a tf2 movie yes or no

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
masakoz said:
i was think along the line of haveing the voices done by the voice actor who do them in tf2 and vavle makeing the vid
Perhaps you were, but name me one film of game that actually uses the proper voice actors. In fact, find me a film of game that even uses the same plot as it's source material (I think Tomb Raider is as close as it's ever going to get).

No movie studio would take interest without some big celebrity carrot dangling in front of them. Similarly they would never allow anyone but a summer dumb-buster writer to create the screenplay, it would be doomed.

Flying Pilgrim

Apr 24, 2009
The "Meet The Team" videos are pretty good,here is a good one for a example. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTj6tauY1JU

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
What would it be about? A ragtag crew of mercenaries fighting their identical twins dressed in blue?

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
haha, someone asking for a game to be made into a movie.

I like the little episode, I guess little more episodes on the characters would be fun as well.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
iJosh said:
NoMoreSanity said:
No, the "Meet the..." videos are good enough.
Agreed. Meet the heavy is total pwnage. ;)
I think Meet the Heavy is the weakest of the bunch, followed by Meet the Demo.

Meet the Soldier is pure genius, kudos to Vavle for making a Farm/Zoo joke out of Sun Tzu.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
It could work, as long as they stick to the same format the "Meet The __" are done.

Speaking of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTj6tauY1JU

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
I'm gonna put my vote in with "yes". Something like this could totally work.

Doctor_Fruitbat

Apr 11, 2009
A measured scattering of minisodes would be absolutely perfect. The Meet The... videos are good, but are primarily to promote the character classes, so a few more minisodes that keep the humour and dialogue but with less of a 'look at what he can do!' structure would make me happy. Definitely not a feature film; short and punchy is the TF2 way.

DrScoobs

Mar 6, 2009
somehow, i dont think so. it's sense of humor works as a short. but not as a fully fledged movie. what would they be doing anyway?

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
yes, it could be like X-men origins except not a let down.
You follow the backstory of each of the 9 classes as they eventually meet up and wind up working for BLU/RED. Then you could have a massive twist at the end.

kitsunegunner

Apr 14, 2009
i think a mini series is best maybe have a plot of blu hanging in their base fighting reds every once in a while and mostly having to deal with the their quirky teammates

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
...What?

No. Don't be stupid.

kitsunegunner said:
i think a mini series is best maybe have a plot of blu hanging in their base fighting reds every once in a while and mostly having to deal with the their quirky teammates
They already made it. It's called Red vs Blue. Oh yess I went there.

/thread