Jonluw

May 23, 2010
jkvoller said:
Jonluw said:
Layz92 said:
Jonluw said:
Gin and tonic isn't for women!
It isn't, right?
I guess I might have to start drinking mint juleps, then.

But really. Don't care about what those people say. G&T is a nice drink. Certainly better than White russian.
Whoah, whoah easy there. It is a great drink (alcoholic iced cofee really). It even has The Dude's seal of aproval.
No. I don't care what the dude thinks.
That Kahlua is a thing of the devil. Truly horrid.

I originally found it to be okay, if a bit too sweet and thick. Then I got smashed, and now I can never drink anything like it again. e.g. Bailey's makes me gag.
Interesting. If I don't order a G&T, my other choice of drink is a Baileys original on the rocks, mainly because it doesn't get me as drunk as quickly as Gin and Tonic does. Those are the two drinks I drink exclusively.
Ugh. I don't see that happening to me any time soon.
I tried tasting Bailey's once after the fateful night, and I was close to vomiting just from letting it touch my lips.
I still had half a bottle of Kahlua left which I had no idea what to do with. There was no way I was drinking it.
So I challenged a friend to drink it - slowly, to really enjoy the taste - for $10. Hah. Now he hates it almost as much as I do.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
20 years old and while I don't drink Gin and tonic I do enjoy whisky and diet 7up or coca cola. Whisky is really one of the only drinks I do enjoy. My father has gotten brand after brand of beer trying to find one that I like to no avail. Wine makes my taste buds curl up and die. Whisky, however, is a damn fine drink.

Haven't tried gin, rum, vodka, or other similar drinks yet. But plan on getting the full experience over the summer.

AmosMoses

Mar 27, 2011
A G&T is refreshing, delicious and antimalarial.

Let your friends say what they want, you can laugh when they all have malaria.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Gin question: Anyone else think gin has a celery after taste? There aren't many gin drinkers where I live, so I've never really had anyone else with the experience to answer this.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
Well, I haven't had a Gin and Tonic, mostly because I'm primarily a wine drinker, and something like that isn't the sort of thing I go out of my way to try. That said, if you like Gin and Tonic, then drink it. Admitting that you're so insecure in your masculinity that you'll stop drinking your favorite drink just because someone told you it was girly will reflect much worse on you than just drinking your drink of choice in the first place. Don't let them tell you what to do.

Bloodtrozorx

Jan 23, 2012
jkvoller said:
I am a 18 year old male and drink gin and tonic

My question is simple. Are there any other young (18/21 - 39) males who drink and enjoy a gin and tonic out there, because my friends keep saying that a G&T is camp and exclusively for old women.
I get the same thing for drinking Tom Collins. I say drink what you like, who cares what others drink. Just drink.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
LetalisK said:
Gin question: Anyone else think gin has a celery after taste? There aren't many gin drinkers where I live, so I've never really had anyone else with the experience to answer this.
I won't claim to have a lot of experience drinking gin (in fact, I've only drunk it on two occasions), but I've never noticed such an aftertaste.
It would be hard to notice though, I think, over the taste of eating out a dendrophiliac around christmastime.

It might be something with the particular brand you drink though. Care to share what it is?

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Jonluw said:
LetalisK said:
I won't claim to have a lot of experience drinking gin (in fact, I've only drunk it on two occasions), but I've never noticed such an aftertaste.
It would be hard to notice though, I think, over the taste of eating out a dendrophiliac around christmastime.

It might be something with the particular brand you drink though. Care to share what it is?
I wish I remembered, it's been a long time. I think it might be the London Gin or whatever it was with the uniformed guy marching on the bottle.

Endersgate1321

Jun 11, 2011
People always make fun of me because the only thing I will drink is a Brass Monkey 1/3 orange juice 1/3 apple jucie and 1/3 coconut rum

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
LetalisK said:
I wish I remembered, it's been a long time. I think it might be the London Gin or whatever it was with the uniformed guy marching on the bottle.
Wouldn't know.
Only ever tasted Bombay sapphire.

The one with the marching guard on the label is called Beefeater though.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
I had a Gin and Tonic once. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. Now granted the bar we were at was pretty lousy and the drinks usually were not very good.

royohz

Official punching bag!
Jul 23, 2009
I haven't tried gin & tonic, but I've heard it's awful. I'm a coeliak, so I can't drink beer (except Corona and Budweiser) or other wheat beverages unless they're distilled like vodka. I love myself to a good wine and some other spirits, but at the moment I drink only like a true Viking. Good old honey-brewed MEAD. And yes, it is badass, it is awesome and that is how I feel when I drink it.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
I'm a cider man. Nothing beats a pint of Bulmers, or better yet, Shandon Orchard, especially after a hard day of field work with the fellow geologists, or ecologists. Take off the foul weather gear, go to the pub, stick some old time rock and roll on the jukebox, and you've got the perfect night out.:)

royohz said:
but at the moment I drink only like a true Viking. Good old honey-brewed MEAD. And yes, it is badass, it is awesome and that is how I feel when I drink it.
That is pretty badass. Mead is rare around here though, and in any case its too much like wine for my taste.

targren

May 13, 2009
I think that anyone drinking males should seek counseling ASAP. They have a real problem. ;)

Seriously though... Never been a gin fan. Always thought it tasted like rubbing alcohol. Then again, I can afford passably descent Scotch, so... yeah.

Though occasionally I'll suck down some Disaronno (Amaretto) for a change of pace.

(33 by the way)

TheRealJLars

Feb 15, 2010
My friends don't drink gin and tonic water tastes like sewage, so generally don't drink g&t.
My go-to drinks are Jack and Dr Pepper, and Blue Moon.