A slightly different zombie thread

E-mantheseeker

Nov 29, 2008
By clicking on the spoiler box, you will see the unabridged version of this thread. I did this for the convenience of those who don't want to read a whole lot.

Scenario: There is a zombie problem in the world as we know it, thankfully due to all the zombie movies, comics, etc... we've experienced throughout the years, the world has become "zombie savvy" and we've been able to hold off an all out zombie apocalypse for about 3 years.

However, it's apparent that despite how efficient the world has been with zombie control, we are only holding off the inevitable, as evident by news reports that the number of zombie outbreaks are increasing every year.

Here's where the wizard comes in.

A wizard appears in your room and informs you that he has the power to transport every zombie infected human to another Earth in a parallel universe, in fact he has been doing so for quite some time. The problem is that he cannot use his wizardly power to terminate a life (zombie-life included) so he is burdened with having to continuously transport the infected to a different earth in hopes that that particular Earth will be able to eliminate the zombie problem once and for all.

Due to his methods he will only transport the zombies if someone of that particular Earth tells him to do so, and you are that someone now. So, will you tell the wizard to rid your Earth of zombies by transporting them to another Earth and possibly dooming them, or sacrifice your Earth for the sake of all the others?

Note: the wizard has informed you that although there are infinite parallel Earths his power is drained each time and he cannot do this forever, so sooner or later he will run out of power and there might be an Earth that will succumb to total zombie control.

*abridged version*

Our Earth has been infected by zombies and although we have held back total world infection for a while, it'll eventually happen.

A wizard appears to you and offers to transport the zombies to an alternate universe Earth. This other Earth may or may not succeed in ridding themselves of the zombies but your Earth will definitely be safe.

So, will you tell the wizard to rid your Earth of zombies by transporting them to another Earth and possibly dooming them, or sacrifice your Earth for the sake of all the other Earths?
`
Note: the wizard has informed you that although there are infinite parallel Earths his power is drained each time and he cannot do this forever, so sooner or later he will run out of power and there might be an Earth that will succumb to total zombie control.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Rev Erebus said:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
I'm surprised you managed to stay here for this long with posts like that.

OT: I send them to the other Earths. Why should I care what happens to them, if they are in another dimension?
But more importantly, if he's a wizard, why can't he just kill all the zombies for me with one magic spell?

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
If the other Earth couldn't handle the zombies, then the Wizard would just show up and give them the same choice. So you're not condemning them to death. This choice isn't hard at all.

ShameSpear

Feb 4, 2009
Wait, like an alternate universe Earth, or another planet similar to Earth? And who says that that bastard wizard isn't the one who gave us the zombies in the first place?
Either way, send em. Like I care about my alternate self the same amount I believe it exists.

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
If the other Earth couldn't handle the zombies, then the Wizard would just show up and give them the same choice. So you're not condemning them to death. This choice isn't hard at all.
ASK THE WIZARD!

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
That's a pretty big what if, bro.

OT: Fuck the other Earth, why do we care about them? I mean technically they're not even on the same plain of existence as us if they're in an alternate dimension so we don't exist to them, and they don't exist to us, so it wouldn't matter anyway.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
The other dimension.
The thing about dimensions are that they are the same as ours.

So there's a wizard in their universe too.
Get my point?
...So there's a giant wizard army spanning across all of the dimensions?
I'm scared now.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Can we just send the zombies to Zombie Earth? that way everyone wins. We get rid of the zombies, the zombies get to go to a familiar home

GoldenCondor

May 6, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
The wizard's power weakens each time, the OP wrote. So it turns into a massive game of Hot Potato.

E-mantheseeker

Nov 29, 2008
LordCuthberton said:
0p3rati0n said:
Internet Kraken said:
ASK THE WIZARD!
I WANT HEART FOR THE ROBOT I AM

OT: Am the only one who is majorly confused about this thread?
Basically, if our world was infected by zombies and a wizard offered to send all the zombies to an alternate Earth in another dimension, would you?

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
As said in the spoiler. The wizard doesnt have the power to keep transporting the zombies and therefore one of the earths will finally be wiped out by the zombies. Kind of like pass the parcel with undead people.

OT: I would send them to the other earths. My earth > Every other earth

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
LordCuthberton said:
0p3rati0n said:
Internet Kraken said:
ASK THE WIZARD!
I WANT HEART FOR THE ROBOT I AM

OT: Am the only one who is majorly confused about this thread?
wait there's a thread! WHERE?!

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
E-man: I gotta ask, are you on acid or something? Do you just have a lot of spare time? And there are a ton of ifs in this question, so many that in my opinion you could just make shit up and it wouldn't matter.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
GoldenCondor said:
Internet Kraken said:
The wizard's power weakens each time, the OP wrote. So it turns into a massive game of Hot Potato.
That wasn't there when I read it.

Well then I would still send them to the other Earth. Why would I let myself die so that people I don't know can live?

Plus this is just another one of those scenarios that is just two ridiculous. Why can't the wizard just teleport them into the void of space?