A public beating... against a child

dead.juice

Jul 1, 2011
WOPR said:
dead.juice said:
It's a good thing for the kid's sake that Asians hit like complete pussies
Bruce Lee just turned in his grave... way to go...
No, no more.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/masonry/000/211/401/burnsu.jpg?1322873514
He, and Jackie Chan, and all of them know martial arts, i.e. they follow a discipline. Of kicking ass.
Of course they don't hit like pussies.

Fleischer

Jan 8, 2011
OT: I have seen things a shade of what is displayed there, but nothing to that sad extreme. This summer, I was the summer program coordinator for a refugee school. One of the boys was very hyper, a classic ADHD case. When he would run out of the classes, I would often find him in the computer lab, annoying people. His cousins would put him in headlocks and call him stupid. They didn't case that he had problems controlling his impulses. The truth of the matter is the boy is above average in most academic areas, but they didn't see much point in nurturing him. It was easier to verbally abuse him.

From what little sense I can draw from this clip, I gather he stole something. Like others have noted, a child can barely understand what property dictates. Beating a child for stealing is completely out of line. :|

Akyho said:
She was raped and murder(sic) in daylight.
FYI: the attack happened around 4am.

Axyun

Oct 31, 2011
It's horrifying but it doesn't surprise me when apparently in China, [a ref=http://www.whatsondalian.com/news-1956-chinese-driver-hits-5yo-boy-runs-over-him-again-to-avoid-hospital-bills.html]it is cheaper to make sure your car accident victim is dead than alive[/a].

There are a bevy of social and political agendas that pressure the Chinese into this level of apathy.

StereoMike

Jul 13, 2010
Razada said:
Two, are you 100% certain that the kid was white? I mean, you get some very pale Chinese people plus the light quality was not exactly amazing. And the kid did have a bit of an Asian look to him, just saying.
This.

The kind of stuff seen in that video is awful, and wrong no matter what the case, but the title of this video was created to get a specific reaction out of people. "Look at these racist chinese assholes, beating this poor white child!"

This kind of stuff happens a lot on the internet. The last one I can remember is the "Epic Beard Man" video where this older guy was considered a hero for beating up a younger guy that started a fight with him. Except that the reality of the situation was that the two of them were roughly the same age, Epic Beard Man was twice the other guy's size, and had been making some pretty racist comments that the other guy took offence to. But people saw the video title which said "OLD GUY DEFENDS HIMSELF AGAINST YOUNG PUNK" or something like that and immediately sided with the huge white guy over the smaller black guy.

Media literacy hasn't really made it's way to the internet though, so it's understandable that a lot of people are manipulated by this kind of thing.

Slaanesh

Aug 1, 2011
No no no, these people are doing it all wrong! You must tell the child why stealing is wrong and how it hurts the person you are stealing from.
Place an object he wants on a pedestal. Leave him alone with the object. Don't mention the pedestal is a cleverly disguised bear trap.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
BiscuitTrouser said:
this isnt my name said:
THE FUCK.Lynching we need to bring it back NOW. The fuck... I jsut... Fuck those people, fuck the bystander effect, say what the fuck you want, no excuse. The fucking hell is wrong with people, christ. Now I need something to cheer me up, but after reading that, dont think I have a counter. I hate the -10 faith in humanity bullshit. But this has infact made me loose faith in humanity.. Fucking hell. Seriously ust kill them, even the onlookers, fucking scumthe lot of them, fucking assholes.
I wish i didnt live in a world where i would read this. A torrent of hatred and rage. AND AGREE. DEAR FUCKING GOD. This isnt bad. This isnt horrific. THIS IS FUCKING TENTH CIRCLE OF HELL ETERNAL DAMNATION BAD. NO AMOUNT OF suffering is enough. NONE. A thousand boiling needles to the eye isnt enough pain for these people to know enough suffering for what they have done. Im disgusted, physically disgusted. I feel sick. I really do. These are not people. These are not animals. These are human filth. Human fecaes. They should be killed without mercy like the scum they are.

SpaceBat said:
I seriously cannot find the words to describe just how horrifyingly disgusting that is.
Holy mother of god I fucking hate people so much.
You and me both. I hate THESE people. Fuck losing faith in humanity. Fuck losing faith in normal people like YOU and ME and the dude i quoted above who are regular normal non filth people, lets just fucking execute these THINGS like they deserve and call it a day, i refuse to be branded by any brand that they have also, i refuse to hate the common man, i refuse to hate anyone i see in the street, i will hate, and soley hate THESE people. And any i hear of doing similar things. With a hatred so strong it will create a circle of hell just for them just by the reverberation of my burning fury through the aether.

Maybe if we gather enough we can finally get some justice in the world and make it so these people pay dearly for what they did.
Holy crap, are you serious. Did you READ what the first guy said? Lynching? Fucking LYNCHING? And you AGREED? God damn, yes the people in the video are bad for participating/not helping but the amount of hate in this thread is equally disgusting.

