A series is needed

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
ZehMadScientist said:
Threads like these usually make want to post entire lists, but I'm going to refrain from doing so.

Steins;Gate - This is the series I always recommend, it's my favorite show. A Sci-fi thriller about time travel, with likable characters and a commendable plot. Tolerance for quirkiness is required, however.

Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari Haven't watched these

Clannad/Clannad ~After Story~ - Romance which will rip your heart apart. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend doing so. (I guess this description isn't too motivating, is it >.>) Tears have been shed during this one.
Yeah, I recommend these. With extra weight put on my recommendation for Clannad because it hurts so good.
It will possibly change how you react to sad stories forever.

Ah, I just remembered: Tengen toppa Gurren lagann fits your criteria absolutely perfectly.
Watch it!
Now please.
I'm positive you will love it.

Let's see... Large adventure, relationship, good animation...
Claymore may work.
FLCL is awesome and only 7 episodes long.
Katanagatari fits the bill very nicely.
Samurai Champloo: While I personally didn't like it that much, it fits your criteria well.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Gabanuka said:
CODE-D said:
Id suggest a google search if its that broad or Adventure Time.
Yeh I probably should be more specific
.Good animation
.At least a minor focus on relationship and character growth
.Preferably a large scoping adventure

Also what the hell is Adventure Time?
Regular Show. Great Animation, All the Humor derives around the Character Relationships, and even though they aren't large scoping adventures, each episode feels EPIC! I highly Recommend it.

ALSO: /b/ Ponies. I know someone's going to say it. It seems like the guy has posted a warning against them, but someone is still gonna do it.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Gurren Lagann
Code Geass

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
uneek said:
Popadoo said:
uneek said:
Please I beg of you, people. For the love of God, do not bring up the show that must not be named. You know the one. The one that causes flame wars. That one certain show based on that certain toy with that certain fanbase. NO, I don't care if it's great and that he might just enjoy it. Please, keep this from turning ugly.

That being said, Adventure Time is pretty nice.
Toys? OOOHHH... you mean transformers, right?
Seriously though, it's a good show.
OT: ''The show that must not be named'' is an obvious choice, although I can understand if you're a little put off. I myself usually skip the opening sequence because it's sickeningly girly. The names of characters and the letter at the end of each episode I can put up with, but that intro...*Shiver*
Or Adventure Time. One of the only shows I still watch on Cartoon Network.
I skip the intro too. Though, only because I'm afraid it'll get stuck in my head forever.

I used to wonder what friend...

NO!
If it bothers you that much, you could try this alternative version:

OT: I dunno whether you'd be able to find them readily, but the older CN cartoons like Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends and the Powerpuff Girls all come with a hearty recommendation from me. They may not have so much in the way of plot, but they are all very entertaining.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Witch Hunter Robin it is by far my favorite anime series. The only problem with it is that it is too short.

Freechoice

Dec 6, 2010
Megas XLR because

Yeah, there's like no continuity to make characters or the story any deeper than they already are, but fuck it. Chicks dig Giant robots.

ElPatron said:
Ghost in The Shell.

If you can handle the dialogue, that is.
He speaks the truth

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
In the anime department...
Outlawstar, Code Geass, and Death Note.

For western animation...
Adventure Time, MLP, and Metabots.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I'd say Venture Brothers, since it's possibly the second best show on TV. The first being Dexter of course.

BlackEagle95

Apr 3, 2011
I second Code Geass. Like seriously, it's one of the Best in my opinion.

I also recommend Samurai Jack. Great art style and great action. I will always love that show. Except entire episodes with almost no dialogue (If I recall correctly, there is one where the only spoken words are "Thank you". That's it.) but a story that might never leave you. Always be ready for an epic battle scene.
That whole thing is Nostalgia talking, but it is really good, even now.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Let's see... in terms of anime, there's Trigun and GunXSword, both of which are similar in nature if you ask me. I enjoyed the Full Metal Panic series for it's comedy and use of action, even if the last series (The Second Encounter) really tried to be too dark against the rest of the show. Excel Saga was pretty good.

I'm not sure about other animations. My Little Pony isn't that bad, but isn't as great as many people seem to think it is if you ask me. You could always fall back on the series I loved when I was younger. Dexter's Lab, 'Ed, Edd, and Eddy,' Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and those kind of shows. Most of those are more children oriented though.

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
uneek said:
Please I beg of you, people. For the love of God, do not bring up the show that must not be named. You know the one. The one that causes flame wars. That one certain show based on that certain toy with that certain fanbase. NO, I don't care if it's great and that he might just enjoy it. Please, keep this from turning ugly.

That being said, Adventure Time is pretty nice.
Would it be My little pony: Friendship is magic per chance?

Mwahahahahahaha sorry but couldn't resist the chance, too good to pass up.

As for the op, the hub as G.I. Joe, transformers Prime, which is now in season 2, batman: TAS and beyone, and disney has the avengers earth's mightest heros, and CN has Generator rex, ben ten (though that serious is far past its prime), and um... i forget, rarely watch that channel nowdays.

or find a show thats been taken offair and watch it on youtube, or find Dvds for it.

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
Shadowstar38 said:
In the anime department...
Outlawstar, Code Geass, and Death Note.

For western animation...
Adventure Time, MLP, and Metabots.
Metabots is western? Always thought it was a cheap anime. Now excuse me, I need to find another child to pretend to be an internationally wanted master-criminal in a massive tournament while the real one sells hotdogs.

For my picks... Outlaw Star, Code Lyoko, Teen Titans, Justice League, Young Justice and We still don't know the name of the flower we saw last summer (I'm too lazy to look up the un-translated name, but watch for the amazing characters, wonderful story and kick-ass opening)

Edit: Invader Zim!

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
The Boondocks is really awesome. It's on Netflix and it's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.

Digitaldreamer7

Sep 30, 2008
Naruto - Great character development, LONG stories, VERY long series. It's not scifi or western but it meets all of your other qualifications.

Breaker deGodot

Apr 14, 2009
If you want awesome action, then Cowboy Bebop is the way to go.
Conversely, if you want your heart broken into a million tiny pieces by episode 10, then give Kanon a look.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
I can't belive it hasn't been mentioned yet...Samurai Jack. I suck at really explaining things so I leave it to you do some research.