.

You can even make it to where certain sub-forums won't show up in the recent topics list, although I don't recommend that.

Johnny Novgorod said:
All this drama over the forum equivalent of a dumpster fire.
There is no drama here unless you brought it with you.

-

Alright everyone. That should make 5 people, not including me. I need 2 more before launch.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Elijin said:
Here are some tanks for your inevitable tank signature.
Nope.

I was thinking I'd have an M4 Sherman, an M26 Pershing, an M60 Patton and an M1 Abrams arranged similar to those "Evolution of Man" images.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
American Tanker said:
I was thinking I'd have an M4 Sherman, an M26 Pershing, an M60 Patton and an M1 Abrams arranged similar to those "Evolution of Man" images.
Again, remember to keep signatures reasonably sized.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Arnoxthe1 said:
American Tanker said:
*tanks snipped*
Again, remember to keep signatures reasonably sized.
Maybe just have top-down silhouette images of them, front faced towards the bottom of the image, with a handful of pixels separating each tank.

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
So are all you WW people going to move over there and stop posting here?

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
intosanctuary.com

The site is up. Escapist seems to be going through a lot of errors right now.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Arnoxthe1 said:

Besides on here, do I know you turds?
Well, it's like Breakfast said, you're not the first user to become...disillusioned, for lack of a better term, by this site's condition and make your own site. Although admittedly, you've put way more time and effort into this than the last splinter site, so I do suspect this might be more active.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Sassafrass said:
Well, it's like Breakfast said, you're not the first user to become...disillusioned, for lack of a better term, by this site's condition and make your own site. Although admittedly, you've put way more time and effort into this than the last splinter site, so I do suspect this might be more active.
Not if you people don't come in here and post already. We already got some members but most of them seem content on just sitting around and watching me post.

I should say though, I'm not all that disillusioned per se. I don't really have any ill will against the site team. I also made this site LONG before any of this happened. Since I saw a bunch of people incredibly dissatisfied with the WW being taken out though, I decided to help out and get my site back up and running so people would have a place to go.