A question for the guys . Baths : Yay or Nay?

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
krazykidd said:
So random question for the guys of the escapists . Do you guys take Baths? Not Showers , but Baths . Maybe with bubbles , maybe without .I ask this because i personally know many women who love to take baths . But not a single guy who does . So i bring the question to you guys of the escapists.

As for me i HATE taking a bath . But i dislike water in the first place . I take showers purely for hygienic purposes , but dread ever moment of it . So a bath is a big no no for me .

Your turn
Well Kidd, speaking as a guy who may not be a guy's guy, but did do construction for a while, I have been known to take baths (especially with epsom salts). When you do manual labor all day, a nice bath in epsom salts will help relieve muscle fatigue quite a bit, so they have their uses. I have noticed that I take significantly fewer baths now that I don't do manual labor any longer though. I will have a bath here and there if my back is sore or if I go out and play some form of physical sport (mostly martial arts), but its rare.

I suppose it is up to personal preference, but next time you are sore, try one with epsom salts, it will change your mind about baths.

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
Yay. I can't stand showers. They're loud, awkward, simultaneously too hot and too cold, and water always gets in your eye.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I had a guy friend who like to drink beer or coffee in is bath.
I always thought that was a bad idea...

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
If I had one of those big bath tubs with the water jets then I probably would but only if I was living on my own. I wouldn't be able to get a moment alone in my current home. Actually fuck it, I'd rather just get a hot tub for relaxing

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
I see baths as more of a relaxation exercise than a cleaning exercise, the only problem is that the side of a bath is just about the most uncomfortable thing I've ever tried to lay against so I find it damn near impossible to actually relax. Those bath cushion things never stay in place either. Bathtub makers: please make softer, fluffier, more back-friendly bathtubs.

FireAza

Aug 16, 2011
Jesus Christ, is society bringing it's macho bullshit into how one chooses to bathe now?

I've never lived in a place with a bath, so I've always taken showers. But on the occasion where I'm on holiday and there's a bath, hell yeah I'm gonna take a bath. Kinda makes me miss my time in Japan, where having a nice, relaxing soak (after cleaning yourself in the shower first) in a tub is standard operating procedure.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Sometimes, when I really need to unwind. I generally prefer showers though, as they're less wasteful.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
Yeah I take a bath on occasion, not for the purpose of washing but to relax. Really helps with muscle tension.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I take a shower because sitting in my bath isn't comfortable.

I love baths. I used to have shower-baths (put the plug in when showering) when I was younger (when I fit the bath comfortably).

I just don't want to rest my head on the edge of the bath.

There's something nice about floating naked in your own filth.

Mersadeon

Jun 8, 2010
I would love to take baths more often, but my bathtub is made for tiny people. I probably wouldn't really have the time to do it often anyway.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I don't really ever take baths. The only time I do is if it's really, really hot in my apartment and I take a cold bath to cool down. I like showers just fine.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
I take a quick shower first then a bath. There is a spa bath in the master bedroom that I use when no one else is home, it even has water jets!

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
Growing up in a house with a weird bath-shower hybrid which would result in flooding the bottom floor because of bad architecture if you didn't lie down, I never really *took* showers until I was old enough to start travelling around. It's probably because of that that I still dislike showers. I'll take them when time is an issue, but if I've got a half-hour I'll put on some relaxing music and take a long bath. Really helps get the stress out. Tends to be one of the best bits of the week.

Far Right Knight

May 3, 2013
Only take baths if I have some time alone and really want to relax. Helps if you have a nice tub. Otherwise showers are more efficient and practical.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
I am not a guy, but my fiancé does like a bath. However, unlike me, he does not like bubbles. What is the point of a bath without bubbles?

Anyway, I suppose he is just lazy and likes to be sitting/lying down while he gets clean.

gravian

Sep 8, 2011
Yeah, I have baths nearly all the time due to not having a functioning shower cubicle in my house for years. Don't know why everyone is so concerned about the "filth" - unless you get really dirty/sweaty every day your body isn't going to be that unclean. I mean, do you have a phobia about going in a swimming pool as well, where the water is probably mixed in with loads of sweat, dirt and children's wee? Or washing dishes in a sink? When you put the plug in and fill it up with hot water and washing liquid, do you think the dishes are unclean from all being washed in the same water?

Also, I don't get why so many are saying that tubs are too small. The point about bathtubs is that in most cases you can't lie back fully with your legs streched out and water at chest-height, or you'd use way too much water to fill it. When I have one I always have to bend my knees a little to lie back, and the tub tends to be just over half full, about mid-chest height. You really shouldn't have to fill it right up to the brim unless you're really sore or else, yeah, you will use a whole lot of water and it'll take a long time.

And add bubbles. Always bubbles. So much more relaxing. Also, run it hot so if you're in there for a while it won't get too cool.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I like showers better, mainly because I have to bathe before work and showers are faster.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
You don't really take a bath to "bathe", as you're sitting in a tub of your own filth. You take a bath mainly to "relax"...

OT: My bath tub isn't big enough for me to take a bath, but i'm not against it. I'd probably take a shower right after to actually get clean...

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
I used to, we have a bathtub now but the first time i used it i got sick despite cleaning it, so i never tried again
I like bathing, i should go swim in the river, i have never done that here
I loved laying for far too long in my grandparents bubblebathtub