AC IV And Watch Dogs Will Have 60 Mins of PS3/4 Exclusive Content

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
This content isn't enough to make me want the PS3 version because I own all the previous console titles in the series on the Xbox 360 and getting it with the 360 works best with how I organise my gaming bookcase.

tangoprime said:
To all the XBox players complaining here... congrats, this is how ps3/pc gamers have felt with nearly every major release this generation that Microsoft paid off for a timed exclusive. Now the winds are changing, and the PS4 is going to be the one getting the exclusive stuff, enjoy.
Personally I think it would better if no one got a exclusive for third party content, timed or otherwise, the fact that Xbox 360 has had so many timed exclusives doesn't change this.

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
Riff Moonraker said:
IceStar100 said:
Berny Marcus said:
With Ubisoft having some financial problems after the poor performance of Blacklist, and Rayman, one would think they shouldn't resort to exclusiveness tactics like this.

I really hate it when content becomes exclusive to one console if it comes from a Third Party developer/publisher,
Sanunes said:
I am fine with content being limited to a console for a period of time and then released for the other later, that happened with the 360, but if this content will be a permanent exclusive to the Sony consoles I highly doubt I would buy the game. To me this is worse then Day 1 DLC, for we paid the exact same for the game, but because we didn't pick the right platform we get less content for our money.
Sadly I had this as a pre order for my Xbox and now I'll be asking for a refund. This makes me feel like I'm being cheated on my games. So yeah it went from a day one buy to a rent.
EXACTLY. Some might would say that they are trying to get more sales on the Playstation brand, since they already have the biggest sales on the Xbox. Fine, then give them some exclusive skins or something. But extra content? Yeah, you lost me as a customer, then. I hope ALOT of xbox fans do the same.
Such is life, I guess. The 360 was my console of choice for the vast majority of the last generation but that changed around 2011-12 where my previously barely used PS3 became the go to for nearly everything including better exclusives.

The PS4 is continuing the trend being the best option for this upcoming generation and I don't think staying with MS just because you are a fan of it's previous consoles is a wise move. When the shoe was on the other foot I bet most didn't complain, the sensible thing would be to switch consoles (or get both) - the Xbone is just underpowered and will likely have a smaller user base so you can't really complain about missing features or content.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
GoaThief said:
Such is life, I guess. The 360 was my console of choice for the vast majority of the last generation but that changed around 2011-12 where my previously barely used PS3 became the go to for nearly everything including better exclusives.

The PS4 is continuing the trend being the best option for this upcoming generation and I don't think staying with MS just because you are a fan of it's previous consoles is a wise move. When the shoe was on the other foot I bet most didn't complain, the sensible thing would be to switch consoles (or get both) - the Xbone is just underpowered and will likely have a smaller user base so you can't really complain about missing features or content.
Exactly. PS3/PC gamers had to deal with the same kind of thing during the 360's peak and I'm sure 360 gamers were just fine with it, now that's over. 360 gamers are having to deal with things like the weird GTA 5 install on their console, and have the kind of thing mentioned in this article to look forward to. Just switch to sony and stop being a fanboy. I currently have a PS3, 360, and Wii. Of those, the Wii is boxed up in the closet because nobody in the house has used it in over a year, the 360 is on a shelf by itself collecting dust until I feel like getting it repaired for the 3rd time, and my launch model fat PS3 is up and running because it's still working and we can use netflix without paying a ransom. Get with the times, it looks like Sony's on the upswing, embrace it.

Or just get both, and enjoy the early prowess the PS4 seems that it'll enjoy, and you'll still be all set if it isn't long lived.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Berny Marcus said:
With Ubisoft having some financial problems after the poor performance of Blacklist, and Rayman, one would think they shouldn't resort to exclusiveness tactics like this.

I really hate it when content becomes exclusive to one console if it comes from a Third Party developer/publisher,
This is no new tactic, the last two assassin's creed games have had "additional gameplay" on the playstation.