Activision: CoD Has More Players "Than Any Facebook Game"

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
And what will happen when the franchise stagnates? Then they're screwed!
Meh, they beat FB games, not exactly impressive.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
I'm not entirely sure why we care about this, or even how the statistics are related...

The 2 markets are pretty much unrelated; they don't mix. People who play Call of Duty don't generally touch FaceBook games like Farmville, and vice versa for Farmville players. Theres no point comparing the two, because both categories of gaming will always have a market.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
I find it remarkable that Activision is managing to sound more and more like the worse of their userbase with petty showing off and bickering.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
"Call of Duty has more players who pay-to-play online than any Facebook game and our players pay more per player on average than any Facebook game.

That shouldn't really come as a surprise, seeing as all CoD players have shelled out 60$ for the game in the first place and there's no "free" version of CoD. In addition you have the map DLCs and yearly releases of a new game...
In Zynga's case, sure some players pay for game content, but there's so many millions of them who play without paying, or perhaps aren't even considered active players.

So really, Activision is saying that their product that costs quite a lot of money (+additional costs) has players that pay more money than a product that is initially free (+additional costs). Wow, that was a smart conclusion that probably took many hours and days to figure out.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
The amount of trash talking between game development publishers is getting as bad as the amount of trash-talking in Canadian politics.

Sooner or later, we're going to have someone like Tripwire going "Look at us, buy our shit because we're not dicks."

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I think Activision has gotten to the point where CoD is so successful, the company is willingly made themselves think the series makes diamonds made out gold fall from the sky. I hope Battlefield 3 beats MW3 just to kill that notion.

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
Macrobstar said:
vermin_ said:
Makes sense. Farmville runs on 30 fps.
Haha this made my day
AND farmville is not for people with a life.

Seriously, CoD is just a multiplayer based ego-soothe at this point, anyone without ego issues just doesn't care about the franchise anymore. They've made what...2 good games out of the genre? (I am of course referencing to CoD2/4 singleplayer, multiplayer has always been for kids)

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
I have one for you Activision.

More people play Call of Duty: Black Ops than Battlefield 2.

More people own Toyota Corollas than Ferrari Italias.

That doesn't make the Corolla a better car in any way, shape or form.

Shove your copy pasted game up your assholes using ben gay for lube.

Stravant

May 14, 2011
"and our players pay more per player"

Is that really something to brag about, Activision?

That's basically like saying "And we're greedier than them too"

At least DICE gives away their map packs for free.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
..Hooray? People prefer killing stuffs than having a nice garden.. I suppose?

This really isnt that surprising. I must say.

Mangue Surfer

May 29, 2010
Is a man not entitled to his money?

"No", says the Actvision, "it belongs to CoD."
"No", says the Facebook, "it belongs to Farmville."

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
You know, I really don't have an issue with Call of Duty. I don't mind it's players, I don't mind the gameplay(Though I think it sucks personally), I don't mind the fact they basically release the same game every time.
What I am really sick of though is fuckin' hearing about it. It's like McDonalds counting. I don't care how many players you have, or how big your game is going to be, or how everyone wants to emulate you. Just make your game, people buy it and play it, who cares!