A thread for all things Positive.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
The Defense of Marriage act was just shot down. Victory for the gays~!
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/26/supreme-court/?hpt=hp_t1
<youtube=PjNia1vtyWg>

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
CriticalMiss said:
Hydrogen ions. Science lol :D
I was waiting for one of those. Now all we need is a picture of the positive side of a battery and a magnet and we'll have the whole stable!

purf

Nov 29, 2010
I've become a grass widower[footnote]Is that a word?[/footnote] this morning and with no kid or girlfriend around for the next 12 days, it's finally time again to get back to a game that works best in huge doses: Skyrim.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I don't find much anime that I enjoy but we gambled a chance viewing on a show called xxxHolic and it's turning out surprisingly well done. For the most part.

DragonKhan95

Oct 3, 2012
I reached the end of my five year old Xbox 360 hard drive. I bought a new one.

A NEW PHASE BEGINS IN MY LIFE

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I completed Silent Hill 2 last week, bloody hell it's a good game and it's made my gamer side really happy since then.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
I've got the day off with nothing to do, so I'm probably going to crack the seal on one of at least a dozen games in my backlog.

Or I might continue watching Bob's Burgers. It's making me happy.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
I've been replaying The Legendary Starfy on my 3DSXL. You can't find a game more positive, besides maybe a Kirby Game. I mean I'm a happy smiling Star swimming through rainbows to save a planet of bunnies.

Seriously, and its awesome.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
My bowels remain fully functional. It's totally awesome. Never let it be said that I don't appreciate things until I lose them.

Captain Corelli's Mandolin is a really good book.

Oh, right, games.

Well, I've gushed about these elsewhere, but The Last of Us was fucking superb and so was Bioshock Infinite. Superb in a "I actually feel mildly privilaged to have had the chance to play them" kind of way, which is nice.

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
I've been playing some JRPG's and really liking them! I've been wonderfully surprised!

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Internet, you shut up, Bioshock Infinite was wonderful. Not perfect, but I don't WANT perfection. Otherwise I'd only be playing the one game. It satisfied me immensely. Same goes for Dishonored. Same goes for the new XCOM.

I LOVE ALL THE GAMES YOU HATE.

Also Don't Starve. Don't Starve is easily one of my perennial favourites by now.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I've finally found a reason to take another shot at Touhou. Seriously, that's an awesome series, but I lost my motivation to play it for a while.

A game that inspires things like this is something truly special. Especially considering it's made by one guy. I finally found a reason to get back to an awesome game I let slip into my backlog - and that's something I can be happy about.

Oh yeah, and it also finally gave me a reason to take a look at Assassin's Creed on GoG. I hear that for all its faults in the gameplay and repetition and such, you get to do more assassinating than in any other game in the series - and that is something worth supporting.

And I got a copy of Fallout 3 GOTY from my dad. Even though I didn't really get into it the first time, I've never had a better reason to give a game a second chance, and now I know what to expect from it. So I've got quite a bit to be happy about.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
leet_x1337 said:
Oh yeah, and it also finally gave me a reason to take a look at Assassin's Creed on GoG. I hear that for all its faults in the gameplay and repetition and such, you get to do more assassinating than in any other game in the series - and that is something worth supporting.
Well...no. There's more assassinationing in AC2, really. But AC1 is a little more...uh...I want to say 'focused'? It doesn't have the same swashbuckling feel (or indeed variety) that AC2 has. I still loved AC1, didn't find it repetitive at all. Then again, I don't mind some repetition if the gameplay's enjoyable; it's nice not to be loaded down with gadgets, and just be sent out into a bustling city with a sword, throwing knives and the hidden blade, which is something AC Brotherhood and beyond would have done well to remember.

Really I feel AC2 is the pinnacle of the series, or at least a sequel in the truest sense, but then again it ain't available DRM-free.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Pink Gregory said:
Really I feel AC2 is the pinnacle of the series, or at least a sequel in the truest sense, but then again it ain't available DRM-free.
To be honest, I already played Assassin's Creed 2. The DRM doesn't bother me nearly as much as it did some people, though I can understand why it would. And yeah, it was pretty awesome - but now it'll finally make sense as well!

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Just beat Human Revolution and it's made me wanna play the original again. I forgot how much I loved these kinda games. I've just done a 4th playthrough of Dishonored and dug out mah Thief games as well.

I forgot how bleak the original Deus Ex was, though. It somehow seems even more dour after Human Revolution.

I just started Tales of Symphonia, too. I have a lot more free time now, so I'm gonna beat all those JRPGs I have that I haven't played much of.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
I am super pumped about the Xbox One, even more so with the DRM being dropped. I can't wait to have it so my wife and daughter can artificially inflate my gamer score with kid and casual games on Kinect and I really want to try out some of the personal trainer games I know will be released for it!

Kinect is fun, I have never understood the hatred of it.