Abe's Oddysee Remake Becomes a Reboot

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Anyone else think Abe was super, super cute when they played it all those years ago? I may or may not have had a crush on him as a child.

>_>

<_<

General Michi

Sep 12, 2010
Llil said:
Also, I've been trying to find the PC version of Exoddus for years now, but no luck. A physical copy, because I'm cool like that. If anyone knows where to find one (other than ebay), then please, give me a hint.
Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/15710/]

Kodlak

Feb 5, 2009
OMG! I loved that game as a kid (although the sligs scared me a bit), be nice to have it refreshed a bit for the present.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
I got about 1/3 of the way through the game on PSN and successfully glitched it out to the point where I couldn't continue. I liked it, sort of, but I was a little thankful I didn't have to play it anymore. Even saving was such a chore.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Llil said:
Oddysee and Exoddus are the only games in the series I've played, because the others look like they don't have much of what I liked about the first two, so a new game in the style of the originals sound great. Hoping this gets a PC release as well.

Also, I've been trying to find the PC version of Exoddus for years now, but no luck. A physical copy, because I'm cool like that. If anyone knows where to find one (other than ebay), then please, give me a hint.

fanklok said:
Don't bother getting the originals on PC, it's miserable.
How so? I've played both the PC and the PS1 versions, and I didn't see much difference at all between them.
The controls don't translate to a keyboard very well, the only thing that was improved was each gamespeak command having it's own button.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Awesome news, one of my favourite games from when I was young, and hopefully they'll add a quicksave to oddyssey because that made Exoddus way more enjoyable (not having to repeat the samet thing time over time to get to the part youre stuck at).

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Colour me not impressed until they actually give us news on what's going on with Stranger's Wrath HD for PC. That still has yet to come and a LOT of people bought the Oddbox on Steam ith Stranger's Wrath being non functional.

Skillswords

Mar 25, 2009
heh, my first game i ever played as a small child was munch's Odyssey which came with my xbox, wasn't till another 5 years i played the original 2 games on the computer...

indeed, munch was the single reason i would later quit the football team and became the full on nerd i was...

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Hmmm... I think in the situation, there is only one thing I can say... And it's not even a word:

c|:¬¦D

This is great news, and I am excited!

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
I quite liked Abes Oddysee but I cant see myself buying it again I would much rather they continue the Oddworld series than reboot it Strangers Wrath was absolutely amazing easily my favourite game on the xbox I just wanted to see what they would come up with next.

anAngryHamster

Oct 17, 2011
Right in the childhood! I was 7 when Abe's Oddysee was released and I still don't know who bought it for me or why but even then I knew that there was no other game like it. A stealth/puzzle/platformer with a dark and juvenile sense of humor. Luring mudokons into meat grinders was as hilarious as it was disturbing. It took me ten years of lost memory cards, thinning patience, and the occasional leap of faith to finally beat it. Then I found out about Abe's Exoddus.