A quote that you live by

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Is there a quote that you take to heart that you try to live by? Mine is form fahrenheit 451, carry it in my wallet to remind me till I learn, when I do then I will change it. Does anyone else do anything like this? If so what quote and from where and please post it.

"man when I was younger I shoved my ignorance in peoples faces, they beat me with sticks, by the time I was forty my blunt insturment had be honed to a fine cutting point for me. If you don't show your ignorence then no on while hit you and you will never learn"

EDIT: New one found, not going to stop living by the old one but I really liked this quote.

"You don't own a corner in suffering" Joanne Greenberg, I never promised you a Rose Garden

soilent

Jan 2, 2010
"Fortune Favors the Bold."
-Kevin Smith

Got me to man up and ask the girl I loved to be with me, she said yes.

cheesemanxl

May 31, 2008
Something carlos mencia said along the lines of "whats the worst that could happen? she wont sleep with you? SHE ALREADY WASNT GOING TO SLEEP WITH YOU?

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
soilent said:
-Kevin Smith

That almost made me cry when I read that. Hope you have the happiest marragie in the world. (just assuming you married her)

madcap2112

Jun 4, 2009
"What the hell you doing in the bathroom all day and night? Why not get out of there, let someone else have a chance?!" from Igor (or his father, rather) in "Young Frankenstein"

But no, seriously, for me it'd be from John Lennon, "Give peace a chance"

soilent

Jan 2, 2010
Mcupobob said:
soilent said:
-Kevin Smith

That almost made me cry when I read that. Hope you have the happiest marragie in the world. (just assuming you married her)
Not Married, but god I hope so, some day.

and thanks :)

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
"Try everything once except incest & morris-dancing." I've no idea who said it first but I say it at every available opportunity. By the way if you don't know what morris-dancing is then I'm sure wiki will have the answer.

Oh, and I almost forgot: "If nothing needs doing, do nothing." Again I have no idea who said it first but I swear by that one.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
"Don't worry, be happy!" - Tidus

"I'm the greatest!" - Jecht

Whom you may notice make up my avatar. These two are the main ones.

"Don't fuck with power tools" -My dad. That's another useful one, arguably a lot more important than the first two, but I feel the need to remind myself that I am indeed the greatest is just above keeping the skin attached to my hand while using an orbital sander.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
soilent said:
Mcupobob said:
soilent said:
-Kevin Smith

Not Married, but god I hope so, some day.

and thanks :)
No problem and it work out I'm sure.

NoriYuki Sato

May 26, 2009
this one is from personal experience, and is actually the motto of a friend's band

"Never Regret Your Scars."

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
"A wise speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something"

People in this world are too fast to run their mouths.

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
keybird said:
FUCK YOU

-Me
I like the more polite, "Time's up... LEEEROY". It gets my rape face on for the gamebreaker (inward double somersaults at diving meets)

Motti

Jan 26, 2009
"To err is human, to make the same mistake twice . . . is just plain stupid"
From Hover Car Racer, by Matthew Reilly
Also there's something I came up with myself, but someone else has probably also thought of:
'Life's a *****, make it yours'

EDIT:
Soushi said:
Who dares, wins.
*the motto of the RAF*
isn't that the SAS?