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
Zen Toombs said:
Sadly, this is type of thing happens. Ignoring potential racism, the more people who are in an area, the less likely that a single person will take action. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect] The thought is that "it's not my business", or that "someone else will take care of it.

Sad but true. However, knowledge of this property of human nature tends to lessen its impact, so learning is half the battle! :p
Also the likelihood of getting sued for medical costs due to a lack of good samaritan laws.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
The7Sins said:
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
The7Sins said:
Well the kid supposedly was a thief. If so IMO they did not beat him enough. They should have continued to knocked out or just go the Vegas route and cut off one of his hands. Basically scar him for life and make him remember to never ever ever steal.
Are you sure that's all that happens when you physically "educate" a child though? Maybe he wouldn't steal again(and I mean "maybe"), but it's pretty fucking dumb to think that the effects end there.

I don't think children can handle beatings, period. I also think there's something perverse about adults that are willing to dole out beatings to children.
I would not care what the extra side effects would be. If it caused him to not steal again then it was for the good. Being emotionally or physically scarred for life is merely part of the consequences the punishment for theft would bring.
If I'm doing something, I like to aim for an optimal outcome...that's just me.

The idea that hitting kids can fuck them up, isn't exactly wacky and unsubstantiated. You're not only warping them in abstract and intangible ways, you're also teaching them that hitting is how issues are resolved.

When the kid frustrates you and you snap and decide that smacking the undeveloped(mentally and physically)person is the way to go, your body gives you a nice chemical reward for getting rid of that aggression. That reward makes you more likely to be aggressive the next time something ticks you off...slippery slope from there.

It really is in societies best interests to keep the aggression contained.
Holding in aggression only leads to bigger explosions of rage and or other stress related illnesses. Plus sometimes kids are THAT fucking annoying that you just have to pop'em one because they aren't smart enough for reason so the pop teaches them instantly not to do whatever they did.

OT

Where in the fuck are the kid's parents.

Insanity72

Feb 14, 2011
Random berk said:
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh3BI4708zS3J35O86
I've just been shown this video on Facebook by a friend of mine and... I don't know what to say. What the hell? What did this kid do to deserve this? How can so many people be standing by and watching as this goes on? And are these just normal Chinese people, or has the Chinee government been breeding and releasing some kind of humanoid monster onto the streets? To any escapists who already know of this, what the hell happened here?
If you think that's bad, there was a story not to long ago about a chinese girl who got ran over by a small truck, blood everywhere and people just walked past her. Then another one came and ran right over her again, still people did nothing. Then when it finally looks like someone is helping, he just tosses her aside until her mother found her.

She died of her injuries in hospital a day or so later and the 2 men driving were arrested.

Condemned

Feb 2, 2011
Bah, this makes me sick. Bunch of primitive scum. I shall stop talking now before I start spouting vulgar racial terms I don't want to be associated with.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
BiscuitTrouser said:
Daystar Clarion said:
You assume that a culture with the least amount of suffering is the 'right' one.

I agree with you, what you've stated makes perfect sense to me, but good and evil are purely subjective ideals. I think it's absolutely fucking stupid that cultures exist that would treat someone that way, but does that mean they're wrong?
Its less a question of which societies are right or wrong and more of evidence. Brutal, harsher societies die while more caring ones succeed, it may sound horribly emotionless but to get a purely logical view of right and wrong you have to view it by what is best for society, and its proven fact that societies with less suffering thrive (ancient rome) while those that are cannibalistic and harsh tend to fall (aztec nations). One was intelligent, a bastion of knowledge and technology, of thinkers and science. And one sacrificed hearts and skulls to a blood thirsty god. Its not hard to see the evidence racked up here and there.
You know, what with Rome engaging in warfare on unprecedented scales at the time, and their bloody and decadent passtimes. That peace and prosperity was built on war and violence. The Aztecs also had artistic and sculptural practices, and constructed great pyramids without draft animals- like most great cultures, there was alot going on.

I mean, if this is China and part of it's cultural identity, then it may be part of traditions going back thousands of years. Beating thieves of any age, I mean.

Or maybe just kids, I dunno.

Not the best examples of peaceful cultures ve. aggressive cultures, in my opinion- but an interesting point, nonetheless. I'll dwell on some possible examples.

But Aztecs did seem to have liked to kill folks in ceremonies, I'll give you that!

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
I don't think it matters that other incidents of this nature have occurred. It makes this one no less abhorrent and the people involved no more humane. This is the reason we have superheros. The idea that justice would, and for other reasons ought to, be served cold doesn't sit well with most people. Wouldn't it be the greatest if someone twice the size of the attackers walked into the picture and taught them some empathy?

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
A Pious Cultist said:
Zen Toombs said:
Sadly, this is type of thing happens. Ignoring potential racism, the more people who are in an area, the less likely that a single person will take action. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect] The thought is that "it's not my business", or that "someone else will take care of it.

