A thread about Xbox being Stupid

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Ninja Theory did not "make doghsit" lol...
Compared to the other one he was referring to it may as well be. Maybe a polished turd is more appropriate, since it seems the biggest thing going for it is looking awesome.
The game is beautiful looking, but the game play is average at best. It's a tech demo game. Like I said before, I don't want anything bad happening to NT. They should have been an animation studio. I.
Know Marty (Second Wind) likes this game fine and he appreciates the shorter run time. I can agree with them on that one.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
We have to consider more than just the new game. Ninja Theory made DMC and other successful games.
Edit to add: and even with Hellblade, it's certainly a unique thing and involves vision and passion. Sure let's make fun of it for being a walking sim- I certainly have and will, nor will I play it- but "dogshit" is, like, Redfall or whatever.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Ninja Theory made DMC and other successful games.
Edit to add: and even with Hellblade, it's certainly a unique thing and involves vision and passion. Sure let's make fun of it for being a walking sim- I certainly have and will, nor will I play it- but "dogshit" is, like, Redfall or whatever.
Recap:
  • Heavenly Sword turned up average in sales.
  • Enslaved sold below expectations for Namco, who published the title.
  • DmC has positive reviews fro. critics but did not do well on the home market. It was supposed to sell 2 million copies within the first few months, but Capcom had adjust for half of that. It didn't come close to match the sales of DMC4, and the DE version sold even less. With DMC4SE making more than double that.
  • Hellblade 1 Is really their only successful game, but the costs were high.
  • That 1 multi player game they did for Xbox One failed and got shut down.
  • Hellblade 2 Success is up in the air as we don't got any digital readings for downloads posted yet. Microsoft Sa.
  • Ys, they are satisfied, but they've been flippant lately I semi barely trusted
The game I wouldn't call dog crap either, but the game is pretty average overall. High production values and audio aside.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Short terms: Outlook not good.
  • Sebastian covers the same mistakes MS keep making over and over again.
  • Chasing trends 4 years too late or doing something thinking. They'll be instantly popular for it.
  • They're hypocritical stances on Sony's exclusivity, when MS had no problems holding exclusive content/deals with COD and exports during gen 7.
  • MS is keeping Ninja Theory of their motion capture technology and equipment.
  • Sebastian calls out bootlickers and dick suckers shifting blame from MS to most of the devs who did their job, or went above and beyond only to get laid off for a quick %. The same thing can happen to the studios you care about.
  • MS is running away from infinite debt, instead of chasing "infinite growth". Those acquisitions cost large sums of money.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Sebastian calls out bootlickers and dick sucker's shifting blame from MS to most of the devs who did their job, or went above and beyond only to get laid off for a quick %. The same thing can happen to the studios you care about.
It's these morons who really get my goat. They're so desperate to defend Daddy Corporation that they'll twist logic into all sorts of pretzels to form excuses. After all, are you a true XBox fan if you ever say a bad word about Microsoft?!

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
It's these morons who really get my goat. They're so desperate to defend Daddy Corporation that they'll twist logic into all sorts of pretzels to form excuses. After all, are you a true XBox fan if you ever say a bad word about Microsoft?!
I'd argue you can't be an Xbox fan at all until you've talked shit about Microsoft. Its like a rite of passage or a secret handshake.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I'd argue you can't be an Xbox fan at all until you've talked shit about Microsoft. Its like a rite of passage or a secret handshake.
The amazing thing about MS is that despite rarely appearing to do much right, they're the largest corporation in the world by market cap.

Obviously, this is mostly about holding a quasi-monopoly on computer OS and Office software, and I think it's right up there on cloud computing (which might not have anything like the same visibility). But many of those products it's relied on have had plenty of duff moments, and most of the time it tries to get in on other things, it does not go well. Although I would say that Xbox has, generally, been one of its overall successes.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
The amazing thing about MS is that despite rarely appearing to do much right, they're the largest corporation in the world by market cap.

Obviously, this is mostly about holding a quasi-monopoly on computer OS and Office software, and I think it's right up there on cloud computing (which might not have anything like the same visibility). But many of those products it's relied on have had plenty of duff moments, and most of the time it tries to get in on other things, it does not go well. Although I would say that Xbox has, generally, been one of its overall successes.
I don't disagree with that sentiment but I'd say the most unqualified success of them is the Xbox360. The original Xbox was good, and showed real teeth with Halo 1 and 2 but it really hit its competitive stride with the 360 against the PS3, kicking its arse handily on price, exclusives, backwards compatibility and easy of development. A stride they well and truly fucked up by shooting out both their kneecaps with the XboxOne and almost everything about it. And now the Xbox Series X/S has been nothing short of confused and largely direction-less.

