A question for the guys . Baths : Yay or Nay?

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
I don't have a shower so baths every time, I find them relaxing at the end of a long day and I get to catch up on my reading or on my 3DS games. I'll soak and relax for half an hour then drain the bath before scrubbing myself and rinsing with a water jug.

Aetherlblade

Mar 1, 2010
I love hot baths. I usually take one every day, probably lay in it reading a book for like an hour orso. In fact, I'll jump in right now!

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
I LOVE baths... and whirlpools and such...

too bad i am poor and have had the last eight years only apartments with just a shower.
But also: a shower a day is ok... a bath take too long. Maybe once/twice a week is good.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I LOVE baths.

But, I don't have one..just a shower unit, sad face.

Even if I had a bath, I would shower most days as its faster, uses less water and is probably more hygienic, but I enjoy baths in the winter time when its cold outside and for relaxing!

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Baths are great for sorting out an achey back/muscle pain. Plus you get to just chill for a bit, read some Game of Thrones...

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Screw the guys only I'm answering anyways.

I love baths, but it's for relaxing not cleaning. I take a shower first so I'm not sitting in my own filth and enjoy the warm water usually with my DS or PSP in a sandwich bag.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
Baths are good for you; they relax your muscles and help your blood flow. They're kind of crap at getting you clean unless you have a spray nozzle to rinse off with afterward, though...which I don't, so I just use a drinking glass to pour water over myself with. Gets the job done.

So in answer to the original question, yeah, I'll take a bath when I'm stressed out or my circulation is bad, or when I need to get clean but also refuse to put down the book I'm reading.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
i guess I'm one of the few here who enjoy a nice relaxing hot bath along with candles and all that other stuff.

Still don't get people and the "bathing in your own filth" since we sweat during sleep in our beds,shit a lot of the time and all sorts of far more uncleaner things.

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012
I grew up in a house without a shower until I was about 16. I usually only take showers when I'm exceptionally dirty or sweaty. I'm just used to take a bath. I even bought an inflatable tub because my bathroom's too small for a stone or metal one xD

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
I have mild aquaphobia. I don't own a bath. I think it's a waste of water. Still, the times I've taken a bath has been pleasant. I don't hate taking a bath, even if I dislike being in any larger body of water, but a bathtub feels safe.

Jux

Hmm
Sep 2, 2012
Just showers atm, bath plug doesn't seat properly. I would like a nice cold bath sometimes after a workout, helps prevent cramping. If I had a bath with jets I'd take baths. Nothing wrong with bubbles either.

snowfi6916

Nov 22, 2010
I like taking baths more than showers.

Why do you even ask? Is this one of those "if I like doing feminine things I'm gay" threads? Because if so, I'll just check out now.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
I have a tiny bath, so i much prefer taking showers. If I had a comfortable bath then I'd readily enjoy a long soak. :D

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I'm surprised that nobody/hardly anyone has said "Sitting in a bath with the plug in with the shower (or some shower-like equivalent) on". Why not have both, right?

In all seriousness I prefer showers just because I don't like washing myself for extended periods of time, and generally showers are quicker to handle, turn on and turn off.