A royal baby

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Dangit2019 said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Already people are making this into a feminist and LGBT issue, even though all they've announced is the sex they're complaining it's a CIS privileged male like Kate had any choice in the matter:

I'm all for LGBT support, but that's just fucking ridiculous.

He has a penis. Unless he decides otherwise later in life, we can safely assume he is male.
Yeah apparently that's not how it works. In its simplest form (to them) its "Sex is what you are, gender is what you see yourself as" but to these crazy hardcore guys, that's total bollocks and I'm a cis-gendered arrogant fucker. (Cis in essence being a straight white male). These guys make extremist feminists look sane.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
I couldn't care less, and furthermore, the baby and family would probably be better off if more people cared as little as I do. Leave them the fuck alone.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
It's nice that we still have a royal family. They sit around, do fuck all, attract tourists and every once in a while they give us a nice meaningless distraction from the drudgery of day to day life. That and I fucking love Prince Philip, that dear old boy has given me so many laughs throughout my few years on this planet. Hope they name the sprog Philip. Or Wilhelm. They're all fucking German anyway.

Bluestorm83

Jun 20, 2011
While I don't much care for the Royal FAMILY, I do have an enormous amount of respect and admiration for the Queen. I've seen a lot of things on her life and what exactly she has to do, and let me tell you, it's not easy. People here in America joke that she gets an enormous salary to do nothing, but honestly, she never gets to do nothing. She's the Queen. That's not just a title, that's a job. Every second of every day she has to be "On."

Anyone ever work in Retail? Know that fake, smiley, care about the customer act that you have to do to keep your job? That's the queen, 100% of the time. She can never lose her temper, she can never just say "Fuck it, I'm tired and going home," she can never go for a walk in a park on her own. Anyone here ever lose a parent? Any of you who did ever have to address a nation while it happened, holding back all of the emotions that we all would have in that situation? Who here wants to give up the ability to bum around in sweatpants and a T-shirt drinking beer and watching TV to instead have constant fancy dinners and receptions? Wouldn't it be great to be constantly meeting foreign leaders, who get to make actual policy, and have all the pressure of never insulting them accidentally without any of the actual authority to do anything if they were to offend you?

But anyway, I don't care about this baby's PARENTS, but to me, The Queen just got herself a Grandson, and that's awesome. Congratulations, Your Majesty.

Crayven

Plum tickler
Mar 28, 2011
Bluestorm83 said:
While I don't much care for the Royal FAMILY, I do have an enormous amount of respect and admiration for the Queen. I've seen a lot of things on her life and what exactly she has to do, and let me tell you, it's not easy. People here in America joke that she gets an enormous salary to do nothing, but honestly, she never gets to do nothing. She's the Queen. That's not just a title, that's a job. Every second of every day she has to be "On."

Anyone ever work in Retail? Know that fake, smiley, care about the customer act that you have to do to keep your job? That's the queen, 100% of the time. She can never lose her temper, she can never just say "Fuck it, I'm tired and going home," she can never go for a walk in a park on her own. Anyone here ever lose a parent? Any of you who did ever have to address a nation while it happened, holding back all of the emotions that we all would have in that situation? Who here wants to give up the ability to bum around in sweatpants and a T-shirt drinking beer and watching TV to instead have constant fancy dinners and receptions? Wouldn't it be great to be constantly meeting foreign leaders, who get to make actual policy, and have all the pressure of never insulting them accidentally without any of the actual authority to do anything if they were to offend you?

But anyway, I don't care about this baby's PARENTS, but to me, The Queen just got herself a Grandson, and that's awesome. Congratulations, Your Majesty.
I feared i was in a sea of Republicans. thank Jim for you.

DRTJR

Aug 7, 2009
I wish good heath to the future King of England(Shut up it sounds better) and that He's no were near as nutty as his grandfather, but instead a reasonable Monarch like his Great Grandmother

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
elvor0 said:
(Cis in essence being a straight white male)
Uh, not quite. Cis-gendered simply means your gender identity is the same as your biological sex. So a Cis-man would be a biological male who identifies as male, as opposed to a trans-man, who would be biologically female but identifies as male.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Republican so it feels pretty shit seeing an affront to democracy being celebrated on the news and having my prime minister tell me that I should be happy. Fuck the monarchy; everyone should be born with the chance to be head of state.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
While I can't say I give a care anyway, unfortunately even here in the U.S. you cannot go to any news channel/website without seeing something about it. I can understand the interest in Britain, but I could've sworn we yanks declared independence from having to care about British monarchy.

I liken it to celebrity news anyway, and I assume that is how it is in Great Britain as well.

Johanthemonster666

May 25, 2010
Don't care. This baby's existence is about as eventful as any of the royals going through normal life stages that we're suppose to regard as miraculous. Marriages, divorces, rides into town to greet the lowly plebs, playing sports...all things normal people do all the time we're suppose to hold our breath over when The Crown does it and every moment caught on camera.

