A question for the guys . Baths : Yay or Nay?

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
If I am feeling sick I will sometimes take a bath or multiple baths, as it makes me feel better. Otherwise I rarely do take baths. When I do take a bath I rinse off with a shower afterwards.

Cannibal Johnson

Dec 29, 2011
When I need to clean my self, I'll take a shower 'cause its more convenient and quick. But if its really hot or I'm tired/sore I'll take a cold/hot bath and just sit there for a half hour or so, and fuck yea I use bubbles.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I am too large to fit comfortably in my bathtub. I don't really have a choice in the matter, but I like showers anyways.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Very rarely, but I love it when I do. With some eucalyptus thing in it or something. And while reading a book or whatever. I usually shower, but rare baths are awesome for relaxation every now and then. Plus, in the summer now, I can use cooler water to relax in from the heat of the day.

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
I take baths when I need to soak my body due to pain. Like after a day of playing 2-3 soccer games (60 min adult league games, true, but still tough on the body) or a day of intense physical labour. (like 8 hours of bagging sand in an unshaded lot. Sounds like it's simple, and it is - but it's filling a 60lb sand bag with sand, then lifting it with one hand while spinning it with the other, then twisting a metal twist-tie around it, and carrying it to a pile where you're staking it in a particular order. Lots of different muscle groups being used, some of which aren't used regularly.)

Otherwise, it's shower all the way. Long showers sometimes, but showers.

Oct 2, 2012
I'm too large to fit in any bathtub I've come across. So shower by necessity.
Plus I like to get in and get out quickly so I guess even if I did have a good sized tub I;d probably shower anyway.

redmoretrout

Oct 27, 2011
Nope, not since I was like 10. I couldn't really tell you why, probably has something to do with baths being more time consuming than showers.

Norithics

Jul 4, 2013
Baths are the best! I like to take boiling hot ones with bath salts and let my iPad play a podcast while I'm taking one. It's a great escape from the stresses of the day.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
I haven't taken a bath in over 15 years, not counting swimming in a pool. It was only 10 years ago that I last was in a pool.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Well, I don't mind taking a bath. I think it's kinda nice to turn on some music and just relax in the tub, almost drifting off to sleep. But I rarely take baths, mostly because I feel like it takes too long. So I prefer taking a shower.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
I only take showers. It's quicker, more vigorous, more economic, and allows me to scrub well.
I dislike partaking in baths. Except in bloodbaths.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
I sometimes take a bath when I'm really stressed out or tired, but mostly it's just showers.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
San Martin said:
No thanks, it seems a bit counterproductive to try to wash myself in my own filth. Ok, that's an exaggeration perhaps, but I agree, I don't at all feel comfortable in a bath and the last time I took one was years ago.
You could always go the Japanese route: wash yourself, and THEN get in the bath.

Mar 30, 2010
Showers all the way. I don't see the point in baths, given that all you're doing is sitting around in a puddle of the very stuff you're trying to clean off.

Sofus

Apr 15, 2011
Bathtubs are way to time consuming if you ask me. I also have this idea that in a bathtub you're just soaking in your own filth. Besides, a shower takes me 5-10 minutes and when that is converted to a bathtub, I simply can't see how the time spent in the water could possibly justify the amount of water being used.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Haven't had a bath in over six years by now. The apartement we moved to only has a shower(a luxury one though!).
Apart from that problem I'm also close to two meters tall and proportionally built, so even if we had a tub I doubt I'd fit in it. Also got hair down to my waist, so it'd be annoying as fuck. :(
Used to love taking baths when I was younger however. Always read comics or my sisters manga when I did... Many got ruined from being dropped into the water.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
So much of the "you're soaking in your own filth" crowd. Jeez people, unless you are obscenely dirty or have large sediments it's not that bad.

You're gonna have to dry yourself with a towel either way and that's what gonna insure that you get the refuse off.

I agree on the water consumption issue though. I take showers, but if I need to relax my muscles I will take a bath.

MorganL4 said:
You could always go the Japanese route: wash yourself, and THEN get in the bath.
Then there's this, Japanese walk-in sitting showers are very nice. You can ignore the bath if you so choose.