Activision Defends Oliver North in Black Ops 2

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
J Tyran said:
Ragsnstitches said:
Scott Mozzo said:
This is ridiculous. Does this mean that Benedict Arnold, America's greatest general during the Revolutionary War should have been in Assassin's Creed III? The man committed treason, period. His "masters" were all pardoned by the President responsible for it!!!!! No one saw any real time. He is considered a traitor because he is on Fox News. NO!!!! He is a traitor because he committed high crimes against our NATION! Does anyone over the age of 25, remember who he collaborated with? IRAN!!!!! The same country that ended Carter's administration (rightfully so, by the way), but was A OK for a republican president to AID!!!!!!!! RIDICULOUS!!!!
J Tyran said:
Ragsnstitches said:
Also going to quote this cause it's just fucking retarded

"I don't want to worry about a guy who wants to hijack a plane, I want to worry about the guy who hijacks ALL the planes"

-Oliver North, Black Ops 2 teaser trailer.
Why is that retarded? Stopping the masterminds and leaders of a terrorist group is more important. You need to stop the foot soldiers and facilitators but thats not the job of the best of the wetwork and intelligence operatives, there are other agencies that do that.
Why the fuck are you 2 necroing this thread? This topic died in May.

And J, that line I quoted was part of the hype machine for Blops 2 and the whole "cyber terrorists attacking america" shtick. The quote isn't about cutting off the serpents head, so to speak, but rather a monumentally misguided view on how Cyber Terrorism works. Fear induced stupidity.

I don't take anything he says seriously, but more importantly, this was a quote that he made for an ad for a video game. Acti new what they were doing picking him for the Ad... nothing like a bit of controversy to sell a game (getting an accused and convicted war criminal to pioneer your game is ballsy at least).

It's one thing to use him as a consultant, but they made stride to associate their product with the good ol' patriot olly.

God Bless America and all that faff.
I posted because it was on the front page and noticed it. Using Oliver North to promote the game is a bit tasteless though I didn't know that because I have not followed BLOPS II, still not taking anything he says seriously is misguided. He was a very influential man, for wrong reasons but his actions are still shaping the world today. Oliver North is the type of man everyone should take seriously.
I would worry about what he does, but since he has been disgraced and discredited numerous times and that his only soap box is through FoX news, I don't feel particularly pressured to listen to what he has to say.

Words are wind and Olly blows hard.