A Question for Men...

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
i listen to some unmanly music (but she plays with language, and a good part of her songs are humorous, so why wouldn't i listen to her?)

there are two or three romantic comedies i like

and... and... i don't know, that's all i can think of now ^^

Turkey Braveheart

Apr 15, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
A simple question for all the manly-men at The Escapist... What is the most unmanly thing you do? What is the one thing that you love that completely defies the stereotypical manly way of life?

I'll start... I love romance movies, (especially sad ones), and watch Lucky Star...

EDIT: Just to be fair, if you're a women then post things you do that are portrayed as "Manly"...
Like...

I don't know...

...watch Monster Truck Rallies

...and NASCAR
Baking, I love baking and cooking. Creme brulee and Risoto. Aside from that, I'm a gym loving movie-geek.

Mr Fatherland

Nov 10, 2008
floppylobster said:
I refuse to kill. Anything. Even mosquitoes get a ride out of the house in a glass with me. (Yet I eat meat and I'm not a Vegan).
Pretty much this, however it's strange. If I went hunting and had a deer in my sights I could pull the trigger no problem. I wouldn't mind killing a human if he say, killed my 4 year old sister. But if I'm walking down the street and there's a colony of ants I'll step right over them. Furthermore, if I see an earthworm stranded on the pavement I'll pick him up and place him in the closest grassy area.

Yup, I'm a regular paragon.

EDIT: I was curious as to what this carmelldansen thing was and clicked on it. Never again.

EDIT EDIT: I cried when Flynn died in the Dragonlance Chronicles.

Elvoret

Mar 3, 2011
Let me see.

I like to cook. Not manly things like steak and immense piles of meat though.
Uhh... I find sports boring?

I'm veering into steriotype here.

Jessta

Feb 8, 2011
hmmmm lets see I probably do allot...
I refuse to settle things through physical violence and insist on using diplomatic means... Not so much because I can't more because I don't trust physical means, they are sloppy and don't get the job done. I don't do sports but I do partake in some academic competitions and video games. (I also work out for appearance not physical strength, well some of it is for speed.)
I like to speak my mind and express how I feel at the moment which is generally something thats considered unmanly
I also drink what is referred to as '***** beer'
I read/watch anime, manga, books, and movies which are made to target a female audience, such as Card Captor Sakura, Tsubasa, Tamora pierce, and uptown girls.
I wear flashy clothing, such as black jeans and a red button up shirt even in non formal situations. (No jewelry, more because I find it to much of a hassle than because I find it unmanly)
I eat and drink foods that could be considered girlish, such as when we're done with work the other guys get things like black coffee and I get a strawberry latte.
my bathroom habits are also kind of girlish generally spending about 20 minutes to an hour every day on things such as acne medicine, shaving, brushing, flossing, rinsing my teeth with mouth wash, washing my hair with conditioner shampoo and scrubing myself down with soap, using deodorant, practicing facial expressions, singing in the shower the whole thing. Of course I realize most of the time this is proper hygiene but where I live most people only shower every other day and use shampoo once a week so you can see where I'm coming from.
I'm also not afraid to complain, I see allot of guys that just kind of back down when someone takes advantage of em but I'm more like the girls around here and complain if I get the crap end of the stick.
lets see, I also am no stranger to the lost art of flattery which around here you almost never see a guy give anyone a compliment, always putting others down in order to make themselves feel big. I don't partake in this rather preferring to support others than make myself the center of attention. heh, I'm not proud.
I also have a rather strong opinion for all forms of life which is a helluva lot closer to the girls around here than the guys who seriously kill animals just to prove they can, that kind of shit I am willing to resort to physical violence over.

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
Casual Shinji said:
I pee sitting down.

Not very manly, I know, but the convenience of a toilet is that you can sit on it, so by God I'm gonna sit on it.
Yep, sometimes I just can't be arsed to stand up for a piss. If I'm somewhere like a pub though, no way.....cold seats and other peoples urine just can't be sat on!

Datty

Jul 26, 2009
I'm obsessed with my hair. But it's so damn beatiful!

In addition, my best friend is a girl. She's kind of hot, but I do not see her in that way. For me she's the person I can always count on, the person I can always talk to about everything ecc. My other friends(male) think that's gay. Oh, well, maybe they're just jealous of my hair!