Achievements that Require the Least Amount of Effort

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Like already said, easiest is the Simpson game, for pressing start to get to the main menu from the title screen (Always wondered why games even have those...).

There was one in F.E.A.R. that was acquired when you killed yourself five times.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
If you delete all of your achievements on TF2, they come in waves for the first couple of days and they aren't too hard to get.

Tiddles

Jan 30, 2012
I think the impossible game rewards you for not giving up so just start the game and walk away. Return after an hour or so and the number of times you died should amount to a few achievements.

*EDIT - not achievements MEDALS whoopsie

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Human Revolution has an achievement for watching the end credits. However, it's a picture of JC Denton, so I'm not complaining.

My sister's High-School Musical: DANCE game has an achievement... for failing a song. I actually put it in on my account JUST so I could get that achievement.

Alone in the Dark on the 360 has an achievement for driving 100 miles. However, the distance doesn't reset if you have to go back to a checkpoint, and since the driving mechanics are so sticky you're likely to die a good 20 times on most plot-nessecary driving sections.

F.E.A.R. 2 on the 360 has an achievement for killing yourself 5 times... and it's worth 20G.
Killing yourself in F.E.A.R. 2 is already a reward enough so you don't have to endure more of it.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Chime, on Steam, has an achievement for BUYING THE GAME. Because you are such a nice person.

Pretty sure you're not looking for Steam achievements but still...I don't think anything can beat that.

Keltrick

Jun 7, 2010
Riddle78 said:
Plot achievements. You earn them by playing the game,without doing anything truly noteworthy within the scope of the game. They are a waste,and should be replaced with achievements like "Beat this chapter on the hardest difficulty without dying" or "Find all of the secret areas".
Ill admit it is really lazy if this is ALL the game offers, I have to believe they serve some purpose. Maybe there shouldn't be so many of them, but they do offer recognition for achieving something. Games are challenges, and if you beat the game to a certain point, I think you have achieved something. Is it wrong for me to figure out a test chamber in portal that isn't inherently obvious, and get an achievement? I agree there should be a second layer like "and finish carrying an item through the whole thing" but beating a section of any game does require work. If it didn't have ANY challenge, we wouldn't play it.

Verkula

Oct 3, 2010
Street Fighter 4 gives out one, just for picking an icon and a title for your online profile.

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
Rock Band 3 and Beatles: Rock Band give you, like, 3 points for calibrating it. If you get a guitar from Rock Band 2 or later, they'll calibrate by holding it up to the screen.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
ForgottenPr0digy said:
Alone in the dark is easy game to all 1000/1000GS
That's like saying the easiest way to break 27 bones is to smash your hand with a hammer. That game was painful to play, especially when the "Satan Death Wangs" started sprouting up.

Diddy_Mao said:
I've played a few games where you get an achievement for getting other achievements. That just seems lazy.
In Oblivion I did something like that. Right after getting out of tutorial prison I went to the Skooma Den in Bravil, pointed my character at a wall, used a rudder band to hold the controller, then watched Inseption. I was at level 98 by the end of the movie.

But to get that achievement, I actually boosted Smithing (leather bracers FTW) and got one-handed weapon to 100 naturally.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Two Worlds (on the 360) had a bunch of ridiculously easy ones. The one I remember off hand was for fusing a pair of items together (the way you level up your gear). There were others for getting on a horse, using a teleport stone, and so on.

Dawn of War 2 had an achievement for painting your army in multiplayer. It also had a bunch of really easy achievements, provided you knew what you were doing, that actually sounded impressive. There was one for finishing a mission in under 5 minutes, but replaying the first mission in the game on easy, once you've gotten the hang of it, is a very easy way to get that. There's also an achievement for getting a full 15 star score on a mission, which is also pretty easy in some of the late game defense missions.

DiZtAnT

Oct 20, 2010
I can't believe no one has mentioned this one yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1JWQ8baBsE

Seriously, this was the first and only thing that came to mind.

tellytoy

Feb 14, 2012
There's one point in Metro 2033 in which you must give a child one bullet (the currency is bullets) to guide you to a person. You can say no, and it gives you the "Realist" achievement.

An achievement for not giving a single coin to a hungry child.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
I'm not much into achievements, but most games seem to give one or two of those from simply starting a game and/or playing for five minutes.

I rarely fish any of them out, but most of them are nice to get by just playing the game. I got one (Lion of the North) of the coolest ones, once again without trying, just a couple of days ago: In Civilization V, playing as Sweden, in the beginning of a turn have a Hakkapeliitta (unique light cavalry) stacked on the same tile with a Great General. Those kind of achievements are really cool to get.

Estranged180

Mar 30, 2011
natster43 said:
Press Start in Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard.
Then do a tutorial. Easy as breathing (unless you're in an iron lung, and if that's the case, then how the hell are you playing a game?)

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
Soul Calibur 4 has an achievement for watching the intro cinematic. You don't even have to press a single button.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Fijiman said:
Dirzzit said:
ScaryAlmond said:
Finishing MW3 on Veteran (Flame Shield Activate)
I aint hearing that, COD on vet is incredibly hard. This is coming from a guy that can play Deus Ex on hardest.
I call bullshit as well. Unless CoD is the only game that you play and you've played it all day every day since at least CoD4 came out there is no way that Veteran difficulty could be considered easy without some form of cheating.
Thing is Veteran difficulty on MW3 isn't that bad.Compared to previous CoD games it's definitely the easiest one so far.I beat it quite quickly(and I'm not someone who plays a lot of FPS games tbh)and never got stuck on any section for longer than a couple of minutes

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
There's an achievement in SoulCalibur 4 for watching the opening cinematic, and then pressing start.

Funnily enough, I'm the only person I know that has this achievement, and I have about 6 people on my friends list with the game.
Certainly demonstrates the "Fuck cutscenes! I don't wanna watch stuff! I'd watch a movie if I wnated that!" attitude.

Stealthygamer

Apr 25, 2010
99% of the achieves in vanilla borderlands, they just arent hard except for the ludicrous speedway one

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
MetalDooley said:
Fijiman said:
Dirzzit said:
ScaryAlmond said:
Finishing MW3 on Veteran (Flame Shield Activate)
I aint hearing that, COD on vet is incredibly hard. This is coming from a guy that can play Deus Ex on hardest.
I call bullshit as well. Unless CoD is the only game that you play and you've played it all day every day since at least CoD4 came out there is no way that Veteran difficulty could be considered easy without some form of cheating.
Thing is Veteran difficulty on MW3 isn't that bad.Compared to previous CoD games it's definitely the easiest one so far.I beat it quite quickly(and I'm not someone who plays a lot of FPS games tbh)and never got stuck on any section for longer than a couple of minutes
The Modern Warfare series in INCREDIBLY EASY on Veteran. Cod 4 was some challenge - mainly due to infinite enemy respawns - but MW2 was easy and I finished MW3 first run through on Vet in about 5 hours... Especially when compared to games like Operation Flashpoint or even World at War, the last few installments of COD (In fact most 'modern' FPS's) have been laughably easy.