Absurd debates you have had

Sticky Squid

Dec 30, 2010
p3t3r said:
me my dad and my friend had a in depth discussion on what the difference between porridge and
Is this supposed to have oatmeal or something on the end?
If it is, I do wish to know the difference.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
jck4332 said:
p3t3r said:
me my dad and my friend had a in depth discussion on what the difference between porridge and
Is this supposed to have oatmeal or something on the end?
If it is, I do wish to know the difference.
ya it was suppose to say oatmeal i must have forgot spelling porridge was a challenge. up oatmeal is a meal made of oats.(not like a dinner meal but a like an edible part of an oat, meal) after you cook it with water or milk it becomes porridge. though if you grind it up to much it becomes out brand or you can have steal cut outs neither of which are oatmeal, and cannot become porridge. we looked it up in the dictionary to find this out by the way so it is legit

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Absurd debates? Take up Metaphysics in college. All the absurdity you need lies in there.

Quinadin

Oct 8, 2009
A friend and I quickly debated whether a super rabies induced zombie apocalypse was still a zombie apocalypse he said no because rabies =/= reanimated dead, I said It's all the fun of a zombie apocalypse with none of the long reaching effects since they'd die of starvation in a few days.

Idk who won, we went laughing to another topic after I said that.

BGH122

Jun 11, 2008
SilentCom said:
Having the mentality that marriage is outdated and pointless isn't a fair view, especially if it's because you're trying to emphasize religion (Abrahamic religion) as being outdated and pointless. If you really think about it, and if you don't believe in religion, then there isn't really any 'point' to existence. The concept of outdated is only the perception something has been around longer than you want and you merely want it to change. It is obviously apparent that many people still hold onto the concept of marriage, whether it is due to religion or not; therefore marriage is not 'outdated' for many.
And yet its statistical decline shows that more people than ever agree that it isn't a good idea. Outdated here means that it no longer fits in with current social mores. The fact that marriage rates are at their lowest (and declining) fits that definition perfectly. Sorry if you're religious or into marriage, but my statement was valid within the internal logic of the post; if you want to present marriage, and by extension the Abrahamic religions, as a social convention not in decline then you'd be better served by finding some stats to back you up than saying 'some people disagree' because I've never said they don't, just fewer and fewer people each generation since the middle of last century have been in the 'disagree' camp.

Marriage wasn't the norm until Abrahamic religions declared it the only way to live. Prior to that, archaeological evidence suggests, polygamy was the norm and guess what? Horses weren't eating each other. Life was pretty much the same, just with less technology. If you're happily married then that's brilliant! I support any lifestyle (as long as it doesn't harm another human being without his/her consent) that makes the individual happy. There's nothing wrong with marriage per se, there's something wrong with getting married more or less solely because society has made it the norm.