A requiem for a 360

Antinash

Sep 13, 2008
I never believed my friends.
All their 360's red ringed before they even had them for a whole year. I always read about it on the internet and always thought nothing of it. I always thought that it could never happen to MY 360. After all, I thought, I treat my 360 well. I never moved it, never had too. Sure I played it regulary, but never excessivly. It never fell, never overheated, only froze maybe twice in my one and a half years of owning it.
Then one day, while playing burnout paradise, my 360 froze. No big deal. I rebooted the console.
Then I saw it.
The scourge of the xbox community, the curse that had befallen all of my friends.
Three flashing red lights.(Actually I think the RoL looks better in red but thats besides the point)
I didn't worry that much, after I rebooted it again it was fine. I put it down to a power surge or something and thought no more about it.
Till the week after, while playing Castle Crashers, the 360 froze and after I rebooted it, there it was again. Three times I rebooted the console and on the 4th attempt, life arose within the 360 and it was back to the machine that only I knew: The xbox that never gave me any trouble.
But I knew that from this day, the clock was ticking. The grim reaper hung over my 360 like a bomb. Just waiting.
Then yesterday, I turned on my 360 after my week long spore-a-thon, and my 360 gave me one last parting gift: A whole day of no problems. Sounds strange?
One whole day of no lag playing halo with my mates (one of my mates is renowned for having possibly the worst internet service provider in the whole country. ICE. Ireland was a better, lag free place before they can along offering cheap rates and horrible internet.) No lag, hell, we even managed to have a decent game of Castle Crashers on my friends rubbish connection.
I thought my 360 had risen from the ashes, but today, I had to ring Microsoft and admit defeat. The rings just won't go away. I pray that when I turn on the console, I see green. Instead all I see is red. Not only because of TRL, but also because I am angry. But as I write this, I am calm. By the time my 360 comes back from Germany, please correct me if I am wrong about where European 360s are fixed, I will be on holidays in Florida. Far away from the pain and agony of a crushed 360 and a crushed soul. See you soon 360. You lasted the longest of all my friends (bar one), and now its time for you to take a holiday also, but hopefully, you'll be back in time for fallout.
R.I.P 360: 2007-2008

P.S Yes, I know. Its supposed to be over the top. I'm thinking of putting it into a project I am doing. Any suggestions? (Sorry, sad and lame are not suggestions xD)

Antinash

Sep 13, 2008
d3stroyer427 post=9.71848.738906 said:
It is a sad story. We've all been there. But, there is hope, because Microsoft is awesome!!! They look out for the customers, and give us free replacements of their crappy (yet amazing) product!!!! Behold....The free replacement box!!!! May the second reach its full extent of awesome!!!
Thanks for the support. It was much needed xD

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I just got mine back after it broke...I'm on my third. I feel your pain, but at least you have vacation to distract you. I had long, sad, lonely nights with my DS and simple cable (I hate so many TV shows).

Well, my wife was there, but unless she's gonna suddenly be able to play RS:V2 or COD4 then what good is THAT?

EDIT: Please don't tell my wife I said that.

milomalo

Mar 29, 2008
helpermonkey93 post=9.71848.738913 said:
So touchingly pathethic...........It's a 360, man, not a person!!!!!!!!!!!
dont be that way... he knows that ... its just the way he likes to tell us his story...

and i would make a statue if my ps3 dies... :( so... clap clap and i hope the 360 gets better soon XD

Antinash

Sep 13, 2008
Baby Tea post=9.71848.738927 said:
I just got mine back after it broke...I'm on my third. I feel your pain, but at least you have vacation to distract you. I had long, sad, lonely nights with my DS and simple cable (I hate so many TV shows).

Well, my wife was there, but unless she's gonna suddenly be able to play RS:V2 or COD4 then what good is THAT?

EDIT: Please don't tell my wife I said that.
Don't worry mate, your secret is safe with us :)

MalevolentJim

Aug 15, 2008
now you know the pain i went through .My ice broadband connection is still terrible(yes,i am that friend who was renown for having the worst internet connection evarrr)

Antinash

Sep 13, 2008
milomalo post=9.71848.738937 said:
dont be that way... he knows that ... its just the way he likes to tell us his story...

and i would make a statue if my ps3 dies... :( so... clap clap and i hope the 360 gets better soon XD
Thanks mate. I know what you mean. No matter what console you own, anyone can relate to it being taken away from them, even if it is only for ''2 to 3 weeks'', as xbox.com likes to put it xD

oAmadeuso

Sep 7, 2008
The 360 is like a greasy kebab in a friday night on the lash.

You know in your heart that it's not made of the best of parts and theres bit's in there your would rather bot know about
but boy does it taste good! And you just have to keep comming back.

On my third 360 myself....

Antinash

Sep 13, 2008
oAmadeuso post=9.71848.739052 said:
The 360 is like a greasy kebab in a friday night on the lash.

You know in your heart that it's not made of the best of parts and theres bit's in there your would rather bot know about
but boy does it taste good! And you just have to keep comming back.

On my third 360 myself....
Give that man a prize for the best analogy of a 360 ever.

helpermonkey93

Aug 15, 2008
This just goes to show that the 360 is a really crappy console.....maybe not bad (all 3 consoles suck) but very crappy

MalevolentJim

Aug 15, 2008
helpermonkey93 post=9.71848.739085 said:
This just goes to show that the 360 is a really crappy console.....maybe not bad (all 3 consoles suck) but very crappy
you probably dont have any of the 3 consoles,you cant say anything,at the least the 360 and (dare i say) the ps3 have good games

anyway,it's a horrible thing to have to go through when you lose your favourite console,you obviously havent felt that pain.

helpermonkey93

Aug 15, 2008
If you want something with good EXCLUSIVE games, get a pc!!!!! And least it has good exclusives, unlike all three consoles that are out (five if you include portables). To be frank, the whole console market is terrible

Antinash

Sep 13, 2008
helpermonkey93 post=9.71848.739119 said:
If you want something with good EXCLUSIVE games, get a pc!!!!! And least it has good exclusives, unlike all three consoles that are out (five if you include portables). To be frank, the whole console market is terrible
This thread is horribly off-topic, so I will just sort it out. ALL of the consoles have their strong titles. This thread is just about people sharing the pain of a console dying on them, not bashing the other platform.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
I'm sorry for your loss, man. I've had my 360 since December, and it hasn't had any problems yet. I'm sure it will eventually, and I live in fear of that day...

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
You know so little.

The same thing happened to me while playing CoD4. No big deal though, I ave plenty of other games to keep me company.

Look on the bright side, at least this didn't happen during the October/November game influx.

fedpayne

Sep 4, 2008
Mine broke a while back, but I'm moving into my new house on Saturday, and I had no idea how long it would take, so I won't send it back till I get there.