A simple discussion amongst Pony fans.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Disclaimer: This thread is intended to be a discussion between people who are fans of the show. If you have nothing nice to say about the show or about us, please simply leave.

Ok, so as we all know, there have been (quite) a few threads the past week or so asking us why we love this show. There is nothing wrong with other people being curious, but it has been difficult to discuss amongst ourselves without derailing someone else's thread.

I would simply like to ask you all a few questions related to yourself and this show.

How did you first get into the show?
How deep into the fandom do you get?
Do you have limits on how deep into the fandom you will go?
What is your favorite pony-related picture?

As for me, I first got into My Little Pony in a "what's with all the ponies?" threads around a month and a half ago. I had heard of it before, but I finally decided to see what was so great about a show about cartoon ponies. Obviously I liked it.

I get more into the fandom than I originally thought I would. I often find myself on Equestria Daily reading fanfics (even the notorious grimdark one) which is something I've never done. I especially enjoy the authors who create their own little canon within the show's universe. I enjoy seeing the fanart that other people can draw and it makes me wish I could draw as well. I also really enjoy all the remixes and music that people create based on the show.

As for places I will not venture, I refuse to read clopfics or look at Rule 34. I also cannot bring myself to shoehorn words such as "anypony" or "somepony" into my speech.

Lastly, my favorite picture would have to be
Also, if your pictures happen to be large, please spoiler them. I makes less clutter and it helps the page load faster.

Feel free to ask each other more questions as well.

EDIT: A new question, originally asked by Dumori. What is your favorite moment or episode? Or both?

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
First experience was the Elder Scrolls VI: Equestria Trailer.
Never even heard of the show before then. Also found this video in the Escapist news section.

I watched the first episode after it was posted in the pony avatar thread in March. Then watched the next 16 straight after, in one go.

Don't really go any deeper than the group here. Although I made some drinks based on the ponies. That was a good night.

I wont go near anything that is fan made basically. Don't read fanfics (with one exception, at least when its finished), or for the most part go looking for pictures unless I need them for a post, which isn't very often.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
DJDarque said:
What is your favorite pony-relate picture?
A) It started with the parody videos (Pony Effect 2 and, Pony Scrolls VI: Equestria). My GF also talked about watching the show and while I was down south a couple weeks ago, I saw my first episode (ep:21. Don't remember the title but it involved buffalo). I didn't care for that one but then I saw the one in which Rarity is kidnapped by the Diamond Dogs. That was the one that turned me fan.

B) I think I've seen all Season 1 episodes but that's about all. I've only seen a couple more than once.

C) I would rather not spend money on MLP and doubt that I will have to.

D)

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Similar to OP... Except for me, this only happened about a week and a half ago. I was suggested Episode 4: Applebuck Season. Watched the whole episode, thought that it was ok for a kids show, then left. But eventually curiosity got the better of me, and I watched all 23 episodes (only 23 were out at that point) in a night.
First 7 episodes or so, I was literally saying aloud "Why am I still watching this?!" (I wasn't watching with other people, I was saying this to myself :S ) with a stupid grin on my face as I clicked the next episode. After that, I stopped resisting, and watched the rest of the episodes, laughing and smiling along the way. ^_^

Any thread about Ponies with people trying to diss the show, I maaay... adorn an Applejack style of writing and try to spread around some love and toleration. >_>
Other than that, just a (relatively) big fan of the show. May check out some of the more innocent good-natured fanfics at some point...

EDIT: Oh, yea. And I've had the same avatar since I joined this site. That pic was also my background for every computer I've ever had except my current desktop (it's still the background for my current laptop). But 2 days after watching, I changed it to the "Favourite Pony-Related Picture", then to my current avatar.
Sooo... I've loved shows before, but not to the extent of changing my avatar. Until recently... ^_^

At this point, I can't tell... Ask again in a couple months. :p

(Even more EDIT: Oh, but after looking at some other posts, yea I agree... No rule 34 for me... :S )

<spoiler=Rainbow Dash>http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/4939/130093698626.jpg

May put up some of my favourite Applejack reaction pics in a future post or edit, but for now, just Rainbow Dash. ^_^

Dumori

Dumori(masoddaa)
May 28, 2010
I can't recall when MLP hit me but it was earlier in the year. Fandom wise I get the gags and injokes but I don't have the time to delve deep with my gaming addiction and other more real issues. My fav pic has to be the Rainbow Dash dark side of the moon one.

Best part has been turning others in to rabbid fans. A good chunk fo my social group are in on it amusing by me telling someone I know wouldn't lynch me for it and then them doing the same.

I have too add what is your favorite episode or moment? Do both if majorly different. Moment wise I'm tied with the epic pie fight and the montage with apple-bloom and Rainbow Dash. As for my EP of choice I'm quite stumped but Fulttershy focused ones tend to be awesome.

Miles000

Apr 18, 2010
Dumori said:
Best part has been turning others in to rabbid fans.
Oh yes. That warm feeling after a successful assimilation.
Pure win.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Dumori said:
I can't recall when MLP hit me but it was earlier in the year. Fandom wise I get the gags and injokes but I don't have the time to delve deep with my gaming addiction and other more real issues. My fav pic has to be the Rainbow Dash dark side of the moon one.

Best part has been turning others in to rabbid fans. A good chunk fo my social group are in on it amusing by me telling someone I know wouldn't lynch me for it and then them doing the same.

