A rock and a hard place.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Fuck, I hate situations like this.
Alright, so school starts again, random first days shit and what not, but a girl peaks my interest, pretty much the prettiest girl I've ever seen. So I pussy out on talking to her a few times, complimenting her, ect.
So the girl I liked from last year asked me who I liked, and I told her. (We'll refer to this girl I like as girl A.) Girl A is the best friend of my past crush. My past crush told me that she doesn't know if girl A likes me, but she said another one of her friends does like me (We'll refer to her as girl B). I've narrowed girl B into one of two girls, One of which I don't like, and the other is one that I don't like nearly as much as girl A(I have found out it's not this girl).

So as I figure it, if my assumptions are correct- It's going to play out like this.
I can be nice and go out with girl B, not mess anything up for anyone but myself, or
I can go with option 2: Disreguard girl B, and go for girl A, Jump with blind faith, but I'll probably have to deal with hatred/sadness from girl B, who in my guesses is a friend of girl A, this would make me look like a jerk, and mess everything up.
I literally can't do anything right.
Maybe I can try to be friends with girl B, and take a much slower approach to girl A, but even still, that seems sleazy, advocating through one girl to score more points with another, probably bending her hopes along with it...

I really hate situations like this, and the option out is to just ignore both, but that's the thing, I really like girl A, and I can't see me getting to her in a possible/morally correct way. I don't like any other girls, and it's pretty much come down to this. I've spent my highschool years chasing after girl after girl, ending in one of three ways.
I either end up just wanting to be friends with the girl
The girl ends up just being friends with me
or the girl ends up hating me.
I've pretty much chased after each girl that has peaked my interest in the past three years, and she's the only one I haven't messed up on yet, and it seems messing up is inevitable...

Fuck.

So forum, which side of the coin should I take? No matter what, it ends badly for me, but I can try my best to make good come out of this shitty situation...

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Elect G-Max said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Oh god, here comes the drama...

MASTACHIEFPWN said:
a girl peaks my interest
Piques. There's a difference.

MASTACHIEFPWN said:
I pussy out
Figures.

MASTACHIEFPWN said:
So the girl I liked from last year
That's never good...

MASTACHIEFPWN said:
asked me who I liked
Please tell me you didn't tell her...

MASTACHIEFPWN said:
and I told her.
God damn it. Now you're fucked.

MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Girl A is the best friend of my past crush. My past crush told me that she doesn't know if girl A likes me, but she said another one of her friends does like me
The only way out of this situation is a four-way with all of them.
And this is why I come to off topic over the advice forums. Comedic relief is something I crave.

Four way with all of them? I'll write that down.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Don't put yourself into a relationship you don't want to be in.

Talk to the girl you fancy. If it doesn't work out, so be it.

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
I might be alone in this, but if I were girl B and my best friend were girl A and you went on a date with me just because I liked you, and I later found out you liked girl A, I'd be pretty fucking angry.

Don't go out with girl B, for the love of god, don't fucking go out with girl B.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Honestly?

I'd say fuck it and not date either of them, sounds like there'll be way too much drama involved.

So yeah, I vote girl C. Now go find girl C.

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
Elect G-Max said:
Stasisesque said:
I might be alone in this, but if I were girl B and my best friend were girl A and you went on a date with me just because I liked you, and I later found out you liked girl A, I'd be pretty fucking angry.

Don't go out with girl B, for the love of god, don't fucking go out with girl B.
Maybe you're alone in it, or maybe I am, or maybe it's a male/female thing, but I beg to differ here. I'd love to go out with a girl who I knew was more interested in someone else, because it would give me a huge opportunity to redirect her interest from him to me.
Girl B is the girl who likes him, whom he does not like. She is interested in the OP, and his dating her would only be to get to Girl A.

Sean Steele

Mar 30, 2010
Girl A is the girl you like right? Go over and you know, tell girl A you like her, if her feelings are not returned then your no worse off then you were before. Rejection really dosn't hurt but the fear of it can be crippling.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Loop Stricken said:

This is the truth. All hail the truth! Nothing more needs to be said.

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
Elect G-Max said:
Stasisesque said:
his dating her would only be to get to Girl A.
Since when was that established?
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Maybe I can try to be friends with girl B, and take a much slower approach to girl A, but even still, that seems sleazy, advocating through one girl to score more points with another, probably bending her hopes along with it...
Okay, so he said friends with, but to me this is even worse. He said in the previous paragraph that he does not like girl B. Doing anything at all, except being polite and cordial, in this situation strikes me as, yes, sleazy.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Fappy said:
Loop Stricken said:

This is the truth. All hail the truth! Nothing more needs to be said.
Thanks!
It's a miracle I'm still single...

Nightmonger

Jul 1, 2010
Elect G-Max said:
Or better yet, shag all of them.
This seems to be what you should be aiming for...

In all seriousness you say School has just started so whats the rush to get into relationships in the first week? I say play the long game and wait for a few weeks being friendly (not that friendly!) to all parties and then take the plunge when you've had time to think it over and see if either option is worth pursuing.

Also captcha has advice for you too

"bowties are cool" get some bowtie action going man!

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
'The only winning move is not to play.'
I feel this quote fits this situation like a tailor-made glove.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Start banging all of them behind all of their backs...
It will fuck up completely sometime but go figure.

Or well actually...
Go for the one you like, that's what I have to come with, wish I could just follow my own advice sometime -.-