Sad but true. However, knowledge of this property of human nature tends to lessen its impact, so learning is half the battle! :p
Also the likelihood of getting sued for medical costs due to a lack of good samaritan laws.
Erm, with all due respect, how does that relate to what I said or the original topic of discussion?

Now to kinda sorta add something to this thread....

Vareoth said:
Bah, this makes me sick. Bunch of primitive scum. I shall stop talking now before I start spouting vulgar racial terms I don't want to be associated with.
[Emphasis Added]
Erm, what does the race of the people doing this horrific action have to do with the situation? Whites/blacks/yellows/reds/purples/browns/magentas all have a history of violence, not just the Chinese [if I recall correctly the country the video was set in].

Also, calling them "primitive scum"? Really? Yes, they are doing something horrific, but even the most "civilized" of people can move towards chaos and violence.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Agayek said:
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Yeah but, in order for that theory to apply it has to be something minor, like someone getting their bag stolen off them; or there has to be a level of ambiguity, as in "Is that homeless guy seriously hurt or is he just sleeping?" Not when some poor kid is getting the shit ripped out of them in the middle of the street. I can almost see the mentality of not intervening for fear of getting hurt yourself, but to not even call the police? To just stand by and watch like its a sport or something? That has no excuse.
It's a well documented mentality called the Bystander Effect. The more people that are present to witness something like this, the less they, as an individual, care about the event in question. The basics of the psychology behind it is that we assume someone else will take care of it and so we don't get involved. It's an evolved trait that developed out of the sense of self-preservation/selfishness that pervades most of the more primal human desires. Essentially, "This is wrong, but I'm not involved, and there's some other guy over there who can take care of it".
The Bystander effect doesn't make you point and laugh though.

Even if that was the case, in my opinion the Bystander effect is an explanation, not a justification.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Gatx said:
BiscuitTrouser said:
this isnt my name said:
THE FUCK.Lynching we need to bring it back NOW. The fuck... I jsut... Fuck those people, fuck the bystander effect, say what the fuck you want, no excuse. The fucking hell is wrong with people, christ. Now I need something to cheer me up, but after reading that, dont think I have a counter. I hate the -10 faith in humanity bullshit. But this has infact made me loose faith in humanity.. Fucking hell. Seriously ust kill them, even the onlookers, fucking scumthe lot of them, fucking assholes.
I wish i didnt live in a world where i would read this. A torrent of hatred and rage. AND AGREE. DEAR FUCKING GOD. This isnt bad. This isnt horrific. THIS IS FUCKING TENTH CIRCLE OF HELL ETERNAL DAMNATION BAD. NO AMOUNT OF suffering is enough. NONE. A thousand boiling needles to the eye isnt enough pain for these people to know enough suffering for what they have done. Im disgusted, physically disgusted. I feel sick. I really do. These are not people. These are not animals. These are human filth. Human fecaes. They should be killed without mercy like the scum they are.

SpaceBat said:
I seriously cannot find the words to describe just how horrifyingly disgusting that is.
Holy mother of god I fucking hate people so much.
You and me both. I hate THESE people. Fuck losing faith in humanity. Fuck losing faith in normal people like YOU and ME and the dude i quoted above who are regular normal non filth people, lets just fucking execute these THINGS like they deserve and call it a day, i refuse to be branded by any brand that they have also, i refuse to hate the common man, i refuse to hate anyone i see in the street, i will hate, and soley hate THESE people. And any i hear of doing similar things. With a hatred so strong it will create a circle of hell just for them just by the reverberation of my burning fury through the aether.

Maybe if we gather enough we can finally get some justice in the world and make it so these people pay dearly for what they did.
Holy crap, are you serious. Did you READ what the first guy said? Lynching? Fucking LYNCHING? And you AGREED? God damn, yes the people in the video are bad for participating/not helping but the amount of hate in this thread is equally disgusting.
I might not agree with the definition of acutally lynching them without trial. Kinda racial tones there. But i agree they should die, with a trial of course, but from the evidence ive seen its wrong for these things to ever be allowed back into society again. They surrendered the right to be called humans when the commited such a vile atrocity. Id rather you didnt compare my rage for some animalistic rapists with the animalistic rapists. We are not talking about that video. This is the one where that girl was gang raped and everyone watched, some people even laughed and cheered on the rapists, this happened in a highschool.

I was more agreeing with all of it after that line. Lynching without trial is wrong. But we would never let a savage dog get away. And we would most certainly put it down.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
I could only watch 5 seconds of that video. In all honesty I'd give anything to be in that area with a clawhammer.

I seriously dislike Chinese culture, it's sickening, and I'm sorry if that's offensive but I'm basing that purely on experience, I won't say the Chinese people I've met are fine either, because they weren't. Someone remind them which bloody century we're in.