I have too add what is your favorite episode or moment? Do both if majorly different. Moment wise I'm tied with the epic pie fight and the montage with apple-bloom and Rainbow Dash. As for my EP of choice I'm quite stumped but Fulttershy focused ones tend to be awesome.
This is definitely my favorite moment from the show.
I'm not sure about favorite episode.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Miles000 said:
Dumori said:
Pure win.
I turned someone into a fan simply by using Derpy Hooves in a game of 21 questions. His curiosity got the better of him. It is indeed an amazing feeling.

Miles000

Apr 18, 2010
DJDarque said:
Miles000 said:
Dumori said:
Pure win.
I turned someone into a fan simply by using Derpy Hooves in a game of 21 questions. His curiosity got the better of him. It is indeed an amazing feeling.
Ah, I went the subtle approach.
Showing them spoofs of trailers from the show and when they said they were interested in the show and that we should start watching.
BAM! I've actually been watching it for weeks. Have an episode.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
I saw a large amount of pony avatars on this site, so I decided I would have a look. So I watched one episode...then I watched anoughter...and anougther. Soon I was hooked, lost in a world of freindship and rainbows.

I'm thinking of going as a male version of rainbow dash to my next party. That should answer your question.

Look back at last question. There is your answer.

Miles000

Apr 18, 2010
Scarecrow 8 said:
I saw a large amount of pony avatars on this site, so I decided I would have a look. So I watched one episode...then I watched anoughter...and anougther. Soon I was hooked, lost in a world of freindship and rainbows.

I'm thinking of going as a male version of rainbow dash to my next party. That should answer your question.

True dedication. I don't think I would go quite that far myself. Your a brave pony.
On that note I saw a pic of someone cosplaying Derpy.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
Miles000 said:
Scarecrow 8 said:

True dedication. I don't think I would go quite that far myself. Your a brave pony.
On that note I saw a pic of someone cosplaying Derpy.
I'll be going as more gritty version of rainbow dash. Goggles, black coat and boots and rainbow hair and wings. It's going to be awesome!

Edit: Kinda like this:

snakeakaossi

Mar 18, 2010
I first heard about this show on this forum about 2 weeks ago. I saw the first 2 episodes and I liked it mostly because it makes the world seem such a happy place. I will not get too much into fandom, mostly because I have the feeling I shouldn't be watching it since I am a 25 year old male. I pretend not to watch it, but at the same time I try to get my friends to watch it who, generally speaking have the same reaction to the lines of "Yeah, I've heard about it, maybe I'll watch it, but... it's My Little Pony "

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
Naturally I had a look into the show after a few pony threads started popping up. Found it quite enjoyable, a nice lighthearted change of viewing. I don't go beserk over them, and I won't change my avatar (have thought about it though), but I certainly enjoy it, and some of the pictures people come up with can be pretty cool. My favourite episode is probably Dragonshy, because I just adore Fluttershy.

Dantness

Apr 11, 2011
From the escapist. I saw threads, and did not believe it at first, so I had to check it out. My little sister thinks I'm crazy, but oh well. I love those ponies! And I never thought I'd have such feelings for a cartoon pony... I just love Rainbow Dash.
I just actually spent the past *checks* three hours looking at pony blogs and fan fics. I think rule 34 for this is creepy though. That's where the perverts come into play I believe.
What is your favorite pony-related picture?

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
...now, I wouldn't say I love the show, per se, or that I'm a huge fan... but I am a fan, and I do find it to be worth watching. That said:

-...I got into the show when I heard on this site that there was a gorefic out there somewhere. I read "Cupcakes", and found it hilarious, so I figured I'd watch the show for some context. It was good enough that I now follow it occasionally on YouTube.

-The fandom is sorta what I follow, more so than the show itself (though I have watched it all... just got episode 24 today). I love the meme, I love how twisted some of the fans can be... but it's just a minor diversion for me.

-My limits? There will never be money involved. If I stop being able to watch the show on free hosting sites, I'll stop watching the show (I don't have TV service at all)... and I avoid any rule 34/furry garbage. Sex jokes, sure. Sexualized images, though... ew.

-favorite pic of the moment:
I have a concept for a picture that I'm too lazy to put together that would become my instant favorite, though. Basically, it would have screencaps of Spike riding each of the main characters, mashed together like this [http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/169/vlcsnap2011042701h38m33.png], with the caption "Spike always goes bareback".

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Scarecrow 8 said:

That is indeed true dedication.

Areani

Dec 18, 2008
My first experience with the ponies were probably with those spoof trailers of Mass effect and Skyrim. Later I found an entry about it on Knowyourmeme and watched the first episode there. And then I watched 20 more and needless to say I love it :3

I visit Equestria Daily several times a day and read a lot of fanfiction, chat with the fans and watch fanmade videos on youtube. Might change avatar soon if I can find one I really like.

I avoid 34 like the plague, and I tend to avoid the grimdark fanfictions since "Cupcakes" *shudder*

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I was turned by a friend on Steam, I then have turned several others to the cause.

Because it's not just the show that's awesome. Everyone who is open minded enough to enjoy the show are fantastic and awesome people!

Also, Pinkie Pie for the win. She is just so awesome and crazy in her randomness. Kinda like me, which is why I like her!

Also; No, I have no limits