Of all the things happening in the West (and much of the world) we're suppose to focus on these celebrities who are only celebrities because the people's of the current UK didn't decide to behead their royals and lords long ago?

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Techno Squidgy said:
elvor0 said:
(Cis in essence being a straight white male)
Uh, not quite. Cis-gendered simply means your gender identity is the same as your biological sex. So a Cis-man would be a biological male who identifies as male, as opposed to a trans-man, who would be biologically female but identifies as male.
So...why do we need a prefix? Why can't we just be male?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I didn't even know she was pregnant until a week ago. Weren't they married just a few months ago? I don't keep up with the Royals. What do you want from an American?

Anyway, I don't really care one way or the other. I'm happy for the parents, and hopefully they are all healthy and happy. And with any luck, they can avoid the same people who killed his grandmother.

ToastiestZombie said:
Already people are making this into a feminist and LGBT issue, even though all they've announced is the sex they're complaining it's a CIS privileged male like Kate had any choice in the matter:

OT: Well, let's hope they name it something cool. We need a Prince Karnage.
Wow. That's just bad. The kid isn't even a day old and may not even have an official name, yet. I think it's a bit early to start that whole thing. Maybe it should be saved until such a time that he starts identifying as a girl? Maybe then, it would be a good time to start that argument. Just throwing it out there.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Johanthemonster666 said:
Of all the things happening in the West (and much of the world) we're suppose to focus on these celebrities who are only celebrities because the people's of the current UK didn't decide to behead their royals and lords long ago?
Yeah, because that worked so well for France and there was no fallout at all because of that or the closest thing to a World War afterwards.

Sweden, Denmark, Belgium are other examples of nations with their royals still possessing their heads.

The USA has the same deal, just they have a monarch "born" every 4/8 years instead and he actually has some semblence of power. The President is part of the USA's culture and the Crown is part of the UK's culture.

n00beffect

May 8, 2009
God, why do you people give a fuck? I've never understood Brits' obsession with their royal family. Is it because Britain doesn't really have any good celebrities left (since most of them moved to LA, obviously, where the weather is actually NOT shit all the time), so you have to clamber on to the closest thing?

What's even weirder to me - and this became especially apparent during the whole royal wedding debacle - is NON-BRITs' obsession with the royal family. That just makes absolutely no goddamn by the jesus salami-jerking sense to me at all.

It's all so bizarre...

I personally couldn't care less; and yes, I am well aware of how hypocritical that sounds, given that I'm here, posting about it.

n00beffect

May 8, 2009
Abomination said:
Johanthemonster666 said:
Yeah, because that worked so well for France and there was no fallout at all because of that or the closest thing to a World War afterwards.

Sweden, Denmark, Belgium are other examples of nations with their royals still possessing their heads.

The USA has the same deal, just they have a monarch "born" every 4/8 years instead and he actually has some semblence of power. The President is part of the USA's culture and the Crown is part of the UK's culture.
Yeah, okay, you're right. BUT, the difference is that the US president does shit, you know? He's actually important to the country (or at least they've made him so); therefore following his/her life would kind of sort of make sense - not TOO much sense - but just a bit.

The royals on the other hand, what do they do? They just mosey about, going to ceremonies and smashing bottles of expensive champagne on the ass of newly built boats (however the hell you call that tradition). They have no function what-so-ever, and yeah yeah, you could probably make an argument that they somehow run the circus from behind the curtains or some such conspiracy, but still...

I'm not saying behead them, that's way too much. Just, I suppose, stop spending 38 million quid a year on their banquets and crap? Sounds reasonable, right?

lSHaDoW-FoXl

Jul 17, 2008
I really disdain how so many people care about royalty so much. The only thing these people did to acquire their obscene wealth was basically advertise them selves, and if you support them just because they make money then none of you - absolutely none of you - can criticize TMZ or basically any other institution that only thrives to exploit celebrities. Because really, it's the same thing, only the royal family is classier. Which, you know, is a lot like comparing a retriever to a Shepard. They're both just different breeds of the same thing.

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
I switched on the news this morning to see if any updates had happened regarding Syria, Nelson Mandela's health, the earthquake in Christchurch NZ, the women's rights movement in India or other current happenings. What I got instead on EVERY FUCKING NEWS CHANNEL was extensive coverage of the royal baby - Fox, CNBC, BBC, RT, you name it.

I already woke up badly, talk about starting off the day with a fucking headache that gets 10x worse when you turn on the TV.

From what I've heard, the British people THEMSELVES actually don't give two shits about the royal family or their happenings. The general consensus also seemed to indicate that...by far the overwhelming majority of people who were queuing up for the royal wedding and this royal baby are tourists, primarily made up of Americans.

Americans are absolutely fascinated by the royal family for some utterly bizarre reason and so is the American media.