Activision Confirms Call of Duty's Move to Dead Space Devs

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
So, let me get this straight: Activision wants to remove the Call of Duty rights from the company that single-handedly decimated the Christmas '09 gaming season AND shattered all pre-existing sales records, and move it to a different company? Where's the sense in that?

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
I would LOVE to hear their explanation behind this as currently I can join everyone else in saying "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING?".

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
I really hope Infinity Ward perked up and equiped themselves with Last Stand or Martyrdom.

I don't think I'll be playing any more CoD in the future. Infinity Ward is the only company that ever got me to enjoy a war-based FPS.

SimplyTheWest

Jan 6, 2009
rembrandtqeinstein said:
Maybe the Deadspace guys can make some real bloody ugly warfare. Not just falling over and disappearing after being shot. Like guys crawling around with their legs blown off or futilely trying to put their intestines back in after getting gutted by a grenade.
Isn't that...a bit too much, or am i simply just a wuss?

OT: I don't know if the SledgeHammer guys can improves on MW2, but IW made the only CoD games i enjoyed, so they will have big shoes to fill.

Kirosilence

Nov 28, 2007
I think the IW guys are getting screwed by Activision. This is some really low-ball corporate bullshit being that (Rumored, not confirmed mind you) Infinity Ward had not been paid royalties for MW2. No shit you're going to go talk to another publisher when the one you are working with is trying to screw you out of your hard earned money. If that rumor is true then I don't think I will pay anything for an activision game ever again.

As for Infinity Ward and the guys there, I honestly hope they decide to break off from Activbullshit and form a new studio under the banner of someone who isn't out to gut them of their franchises and creativity in the name of the almighty dollar.

But I can't get to mad until the facts all come in. Who knows! Activision may be in the right here and IW was trying to screw them.. Either way I am a bit angry about paying full price for MW2.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
All the more reason why devs should not hand over properties so easily, a dev without its property is just another cheap commodity to sale off and trade but witless suits.

Pebsy

Jun 12, 2008
IW kinda screwed themselves with cutting relations with activision (which isn't entirely their fault, but shrinking the 'call of duty' text on the box didnt help). And since IWnet and lack of dedicated server support as well as taking the modding community out back and putting it down with cruelty... well Infinity Ward... you almost had this one coming lol

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
brewbeard said:
Two years from now, all triple-A FPS games will operate via monthly fee.
It's irrelevant anyway, two years from now we'll still all be playing BF2 and Counter Strike anyway...

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
MW2, made by Infinity Ward, ends with a fucking cliffhanger and MW3, NOT by Infinity Ward, will conclude the triliogy?

What. The. Fuck?!

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I hope IW gets fired so they can go make their games with a company that doesn't fuck them over.

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
It's been a very, very odd week so far for video game news.

This was a bit unexpected though, and a bit bizzare. Didn't that game beat like...everything?

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
My my; this has been a crazy week, and its only Tuesday!
This can't be good for Activision, loosing IW could be the the bullet to the head for CoD, if CoD 3, and CoD 5 gave any indication. While we don't know why they left/ got kicked out I speculate they were talking to other publishers about starting a new IP. Activision caught wind and slammed the hammer down.
Now will DLC and patches be done by IW, or is the contract ripped up? Will this hurt the MW2 community, if so how much? Will the release of BF:BC2 be a killing if the latter does happen? (Even though I predict that BF:BC2 is going to take a bite out of CoD). Who knows, only time will tell.

Zepren

The Funnyman
Sep 2, 2009
May I join a chorus of "FUCK YOU ACTIVISION!".

That is unbelievably gay. I mean jesus-fucking-christ. How can they just do that? Infinity Ward have always made the best of the CoD series. Now it'll gonna lose that quality and we're gonna have to pay more for it. Fuck.That.Shit.

RAGE! BIG-ASS RAGE!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Kirosilence said:
I think the IW guys are getting screwed by Activision. This is some really low-ball corporate bullshit being that (Rumored, not confirmed mind you) Infinity Ward had not been paid royalties for MW2. No shit you're going to go talk to another publisher when the one you are working with is trying to screw you out of your hard earned money. If that rumor is true then I don't think I will pay anything for an activision game ever again.

As for Infinity Ward and the guys there, I honestly hope they decide to break off from Activbullshit and form a new studio under the banner of someone who isn't out to gut them of their franchises and creativity in the name of the almighty dollar.

But I can't get to mad until the facts all come in. Who knows! Activision may be in the right here and IW was trying to screw them.. Either way I am a bit angry about paying full price for MW2.
In all possible fairness to Activision, the "royalties" thing may not be as big a deal as it was made out to be.

Check out this Joystiq post [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/02/infinity-ward-modern-warfare-2-royalties-analysis/] for some analysis.