ABC Releases First Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Spot

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
ABC Releases First Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Spot

Agent Coulson returns in a TV spot showcasing the television tie-in to The Avengers.

The Avengers was a success to the tune of new movies and a new television show. In August of 2012, ABC, also owned by Disney, ordered a pilot for S.H.I.E.L.D., a live-action television show written by Avengers-writer/director Joss Whedon and taking place alongside Disney's Marvel film franchises.

Eager to get the show moving, ABC <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121480-ABC-Fast-Tracks-Joss-Whedons-S-H-I-E-L-D-Series>fast-tracked the pilot in January of 2013, and a few days ago confirmed that it had <a href=http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/10/its-official-joss-whedon-and-marvels-agents-of-shield-ordered-to-series-by-abc>ordered a season of the show, now called Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which is set to debut this fall. Now, it has now released a full promo for eager fans to enjoy.

The TV spot, which aired during the season finale of Once Upon a Time, is pretty action heavy, showing off explosions, fast cars, and a few hints of superpowers here and there. It also features Gregg Clark, aka Agent Phil Coulson, who was previously confirmed to be returning to the role in spite of some unfortunate business in The Avengers. According to Couslon, who is still rocking the everyman cool he perfected in the Marvel films, "It's not just spy versus spy anymore. The whole world's in on the action."

It will be interesting to see where ABC, Disney and Marvel take Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Disney and Marvel already performed a feat in the creation of the interconnected film continuity that led The Avengers. Adding further complexity with an ongoing television series is another ambitious move and could easily serve as a platform for the launch of new superhero film and television franchises to bolster the company's growing stable of cash cows. All in all, it looks to be good news for fans, if only because Joss Whedon at the helm of a TV show is always fun. Here's hoping we get more than fourteen episodes of this one.

Source: <a href=http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/13/marvels-agents-of-shield-watch-the-first-promo?abthid=519043e90e812c6904000017>IGN

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I hope they bring in a lot of the SHIELD characters from the comics for this. It'd be great to see some of Hickman's Secret Warriors make appearances.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
To those who can't view it due to stupid region locked-
I have high hope for this series, if they do it right (which I guessing they will) we probably see alot of reference to the comic which I liked.

Dec 14, 2009
[The uploader has not made this video available in your country.]

Well fuck you America, I didn't want to see your stupid awesome show anyway.

EDIT: Saw unlocked verion.

Agent Coulson.

[HEADING=1]Awwwwww yeeeeeeeeeah![/HEADING]

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Thanks to our fellow posters so us non-americans are able to view this trailer.
Seriously, fuck you ABC.

Looks nice though, see if i can also get my hands on it.

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
"Don't touch Lola."

So Lola is the car? Will there be a scene somwhere on a snowy night, in which Coulson attempts to escape only to find the the battery has run down and the engine won't turn over? And then won't he have to say, "Run, Lola, run"?

I'm sorry, that was completely uncalled for. On the other hand, it's kind of hard to get anything useful out of a trailer like this.

Nowhere Man

Mar 10, 2013
Fuck region locking. What the hell is the purpose? It's ironic how these people want to push a global community and then turn around and pull that.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Sweet, I'll get right on... Wait, Fall? Somebody remind me in 4 months or whatever so I can set my DVR. Sheesh.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
More Coulson is always good. Given that Joss is at the helm it should be good (and hopefully won't get cancelled far too early).

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Video not available in the UK? Well, my money is not available in the US. *Shakes fist at ABC*

Thanks to those who posted non-locked vids, you're doing a better job at marketing this show than the creators. I was kind of interested in this but the trailer seems a bit meh. It's got snippets of Thor and Iron Man so will they actually be appearing in the show or was that to reinforce that it's a spin-off of The Avengers? Either way I probably won't watch it because it's either not going to be shown here at all or will take a year for someone at ABC to swim across the Atlantic with a copy to be broadcast.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
After getting Satellite TV channels back in 2000, I lost interest in the basic TV channels I grew up on. Looks like I'll be setting my DVR to ABC once Agents of SHIELD hits this fall. =)

vid87

May 17, 2010
As much as I'm interested, I'm a little worried about how (from what I've heard) this is even possible:

Coulson's alive because he never actually died - he faked it and was in on the "bloody cards" ruse to bring the Avengers together

That's the kind of WTF stupidity that sets a bad tone for me.