Activision Unveils Transformer: War for Cybertron Trailer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Activision Unveils Transformer: War for Cybertron Trailer

Transformers: War for Cybertron [http://www.activision.com], the soon-to-be-released game that sets the stage for the never-ending battle between the Autobots and Decepticons.

[video=1769]

E3 [http://www.e3expo.com/] is coming and that means plenty of sweet 'n' sexy new game trailers to gawk at. I don't know what the deal is with all the E3 trailers coming out pre-E3 but I'm not going to complain, especially when it means I get to drool over a bunch of giant robots beating the crap out of each other in a vicious duel for planetary hegemony.

Transformers: War for Cybertron is set in the early days of the Autobot/Decepticon conflict and takes place entirely on the Transformers homeworld. You know what that means: No puny fleshlings to get in the way! Finally, we can knock it off with the Megan Fox jiggle show (although I guess that's not a concern [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100792-Megan-Fox-Quits-Transformers-Movies] anymore) and get down to what fans really want to see: Autobots getting the stupid beat out of them by Decepticons! (Team Megatron FTW!)

The action looks fast and furious, with appearances from numerous classic Transformers including Megatron and Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Ratchet, Bumblebee and even the heavy hitters Omega Supreme and Trypticon, who will presumably show up for the boss fights. Whether or not Orson Welles will put in an appearance at any point remains a mystery.

The new Transformers game is set for release on June 22 for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation3. In the meantime, get a close-up look at it right here at The Escapist's Hands On: Transformers: War for Cybertron [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/7651-Hands-On-Transformers-War-for-Cybertron].

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Urgh, I hate giant boss enemies, they always seem to involve running around like a lunatic, dodging insane attacks while whittling down their health.

The visual style looks fantastic and the game-play seems like fun but I believe that once the novelty of being a Transformer wears off it will get boring very quickly.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
If this game has "You got the Touch" in it as a game track to go along with Shockwave as a preorder bonus, I will pre order this game so hard it's kids will walk funny.

Bonus hardness if 'Dare' is in it.

Stan Bush. FTW.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Definitely better without the puny fleshlings. I'm not a big Transformers fan at all, but that game still looks great!

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Anyone else find the trailer lags a bit? Meh. Probably my internet.

Anyway it does look kinda cool. Big stompy robots and blowing shit up.

Whether it'll be any more intelligent than that remains to be seen.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
TsunamiWombat said:
If this game has "You got the Touch" in it as a game track to go along with Shockwave as a preorder bonus, I will pre order this game so hard it's kids will walk funny.

Bonus hardness if 'Dare' is in it.

Stan Bush. FTW.
You can play as Soundwave in the Decepticon campain.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I want this. In my pants. NOW!

I've been following this for some time now, and I like what I see.

arcticphoenix95

Apr 30, 2010
..........*looks at michael bay* THIS, is how you make a movie! (if it were a movie) no humans, no shitty mech designs, no megan fox, and no shakey cam. It's G1 transformers. beating the S**T out of each other. on cybertron.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, at least dont see any sights of the humans involved in it..still, I am dubious about it. I want to say its epic but...Could always be a trap

Apr 28, 2008
Haakong said:
Michael Bay, watch this! LEARN!
He is watching, and all he's thinking is "I wonder how I can add a human element..."

OT: Looks great. Maybe I'll finally get the Transformers game I've always wanted.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
That lizard thing, pre-cursor to Triptocon? Think I also saw Omega Supreme in the mix too.

Does look good, back to the roots of it all

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Wahful said:
I hope you can play as the Decepticons as well, i want StarScream.
There are campaigns for both Autobots and Decepticons.

Khell_Sennet said:
Also, plotwise, if this is related to the movies and not the cartoon/comics, they just fucked up the canon big time.
This is part of the G1 continuity, though it includes references to other continuities like Slipstream from Transformers: Animated (Presumably so the Decepticons can have a token chick to match Arcee, given that Blackarachnia wouldn't fit the theme).

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
No high hopes though, I have yet to see a good Transformers game,

Problem solved. Granted it didn't have the most complex story, but hot damn that game was good stuff, especially exploring to find all the Minicons and Data Disks (which gave you clips of the original cartoons, concept art, and music.)