A question for the guys . Baths : Yay or Nay?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
So random question for the guys of the escapists . Do you guys take Baths? Not Showers , but Baths . Maybe with bubbles , maybe without .I ask this because i personally know many women who love to take baths . But not a single guy who does . So i bring the question to you guys of the escapists.

As for me i HATE taking a bath . But i dislike water in the first place . I take showers purely for hygienic purposes , but dread ever moment of it . So a bath is a big no no for me .

Your turn

San Martin

Jun 21, 2013
No thanks, it seems a bit counterproductive to try to wash myself in my own filth. Ok, that's an exaggeration perhaps, but I agree, I don't at all feel comfortable in a bath and the last time I took one was years ago.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
krazykidd said:
I take showers
That's it - we're not friends any more. I don't associate with water fanboys.

:p

OT: I don't take baths. Never really had a bath until way later in my life at which point I couldn't see the appeal. Shower 4 life, yo!

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
I used to have baths all the time, but that was only because the shower was broken.

Since it's been fixed I haven't had a single bath. It's quicker to shower, so what's the point?p

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Since I am too tall for our bath, I take showers. I used to take baths back when we lived in a place with a good sized tub, though. They can be very relaxing.

Dec 14, 2009
Baths take too long to prepare and use an ungodly amount of water, plus you know, the stewing in your own filth part.

Baths are great when you have muscles pains or you just really need to relax, other than that, a shower every time.

Shpongled

Apr 21, 2010
Once every few years, after a hard day at work, i think "Hey, you know what'd be awesome? A nice warm bath and a cold beer!"

So i run the bath, get it to a nice temperature, climb in, settle down, and think "Ah this is nice... what now?" Everythings wet and i'm too clumsy to risk reading a book or playing a game or something, so... A few minutes later i get bored enough to remember why i never take baths.

So no, i don't really take baths, every now and then i forget the reasons and give it a go, but really the idea of lying in my bathroom without entertainment does not really appeal.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
If I just want to relax and/or sooth any aches and pains I may have, then sure.

Not a regular occurrence though, just takes too long.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Why not?
I love baths ... not for hygienic purposes but more for relaxation.
Floating/sitting in a tub full of water is pretty relaxing for me.

For hygiene I just take a shower, but in a bath I can let my mind wonder off.
Although I haven't taken one in ages.

... hopefully soon I shall move to a place with a bath. :D

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
krazykidd said:
Your turn
Showers. For one thing, you try settling down for a relaxing soak when you live with two other people and only have one bathroom.

People gotta piss, it's not fair to deny them that just so you can lie about in warm water.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Shower! Bath seems like a waste of water. I know some people share the same bathtub water with their whole family, but it seems icky to me.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I have baths around once or twice a week (usually when I'm very dirty from gardening or have just done a lot of exercise). I definitely prefer them to showers but they're a bit inconvenient to prepare.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
When I was but a wee sprout I took baths all the time, typically with one or more stuffed animals. Not no more though. The baths, I mean.

I just enjoy the feeling of rinsing way more than soaking.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I rarely bath, it takes longer and getting out of a bath takes more willpower than I can muster a lot of the time. That said, they're pretty good after a festival or something, but I'd rather have a quick shower then lounge on the sofa.

VonKlaw

Jan 30, 2012
I quite enjoy a bath if I'm not actually that dirty, especially if the water is nice and cold. If I'm really dirty though, it's gotta be a shower.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
I very rarely have a bath, never have the time for it. It's relaxing, but never any time or privacy that is required for one.

Shower most days for hygeine reasons thuogh.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Seeing how I don't have a shower in this house, I do take bath and I LOVE IT! That is if the water is the right temperature (I prefer hot that other people don't have but not too hot that it hurt/ burn my skin)! Taking bath is probably rank second compared to liking to having a good sleep.