Oh and they're single handedly driving the adoption of Linux based operating systems in the past couple of years thanks to Windows 11 being full of shit no one wants and more invasive than a facehugger.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Back then they capitalized on offering something extraordinarily useful to the business - and later personal - computing world at the right time. They’ve been riding that wave ever since, which is why they can afford to screw up other stuff left and right without it really hurting like it would other companies.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I don't disagree with that sentiment but I'd say the most unqualified success of them is the Xbox360. The original Xbox was good, and showed real teeth with Halo 1 and 2 but it really hit its competitive stride with the 360 against the PS3, kicking its arse handily on price, exclusives, backwards compatibility and easy of development. A stride they well and truly fucked up by shooting out both their kneecaps with the XboxOne and almost everything about it. And now the Xbox Series X/S has been nothing short of confused and largely direction-less.

Oh and they're single handedly driving the adoption of Linux based operating systems in the past couple of years thanks to Windows 11 being full of shit no one wants and more invasive than a facehugger.
Ironically enough the main reason they were able to do this is by launching earlier than they should have, which resulted in the billion+ dollar RRoD fiasco. The smartest thing Sony did at that time is not rush their system out the door, because that would’ve done them in. Microsoft blew their load with 360 early while Sony slowly and steadily got themselves back in the race with awesome exclusives, spearheading a relatively cheap (at the time) and feature-rich Blu-Ray player which helped drive adoption of that format, and topped it off with free online (even if it wasn’t nearly as robust yet as XBL).

By the time the successors were out, I think PS3 lifetime sales still wound up eclipsing the 360, which is pretty impressive all things considered. It was the closest thing to a “tortoise and the hare” scenario the industry has ever seen.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Ironically enough the main reason they were able to do this is by launching earlier than they should have, which resulted in the billion+ dollar RRoD fiasco. The smartest thing Sony did at that time is not rush their system out the door, because that would’ve done them in. Microsoft blew their load with 360 early while Sony slowly and steadily got themselves back in the race with awesome exclusives, spearheading a relatively cheap (at the time) and feature-rich Blu-Ray player which helped drive adoption of that format, and topped it off with free online (even if it wasn’t nearly as robust yet as XBL).

By the time the successors were out, I think PS3 lifetime sales still wound up eclipsing the 360, which is pretty impressive all things considered. It was the closest thing to a “tortoise and the hare” scenario the industry has ever seen.
This is equally important and very necessary information to keep in mind, thank you.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Microsoft is losing another key Xbox executive at the end of the month. Xbox chief marketing officer Jerret West is leaving Microsoft to join Roblox as its new CMO and head of market expansion. Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer confirmed the move in an internal memo to Xbox employees today, which was obtained by The Verge.

West previously spent eight years at Microsoft on the Xbox marketing side, before departing in 2011 and then eventually spending seven years at Netflix as the head of marketing. West returned to Microsoft in late 2019, leading the marketing for the launch of the Xbox Series S / X consoles.
West’s team is responsible for developing marketing plans for games, hardware, and Xbox Game Pass. Microsoft is now shuffling around some of its marketing teams in the wake of West’s departure, and there will be a new expanded central gaming marketing team under Kirsten Ward, VP of Xbox integrated marketing.

Spencer says the Microsoft Gaming leadership team has “decided to place marketing closer to the businesses they support” as a result of West’s departure. Games marketing will now sit inside the game content and studios division that’s led by Matt Booty. Xbox marketing, led by Chris Lee, will move to the Xbox org and report up to Xbox president Sarah Bond.

This is the second key Xbox executive resignation this year, after former head of Xbox emerging tech, Kareem Choudhry, left Microsoft in early April. Choudhry’s departure triggered a similar shake-up, with his former team moving to the Xbox hardware side. A new Xbox experiences and platforms team was created after Choudhry departed, with a push to improve the Xbox experience across Windows and Xbox consoles.
This latest marketing shake-up also comes around eight months after a big shake-up of Xbox leadership and amid continued changes to Microsoft’s gaming strategy. Microsoft promoted Bond to Xbox president in October, leading all Xbox platform and hardware work. Booty also got promoted to the president of game content and studios, including overseeing Bethesda and ZeniMax studios.