A solution for too many versus threads? An ulitmate versus thread perhaps?

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Versus threads seem to be breeding like rabbits (aware of the irony of creating this one), but perhaps we could create a collective thread (for discussion rather then polling). One where anyone could create their own "blank vs blank" and others could comment and argue.

If favorable, I'd like to start off with Batman versus the Comedian (from Watchmen). I think that would be a spectacular fight to see.

My moneys on the Comedian, unpredictable nature, armour piercing bullets and more than 40years of military/crime fighting experience would beat ninja/detective skills and expensive gadgets. But thats just me.

Anyone else?

Edit: Just realised in true Australian fashion I used questions as statements in the title.

Jul 9, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Or we could just round up and execute the versus thread creators.
Doesn't that seem much more reasonable to you?
Uh...sure Max, sure. Now play with this shiny red ball while I get your straight jacket back on you.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
It definately seems more fun.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
orannis62 said:
MaxTheReaper said:
Uh...sure Max, sure. Now play with this shiny red ball while I get your straight jacket back on you.
Don't tell me that you misplaced the jacket...

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
MaxTheReaper said:
They came for the relationship advice threads and I did nothing, they came for the gun threads and I did nothing, they came for the versus thread and I still did nothing, they came for me and...wait no need to inact Godwin's law.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Ha, you have a higher post count than most of the mods. That's...unnerving.

Well, I'm just glad I was there at the beginning, to watch you grow from a timid little n00b to the...whatever you are today. Awwwww.

@topic: Why do we need versus threads? Are people getting something out of these I'm missing?

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Ooh, ooh, can I use the Gravity Gun? It's so very fun to beat them to death with mattresses!

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Bans would be more practical.

There will always be vs threads because there will always be inept posters. Getting rid of inept posters is a stopgap measure that can have some short term effect, but there's nothing that can keep a forum both clear of bad posters and populated with good/tolerable ones at the same time. Finding a good balance between letting things run their course and bringing the hammer down is an art that some mods do well and some do horribly.

Jul 9, 2008
Bored Tomatoe said:
orannis62 said:
MaxTheReaper said:
I got it, I got it! Now if he just stays distracted I can get it back on him...

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
MaxTheReaper said:
Ooh, ooh, can I use the Gravity Gun? It's so very fun to beat them to death with mattresses!
What if we had the two competitors of the versus thread take turns ripping their fingernails off? And then they could cut off their eyelids and pour salt in!

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
orannis62 said:
Bored Tomatoe said:
orannis62 said:
MaxTheReaper said:
I got it, I got it! Now if he just stays distracted I can get it back on him...
Ok, I'll jingle the keys...

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
BrynThomas said:
MaxTheReaper said:
They came for the relationship advice threads and I did nothing, they came for the gun threads and I did nothing, they came for the versus thread and I still did nothing, they came for me and...wait no need to inact Godwin's law.
Great Godwins law reference. Anyway that aside if we do round up all the VS thread creators I recommend puting them in an arena and having the fight to the death. It's poetic justice.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Bored Tomatoe said:
Flying-Emu said:
MaxTheReaper said:
What if we had the two competitors of the versus thread take turns ripping their fingernails off? And then they could cut off their eyelids and pour salt in!
This.

I got Bored Tomatoe's straight-jacket too Orannis. Looks like he's gonna be a fighter this time.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Bored Tomatoe said:
Nah, nah, nah, too easy. We should have them flogged and then decapitate them with toothbrushes.

Off-topic (like we could get much farther...), we're horrible, sadistic people...

Jul 9, 2008
Gxas said:
Bored Tomatoe said:
Flying-Emu said:
MaxTheReaper said:
This.

I got Bored Tomatoe's straight-jacket too Orannis. Looks like he's gonna be a fighter this time.
Ah hell, I can't put up with this, get the sedative.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Gxas said:
Bored Tomatoe said:
Flying-Emu said:
MaxTheReaper said:
This.

You'll never take me! Those armed gaurds outside my cell are very rude... Hm? Oh yeah, the resisting: *grabs random hipster* I'm leaving this place, and if you don't want hipster blood all over your floral patterned walls, then you had better let me leave! *runs off giggling and clicking heels*

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
bodyklok said:
BrynThomas said:
MaxTheReaper said:
Great Godwins law reference. Anyway that aside if we do round up all the VS thread creators I recommend puting them in an arena and having the fight to the death. It's poetic justice.
That ironic, whereas this scares me:

Flying-Emu said:
Bored Tomatoe said:
Nah, nah, nah, too easy. We should have them flogged and then decapitate them with toothbrushes.

Off-topic (like we could get much farther...), we're horrible, sadistic people...