A really big favour.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
Done. As has been said previously, MUST BE ORIGINAL! Don't add anything stupid if you want it to be a true medieval game like magic and unicorns and fairies. Maybe dragons. Or dagrons. Whatever.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
And done.

Sidenote, PC isn't a console. Also, a true history-based medieval setting or at most a setting as the people of the time saw it (fortune-tellers CAN tell the future etc.) would be interesting. Buut much of 'lolImAcranaMaster and I'm going to drop a fireball on your head' kind of games already exist.

For a well done RPG in this kind of manner, look up the Blossoms Are Falling, based on the Burning Wheel system. Japan at the end of 1100s, as the people of the time saw it.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Done. Good luck with your assignment and your game.

Though the game idea does sound fairly generic. I hope there are some interesting features in it.

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
SakSak said:
And done.

Sidenote, PC isn't a console. Also, a true history-based medieval setting or at most a setting as the people of the time saw it (fortune-tellers CAN tell the future etc.) would be interesting. Buut much of 'lolImAcranaMaster and I'm going to drop a fireball on your head' kind of games already exist.

For a well done RPG in this kind of manner, look up the Blossoms Are Falling, based on the Burning Wheel system. Japan at the end of 1100s, as the people of the time saw it.
Yes it is. What you call a "console" is actually a "gaming console." Consoles are just computers with human interfaces. At any rate, Windows is a gaming platform.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
ThrobbingEgo said:
SakSak said:
And done.

Yes it is. What you call a "console" is actually a "gaming console." Consoles are just computers with human interfaces. At any rate, Windows is a gaming platform.
By that definition my dishwasher and coffee maker are consoles.

EDIT: And I believe Windows is a graphics-based general user interface, not a gaming platform.

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
SakSak said:
By that definition my dishwasher and coffee maker are consoles.

EDIT: And I believe Windows is a graphics-based general user interface, not a gaming platform.
Only the display and buttons. :D

Windows is an operating system these days, not a GUI. Doesn't run over DOS anymore.

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
There ya go, just for you.

Actually I should be doing a report right now.... curse you Escapist and your addictive forums!

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
Done. However, I don't like the Fable series. It's just the way their done doesn't appeal to me. Are you saying it is like Fable in that it is Medieval, or the quest structure, or the graphics, or what?

And it does sound a lot like Oblivion.