A question to all girl gamers...

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
I grew up gaming. It all started with the Sega Genesis for me, then I got a Super Nintendo from a friend of my step-dad's. The rest is history. :p

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Ringas said:
Your just desperate for female attention so you came here.
It's true, it's true. I'm a sad lonely guy and all I ever wanted was some attention from women over the internet. I have a depressing existence

Dahni

Lemon Meringue Tie
Aug 18, 2009
My dad used to play Max Payne on the PC when I was younger. I would sit and watch him. Then he started to play Medal of Honour and stuff. Eventually, I got so intrigued, while he was at work, I sat and played Max Payne for a few hours. Around the same time, I went to my friend Andrew's house and we played games on his PC. When I told my dad about this he went and got me a PS2 and I've been hooked ever since.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
So far it seams that everybody here simply grew up with gaming in a similar fashion. I a bit shocked how little deveation there has been from the "I got a console as a child and it basically snow balled from there" method of getting into gaming.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
Heh... jiggle physics.

Dad used to play Duke Nukem on the old 386 when I was little. I watched occasionally. 1990, I played Pac-Man for the first time, in a bowling alley arcade. 1991, I played Mario 3 for the first time at a babysitter's house (I believe it came with the console, at the time). Then I played the first Mario. Then I found out that Mario 2 was lame. Then, Sega came out and my parents bought one--<explosion occurs, time shifts>--and now I play far more simulation games on the PC than anyone should.

I guess it's just always been there.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:
So far it seams that everybody here simply grew up with gaming in a similar fashion. I a bit shocked how little deveation there has been from the "I got a console as a child and it basically snow balled from there" method of getting into gaming.
Not surprising, isn't that how most people start gaming regardless of gender?

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
LeonLethality said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Not surprising, isn't that how most people start gaming regardless of gender?
True... how I got to gaming as well. I just never thought it was this uniform among all gamers.

Space Cowgirl

Oct 21, 2009
I remember my brother letting me play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the old school Nintendo system... Or something like that. Then Spyro came out on the PlayStation and I had to play it. Then, of course, my brother would steal the controller away from me. I was in elementary school by the time the first Spyro came out so I like to believe I've been gaming for most of my life.

Honey Boo Boo

Apr 4, 2010
I have been playing games since Atari. I have had a nintendo, sega, 64, gamecube, playstation and xbox. Although I am a microsoft drone and they have much better shooter games than playstation. Some of my favorites have been Duke Nukem, Doom, Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid. But I love first person shooters, role playing games. Actually my daughter also plays first person shooters. She is a Call of Duty fan and I am currently engulfed in Left 4 Dead.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
I got an amiga when I was about 3. It had a few games on it, flashback, zool. Then I got a megadrive with sonic, dune 2, and started finding out what I liked. One day, my uncle took me to a friends house and they introduced me to doom, and this new game, 'quake'. Reassured me that 'although doom had a chainsaw and this only has an axe, trust me, quake is better'. Slowly started playing more games on my uncles computer - Ascendancy and Master of Orion. Got my own computer, and started playing around with fixing it up when it got broke. Got an N64. Snowballed, really, but I've been a gamer my whole life.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Space Cowgirl said:
I remember my brother letting me play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the old school Nintendo system... Or something like that. Then Spyro came out on the PlayStation and I had to play it. Then, of course, my brother would steal the controller away from me. I was in elementary school by the time the first Spyro came out so I like to believe I've been gaming for most of my life.
Is this the TMNT game you were referring to? So many good memories.

Space Cowgirl

Oct 21, 2009
Marik2 said:
Space Cowgirl said:
Oh good god, I think that's it! I remember now! Thanks for jogging my memory. I find it funny that I remember playing that game and I'm only twenty...

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Space Cowgirl said:
Marik2 said:
Space Cowgirl said:

Oh good god, I think that's it! I remember now! Thanks for jogging my memory. I find it funny that I remember playing that game and I'm only twenty...
I don't think it's weird for remembering something from your childhood. I'm 18 and I remember all the shows and games from my childhood, so many good memories.

AmayaOnnaOtaku

The Babe with the Power
Mar 11, 2010
My mom, she got the old TI computer for me when I was 3 plus she had an atari. When the NES first hit the US she grabbed one as well. The game that really drew me into gamin was the Original Legend of Zelda. That game hooked me

BladesEternal

Mar 23, 2010
I grew up playing the Super NES, because both my parents always played their Ataris. We're a big gaming family, so I've always been exposed to every type of game and console. Though I'm not a giant fan of the PC...

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
I've been coding since I've been 4 (ok, at 4, I was just copying listings from programing magazines.. :D), gaming for as long (TO7 & C64 ftw).

So yeah, I've been a gamer for as long as I remember, thanks dad :)
That game [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindwalker] is even the reason why I'm a 3d programmer nowadays.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
I grew up playing Atari. And later Nintendo. And my dad was a computer programmer, so we always had computers in our house.

I can't really remember a time when we didn't have a gaming system in the house.

And if you think it is a boys club now, your should have seen the arcades I went to when I was 10.

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
I used to play Sega Mega-drive at my cousins, they had this one game where you played a ghost, and had to possess objects in the house to scare people away, I still cannot remember the name, which is a shame. My mum eventually got us a second hand Sega Master-system and later on an old computer running dos.
Like most people here it snowballed from there.

Shadowsole

May 17, 2009
My Brother got a 64 for his first christmas I Loved watching my dad play it

So I Stated playing it (Mario Of Course)

Then i Got into it more and more and we bought a Ps2 and so on

I also Got a gameboy bcause of the Syslveter and tweety game... ( Then my cousin sold me pokemon blue)