Ace Attorney 6 Confirmed For September 2016 Western Release

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Ace Attorney 6 Confirmed For September 2016 Western Release

Capcom has confirmed that Ace Attorney 6 will be localized for a western release this year.

I've got some good news and bad news for Ace Attorney fans today. The good news is that Capcom has confirmed a western release date for the upcoming Ace Attorney 5 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/ace%20attorney%206?os=%20ace%20attorney%206], Spirit of Justice will be available as a digital download only.

"The title will be released as a digital download in the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems in North America and Europe in September this year at an MSRP of $29.99 / ?24.99 / €29.99," wrote Capcom in a press release. In addition, you can check out the new trailer above, made specifically for the English-language version of the game.

[gallery=6230]

Spirit of Justice sees defence attorney Phoenix Wright in a brand new location: the Chinese-inspired Kingdom of Khura'in. Meanwhile, his protege Apollo Justice is tasked with holding down the fort at the Wright Anything Agency. We know that many "familiar" characters will return in this game, so you can expect to see old favorites like the Judge, Detective Gumshoe and Tracy Wright.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
All I know is there's no way they can pretend Khurain is anywhere near California.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Awesome, a new reason to break out the 3DS again aside from just replaying Fire Emblem Awakening again. As much as I think that the entire Ace Attorney series has been declining in quality ever since Apollo Justice came out, it's still one of my top favourite game series. Really, games 1 through 3 are my go to examples of how to make a good trilogy.

I honestly think they should take a break from Phoenix in general at this point though. He was great don't get me wrong but like... he feels too strong for everyone else at this point? Keep him as the Mia of the series yeah but him as a playable character pushes all the new characters like Athena out of the spotlight. Imagine if in games 1 and 2, Mia just walked in and went "jk I got this, stand back m8" and immediately destroyed the entire case herself, ruining all of Phoenix's character development. That's what Phoenix feels like to me as of AA5.

I dunno what I thought about 5 though, like it's not bad but it uses every single trope I dislike in mystery stories (how many flashback cases do we need?) and it spent an entire case attempting to be Persona 4.

As someone who thinks Persona 4 is perfection incarnate, I cannot tell you how dumb that was. You're much better when you're being Ace Attorney instead of being Persona 4. I could write lines upon lines about how and why that falls flat on so many levels, oh my god it was so DUMB! I would love to take the case as its own story but I can't because there's Persona 4 everywhere I look. I thought I was being paranoid about the case being eerily Persona 4-esque until Athena literally says the words "reach out to the truth."

[sub][sub]Oh god whhhyyyyyyyy, it was so baaaaaaaad T_T[/sub][/sub]

Anyway, does anyone know if Athena makes a return in 6? Her Mood Matrix mechanic was one of my favourites.

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
FUCKING SOLD

I've only played the Ace Attorney game on the 3DS, but I loved it so much. I'm really excited to see that there's gonna be another one. Yes, I know that there are more than just these two, but they are the only ones I can bother to get because I'm lazy.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
The Wykydtron said:
Anyway, does anyone know if Athena makes a return in 6? Her Mood Matrix mechanic was one of my favourites.
Judging by this Japanese trailer, she will appear:

https://youtu.be/GlR9Cr7GOz8?t=1m6s

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
hentropy said:
All I know is there's no way they can pretend Khurain is anywhere near California.
Probably somewhere in Nevada. They're into weird shit there.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Bedinsis said:
The Wykydtron said:
Judging by this Japanese trailer, she will appear:

https://youtu.be/GlR9Cr7GOz8?t=1m6s
Oh yeah, my favorite AA Girl returns! Not that I wasn't gonna buy it anyway but i'm doubly buying it now!

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Sweet, finally a release date. And "Spirit of Justice"? 10/10, solid name.

I hope they do more with the dlc this time around. There was only ever 1 pack of outfits and 1 case for Dual Destinies.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Quellist said:
Oh yeah, my favorite AA Girl returns! Not that I wasn't gonna buy it anyway but i'm doubly buying it now!
Are you talking about Athena or the other returning gal from that trailer?

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Bedinsis said:
Quellist said:
Are you talking about Athena or the other returning gal from that trailer?
Oh Athena for sure! I know she's only been in the one game so far but she became my favorite pretty much the moment i saw her

senaji

Sep 28, 2014
I love this series! a great series of investigative game and advocacy. I hope this license will still continue a long time.