AC3!

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
New Assassin's Creed III has been announced for October!
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/02/15/assassin-39-s-creed-3-release-date.aspx

Bring on the new era (literally)...i wonder what it could be...

By the way, people complain a lot about how many AC games there are but i'm just stunned at how on earth they manage to release one every single year. I mean, i know that they've got the mechanics and all down, but it would still take ages to design a full city *cough* please do London *cough*

Raognerrrm

Apr 2, 2011
They said that they had been "Working on it for three years." Does that mean that Brotherhood and Revelations were side projects, or are they counting them as iterations?
Either way, I'll probably get it because I love the gameplay.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
To be honest I think they copy and paste a lot of the buildings, from other games and the same game. I always get the feeling that I have climbed this building just 5 seconds ago.

It's not like they are putting huge amounts detail into each building, they just position them differently to make new roads, towns etc. Just climb any tower to get the viewpoint 360 degree spin thing and then climb another, feels the same, right? They all have this thing where you can't climb straight up and end up circling the thing half a dozen times.

Changing the setting of the series wont exactly add anything new to the mix, except if they allow you to pull out a Tommy gun 'cos they have already given you a large arsenal to kill with.

Unless they make the game harder/combat more difficult (hold block, tap attack when attacked = win) and improve the stealth mechanics by actually adding stealth mechanics beyond "I am with 3 other people so I am invisible" or "I sat down so I am gone" the game wont have changed from the first one.

Dec 14, 2009
Jennifer Hale

Female Assassin

Victorian England

Do this Ubisoft or I will kill two hostages every hour.

[sub]I'm aware I've said the exact same thing every time an AC3 thread appears. They just won't listen.[/sub]

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
I was hoping that they wait a year or two in order to make significant improvements to the series, such as the improvements made between ac1 and ac2. Brotherhood and Revelations have added very little to the series, and what they have added is pointless padding i.e. tower defence mini-game, plus the yearly releases have made the formula quite stale.

Still I will reserve judgement till nearer release, and hope for a industrial era England setting.

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
Yeah the combat mechanics should definitely be made more challenging. My 10 year old brother is able to complete all of the games with little difficulty. Not saying anything against his skill as a gamer, but he's 10!

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
TopazFusion said:
The Artificially Prolonged said:
I was hoping that they wait a year or two in order to make significant improvements to the series
Trouble is, they've written themselves into a corner with the story.

Something BIG is supposed to happen in December 2012, according to the story. So it makes sense they will want to get the game out before then.
If the game is late, it will make the story significantly less climactic. (Much of Desmond's story supposedly takes place in September 2012)
True, that was my biggest concern for my hopes they would take their time with the game. I suppose in theory they could keep the 2012 story element in if the game was to be released after 2012. However I imagine the impact of the story would be lost after the whole 2012 craze dies down.

That said it did confuse me as to why they didn't make the two games between ac2 and ac3 as spin-offs with only slight connections to the main story line. As at this point the main story has been dragged out over 4 games, but I guess Ubisoft did strike gold with Ezio being such a popular character.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
Raognerrrm said:
They said that they had been "Working on it for three years." Does that mean that Brotherhood and Revelations were side projects, or are they counting them as iterations?
Either way, I'll probably get it because I love the gameplay.
I think they were mostly side projects. If you look at list of studios who worked on ACR most of them were B-list Ubisoft studios. I mean have you heard of any games made by Ubisoft Singapore? How about Ubisoft Bucharest? Both worked on ACB and ACR and are smaller studios owned by Ubisoft. I think most of the work was outsourced from Ubisoft Montreal who then proceed to focus on other projects like ACIII.

On another note I hope they actually spent three years working on ACIII and didn't just throw around ideas for two years and tried to make the game in one. I know that ideas are important but I do hope they have been building and programming the game for at least two of those three years. Maybe they worked on an upgraded engine.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Oh, I swear if Ubosoft uses Ezio again...

(I really just want a new character before His Backstory clogs up too much)

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Jennifer Hale

Female Assassin

Victorian England

[sub]I'm aware I've said the exact same thing every time an AC3 thread appears. They just won't listen.[/sub]
A man after my own heart. I'll keep you supplied with food and ammo during the hostage crisis.

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
If it's Desmond faffing about then:

If it's a brand new assassin story set in, lets say feudal Japan or revolutionary Russia then:

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
AC - had potential

AC2 - ZOMGCANTSTOPFUCKINGPLAYING

Brotherhood - Perfectly formed, but featuring a delayed and staling storyline

Revelations - Bored me to tears, added MORE features, all shit, all completely unnecessary, introduced ridiculous elements to the storyline that were clearly not planned before the game went into development, destroying completely the arc that had been set out for the trilogy they had originally planned to make

AC3 - will have to suck my dick to make me care

Revelations came out in November. AC3 will come out in fucking October. If you're a PC gamer, Brotherhood only came out in March of last year! They have shit all over a series that was interesting and unique. They've over-saturated a corner of the market entirely by themselves.

What they should have done:

AC in 2007, AC2 in 2009/10, AC3 in 2012. No Brotherhood or Revelations. AFTER that story arc was done, faff about with it as much you want.

Stupidity is a virus at the fucking company, I swear.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
So the third least underwhelming announcement of the year has happened (behind the next Battlefield and Call of Duty) and im supposed to be exited over a release date?

If i hear of feudal Japan or Victorian England as the setting, ill squee. Until then, the squee is sealed.

Also i hope to the highest theoretical heavens they cut out some of the fat they put in AC:Revelations.

Then at the very least, i now have 2 games to watch out for this fall.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Jennifer Hale

Female Assassin

Victorian England

As long as at some point Jack the Ripper is factored into the equation... possiblly as a rival assassin who was hired to try and find you by torturing, interrorgating and killing the ladies of the night that help you on your quests...! :p I think you may be onto something here!

Hell! They could go all out and bring an array of gentlemens canes/ladies umbrellas (possibly a choice of male/female character) with handy assasination tools in... and use the style of Bartitsu to fight with guards!

Also it could have fictional stuff in too! I'm talking Sweeny Todd/Sherlock Holmes(predictable from me I know, but you said Victorian London... I cannot help it!) worked in as actual characters! :p

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
I just can't keep up with it all. I mean wasn't Revelations just released like last year?

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I've played AC 1 and 2 but I skipped Brotherhood and Revelation. Do they add anything significant to the story or can I just jump to AC3?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Jennifer Hale

Female Assassin

Victorian England

Then you have to MAKE them listen!

...Stop looking at me! No! Get away!

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Jennifer Hale

Female Assassin

Victorian England

Dude! Ah! It makes perfect sense! The words don't say it enough. It's, I would, do you fancy setting up a Kickstarter for this?