Activision might try to get Take-Two

Recommended Videos

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
3,972
0
0
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6298567.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

Anyone else scream no?
 

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
4,815
0
0
I screamed until the cops came, then I showed them this and they started screaming, we currently have the Marines on the way....
 

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
16,473
5,069
118
Gender
Whatever, just wash your hands.
if ea couldnt do it then activision cant, chances are now take 2 has taken steps to prevent a hostile take over
 

Sixcess

New member
Feb 27, 2010
2,719
0
0
So with the dirt still fresh on Guitar Hero's grave they're already out looking for new franchises to murder?

Still, it would at least explain why they killed off True Crime if they think they can grab GTA.
 

RA92

New member
Jan 1, 2011
3,078
0
0
EHKOS said:
I screamed until the cops came, then I showed them this and they started screaming, we currently have the Marines on the way....
I can see this... I can clearly see this coming...

All the people... unifying under one scream...

And proceeding to skullfuck Bobby Kotick...

Do this for me, World... do this... O_O
 

WanderingFool

New member
Apr 9, 2009
3,989
0
0
Oh god the horror... But hopefully, Take-Two will be able to resist Activision. Otherwise...

 

ImprovizoR

New member
Dec 6, 2009
1,950
0
0
If this happens, a large part of gaming industry will be forever doomed. FOREVER DOOMED!
 

Delock

New member
Mar 4, 2009
1,085
0
0
If it happens, this will be the result:

New game released, a little while later, Activision guts studio that made it (Infinity Ward is only the most vocal example of this. They pulled this on Radical and Raven and it passed without notice).

Here's hoping Take Two says no.
 

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
5,132
0
0
No. Just... no.

Someone bury Kotick already. The man is like Midas from hell.
 

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
8,361
3
43
They rejected a 2 billion dollar offer from EA a few years ago, and have had many good games since then (though I still passionately hate 2K Sports) so they should be even stronger. I say this is a myth. I hope it is a myth at least. Take Two has had a hand in Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, The Elder Scrolls, and Mafia: games that put many years in between new installments, a practice that Activision seems firmly against.

I said in another thread that the only Activision game over the past five years or so that I even played was Prototype, which was no gem. If they put out so many games, and I don't like 99.9% of them then that doesn't bode well for them taking over franchises I love.
 

Gahars

New member
Feb 4, 2008
806
0
0
I look forward to 5 GTA games every year, with such exciting titles like, "GTA CRIME PLACE CITY", "GTA ROCKS THE 70's", "GTA FAMILY FUN NIGHT", and "GTA SLEEPOVER ADVENTURE"

Now your favorite franchise can be exploited the way only Bobby Kotick knows how. I surely cannot wait.
 
Aug 25, 2009
4,609
0
0
They won't do it. Reading the article it seems clear that neither Take-two nor their stock investors are interested in this.

It almost looks like Activision is just desperately trying to add some more big-name titles to their line-up, after the loss of Guitar Hero and Tony Hawks, and a savvy business investor will sense that ulterior motive and do some pretty heavy thinking about whether Activision are really the best to go to.

Nothing to worry about.
 

Soviet Heavy

New member
Jan 22, 2010
12,210
0
0
Oh God, doesn't Take Two own 2K games? Holy shit, if it does, that would mean everything from Grand Theft Auto, to Borderlands to Bioshock and anything else published by 2K is also hit.

Please do not let this happen.
 

Woodsey

New member
Aug 9, 2009
14,548
0
0
I very much doubt this will happen. Something very odd is happening at Activision at the minute.

And hopefully 2K have given the thumbs-up to Mafia 3, and if that ends up in the hands of Activision I'll fuck shit up.
 

Raistlinhawke

New member
Nov 28, 2009
122
0
0
Absolutely no way this could happen. Especially after the controversy with Infinity Ward. Take 2 is already skeptical of acquisitions, they'll stay away from Kotick's offers.
 

DeadlyYellow

New member
Jun 18, 2008
5,141
0
0
I certainly hope not. I do love the things that come out of Rockstar and 2K, and would rather they not attribute to Kotick's harassment of employees.
 

antigodoflife

New member
Nov 12, 2009
521
0
0
Sonicron said:
No. Just... no.

Someone bury Kotick already. The man is like Midas from hell.
Midas turned everything to gold... Bobby Kotick turns everything to shit... see the juxtaposition?