ACT OF GOD (not a religious debate)

wolfy098

May 1, 2009
Glademaster said:
wolfy098 said:
imacharginmehlaz0r said:
wolfy098 said:
Kiutu said:
Well, if a bunch of Christians come and beat you up for being a sinner, they are not liable. Duh.
HAH a bunch of theists can't take me (if they get to serious God will get angry)
what if kung fu action jesus comes and kicks the shiznit out of you?
But ONE THING

GOD DOESN'T LIKE VIOLENCE...
or at least since science was discovered
Em ever heard of the Old Testament or Badass God?
read the bold

spuddyt

Nov 22, 2008
Anything that directly contravenes the laws of physics must be an act of god.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
wolfy098 said:
I have a form to sign so I can go on some trip it's got this written:

The MOD has no leagal liability to deal with claims for injuries resulting from pure accident or "Act of God"...(more stuff)

minus the more stuff this was exactly as it was written now

WHAT IS AN ACT OF GOD
Earthquakes, Tsunami's, planes crashing straight onto your head, getting hit by a asteroid.

Basically, any random accident that they couldn't have reasonable predicted and/or influenced.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
wolfy098 said:
Pankeyman said:
wolfy098 said:
Pankeyman said:
wolfy098 said:
imacharginmehlaz0r said:
wolfy098 said:
Kiutu said:
Well, if a bunch of Christians come and beat you up for being a sinner, they are not liable. Duh.
HAH a bunch of theists can't take me (if they get to serious God will get angry)
what if kung fu action jesus comes and kicks the shiznit out of you?
But ONE THING

GOD DOESN'T LIKE VIOLENCE...
or at least since science was discovered
Well maybe Jesus doesn't, but God isn't afraid to smite some suckas~!
He'll have to get past the invisible pink unicorn first :p
Silly! God IS the unicorn, now he uncloaked his disguise, and is now behind you with a knife.
no with a horn
Actually God just finished Watching James Bond, so he'll probably come after you with a silenced pistol. He gets lonely up there

leviathanmisha

Jun 21, 2009
An Act of God would be some creepy immaculate birth crap, and Act of NATURE however would be storms and stuff like that, which you can easily remedy by staying inside.

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
wolfy098 said:
I have a form to sign so I can go on some trip it's got this written:

The MOD has no leagal liability to deal with claims for injuries resulting from pure accident or "Act of God"...(more stuff)

minus the more stuff this was exactly as it was written now

WHAT IS AN ACT OF GOD
An act of god has 2 meanings.

1. |Applies if you are religious. It is something caused by god.

2. A completely unexplainable event (I.e the piece of land you are standing on shooting into the sky in flames killing you wit no explanation). "An act of god" is a term used to describe such an event.

The first only applies to your situation if you are religious.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Birras said:
Based on how it's phrased, an Act of God should constitute something that can scientifically or logically be traced back to some sort of omnipotent being.
No such a thing exists.[/quote]
In the same way that gravity didn't exist till it was discovered, right?

Seriously this all a part of the liability thing, like when I went horseback riding I had to wear a helmet instead of my cowboy hat. Everyone just wants to avoid being sued by everyone else.

Charley

Apr 12, 2008
scotth266 said:
That's a standard disclaimer referring to events beyond the control of anyone. For instance, a flood or a lighting strike. It's just there so that people can't sue the company/organization for ridiculous things that no one could see coming.
Billy Connolly sued God in a movie... depending where you are in the world, technically that's a precedent.