A Purrfect Thief Becomes Playable in Arkham City

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
trollnystan said:
Am I the only one who the picture in this article isn't working for?

Game sounds like fun. Curse my empty wallet!
Nope, it's broken.

Damnit, I'm sure the picture made the article thrice as good!
But still... rawr.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
HankMan said:
I got a good feline about this >)
Let's just hope this section of the game won't hanged by it whiskers.
Cat's enough of that, should probably give paws to the puns before the mods get furious.

(Sorry)

I wonder if Joker (if he ever gets back on his feet, part of the central game or not) will get his own bits too. Maybe the Arkham series can become "Batman and friends: skill and shadow" Clayface might do well played Hitman style, Scarecrow (if he lived) could use his drugs in place of gadgets for sneaking, and Harley might be a giggling copy of catwoman. Can't see things working out for Penguin, though, in fighting or stealth.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
HankMan said:
I got a good feline about this >)
As do I: I've always wanted to go on a pussy patrol of Arkham City.

[sub][sub]Did... did I do it right...?[/sub][/sub]

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
John Funk said:
From the sound of it, the Catwoman gameplay is more technical than Batman's. She doesn't have as many gadgets... she's more suited to stealth than the Dark Knight... players who slip into the catsuit will need to be stealthy and smart
Sweet. Can I play the whole game as Catwoman then? (I know I can't, but a man can wistfully consider.) Stealth was the best thing in Arkham Asylum.

Dafttechno

May 19, 2010
GameSpot has a trailer featuring Catwoman, and damn is it awesome. http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6316489/batman-arkham-city-updated-hands-on-preview

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Guys, just saw the trailer on Gamespot and I gotta say, if you are ever going to get beaten up by a girl, it might as well be Selina. Check out the trailer and see why.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Damn, looks to be a pretty good game. :D Looking very forward to it. Loved Arkham Asylum SO much. :D

anian

Sep 10, 2008
Are the Selina sections instead of Scarecrow sections in AA or is there gonna be some kind of "completly different" gameplay (because it was basically turned into a platformer in those parts) sections in AC as well, that's what I'm wondering.

The characters seem to be less rigid, they say detective mode won't be turned on all the time (I had it on for like 70% of the time in AA)...looks like they're hearing the fans and making a really good game even better in the sequel. Not much more you could want from them.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Looking good. The video from Gamespot made it look even cooler. Hopefully it'll be tons of fun to play.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
LaughingAtlas said:
Scarecrow (if he lived)
Yep, after the credits, you see Scarecrow's hand reach up out of the bay and grab a case of the Toxin that was floating by as Batman is flying off in the Batwing. I don't think any characters died except Frank Boles the guard. (I just beat it again this week.) Although, Scarecrow is assumed dead until the final cutscene.

I think this sounds great. I wonder if the Riddler will make an appearance this time around as an adversary since you are gonna be looking for cats instead of Riddler puzzles. I am mostly just hoping Mr. Freeze is in it.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Wow, just watching that video makes me want to get AA again and play through it :D

anian

Sep 10, 2008
Savagezion said:
LaughingAtlas said:
Scarecrow (if he lived)
Yep, after the credits, you see Scarecrow's hand reach up out of the bay and grab a case of the Toxin that was floating by as Batman is flying off in the Batwing. I don't think any characters died except Frank Boles the guard. (I just beat it again this week.) Although, Scarecrow is assumed dead until the final cutscene.

I think this sounds great. I wonder if the Riddler will make an appearance this time around as an adversary since you are gonna be looking for cats instead of Riddler puzzles. I am mostly just hoping Mr. Freeze is in it.
If you're gonna guess like that, might as well put Robin (or actually Nightwing, voiced by Neil Patrick Harris) in for good measure. ;) And doesn't Riddler get arrested if you complete the challenges?

Btw Scarecrow reaches out from the bay in only 1 of 3 endings, there's also Killer croc (which I got) and Bane...so any of those 3 could appear.

Oct 30, 2010
Makes me wonder if other Bat Family heroes will at least get cameos.

I would love even the ability to re-skin Batman as Nightwing or Tim or Cass Cain etc. even if they didn't have new animations or movesets.

Crazy_Bird

Oct 21, 2009
Am I the only one who is a little pissed that she is basically the typical sidekick.
You know like Robin/ Nightwing but nobody tries to make that work? Not a little bit of effort?

And the trailer is ridiculously sexual and over the top. I am almost shocked and I am not even prude in general.