Activision Isn't Planning Any PS3 Bundles for Modern Warfare 2

Maccy Man

Jul 13, 2009
As I am buying the prestige edition I dont need the game, but all that other stuff looks really nice.

Ghost8585

Jul 21, 2009
Very simple here. Kotic wants to take the piss out of Sony, even more then microsoft does. But hey, whatev. I'll rent the game from Gamefly. If It sucks, (which I doubt) Kotic can bite me. Besides, game centered editions are crazy, in bad way. How goofey are you gonna look with Uncharted bullshit all over your console after the game is dead and gone?

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
Apparently, they're making the 360 model because they've "recieved alot of support from Microsoft". Plus, most of Activision's gamers are on the 360.

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
Squid94 said:
Apparently, they're making the 360 model because they've "recieved alot of support from Microsoft". Plus, most of Activision's gamers are on the 360.
Yeah its not like they started out making PC games.
EDIT: Which might make the PC where most of their gamers are? Also aren't they teamed up with Blizz, whose last console release I can't even remember.

Samurai Ralan

May 8, 2009
Maybe this is some kind of residual effect from earlier this year when Activision told Sony that they'd pull support for the console all together.

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
bue519 said:
Squid94 said:
EDIT: Which might make the PC where most of their gamers are? Also aren't they teamed up with Blizz, whose last console release I can't even remember.
The PC market is declining and full of pirates, sticking with that market for an fps is just bad business.

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
hypothetical fact said:
bue519 said:
Squid94 said:
The PC market is declining and full of pirates, sticking with that market for an fps is just bad business.
Yeah I'm sure. I mean it's plain to see companies like Steam and Blizzard are going down the tubes. I mean can you really say that more people play Halo than WoW?

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I love how people are attacking a game when it was Kotick who made this decision. Whether or not there is a bundle for the PS3 should not stop someone from buying a game the company did not release the bundle for.

I am going to buy a slim PS3 and I do not hate Activision. It is just businesses. Heavy Rain is not being released on the 360 but I am still going to buy it for the PS3. I don't hate David Cage for not releasing it on the 360.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
hypothetical fact said:
bue519 said:
Squid94 said:
PC Gaming has been 'dying' since 1985.

Still here, still strong. Pretty damn sure piracy is on consoles too. Likely increasing as consoles lower in price so people don't see much of an issue if it goes up in smoke.

bue519 said:
Squid94 said:
Uh, think it was the Lost Vikings port to the GBA in 2003, before that Starcraft 64 in 2000. Lost Vikings was just a remake of an older game anyway, so it's debatable whether it counts. You're looking at 6-9 years regardless.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Spygon said:
i would normally say unlucky ps3 owners and laugh because it seems im quickly becoming a 360 fanboy.But this is the whole point activison are so close to evil in the gaming world i wouldnt be surpised if they announced thet were makeing a death star next.All follow gamersh should stand up as there only see one thing and thats sales and if there sales fall they will take notice.So dont buy MW2 people for the sake of gaming everywhere
Thats not going to happen.

nart_21086

Nov 19, 2009
Not surprised.
GTA IV Ballad of Gay tony and Tales of Liberty City come to mind...

Also Console bundles for the PS3 haven't been particularly successful anyhow. Seeing that the ps3s aren't customized.