Activision Wants to Create a Call of Duty Cinematic Universe, Starting with a Movie Next Year

lionsprey

Sep 20, 2010
...what? i could see them making a movie. it would be the most bland and forgettable war movie ever sure but it would be a movie. but i can't see a cinematic universe being made from call of duty. do they even know what cinematic universe implies?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Neverhoodian said:
Oh Christ, not another ham-fisted attempt at a "cinematic universe." This dumpster fire in the making's already starting to smoulder, I can tell.

Ever since Marvel and Lucasfilm struck gold the rest of Hollywood is determined to run the concept into the ground and ruin it for everyone, just like it does for all cinematic trends.

Red Letter Media are just a bunch of egotistical douche nozzles :p

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
I could see the Modern Warfare games being made into movies since they're fairly consistent and have recurring characters and more than a few nice set pieces. Plus I was always a big fan of the decision to make the last thing that happens in MW3 is Captain Price just watching Makarov swing while lighting a cigar.

I mean I don't think they'll be as good as something like Black Hawk Down, but if they aim for that then I suspect they'll get some crowd pleasers out of the effort.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Neverhoodian said:
Oh Christ, not another ham-fisted attempt at a "cinematic universe." This dumpster fire in the making's already starting to smoulder, I can tell.

Ever since Marvel and Lucasfilm struck gold the rest of Hollywood is determined to run the concept into the ground and ruin it for everyone, just like it does for all cinematic trends.
Well you know how it goes: let's play a game of follower the leader. We've seen this with the Matrix, Die Hard, Saw, any found footage movie, and Twilight, etc. So, it's never gonna stop.

I saw the full version of that clip, and it proves even with the way the Gaming Industry is, there are still more new IP compared to the movie industry. Hollywood is just straight up all over Reboot/Remake/"Re-Imaging"/Long Sequel Gaps no one asked for.

Samtemdo8 said:
While you're not wrong, they're egotistical douche nozzles with a point. Me personally, I am always indifferent with them, and never care much for what they have to say.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
CoCage said:
Neverhoodian said:

Well you know how it goes: let's play a game of follower the leader. We've seen this with the Matrix, Die Hard, Saw, any found footage movie, and Twilight, etc. So, it's never gonna stop.

I saw the full version of that clip, and it proves even with the way the Gaming Industry is, there are still more new IP compared to the movie industry. Hollywood is just straight up all over Reboot/Remake/"Re-Imaging"/Long Sequel Gaps no one asked for.

Samtemdo8 said:
While you're not wrong, they're egotistical douche nozzles with a point. Me personally, I am always indifferent with them, and never care much for what they have to say.
Fuck thier point, the more I watched them the more I came to the conclusion that they are just film snobs in the worse possible way and their fans quote them as if what they say is gospal.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Samtemdo8 said:
Fuck thier point, the more I watched them the more I came to the conclusion that they are just film snobs in the worse possible way and their fans quote them as if what they say is gospel.
More or less why I stopped watching Movie BoB, though even most of his fan base grew weary of his shit. Yahtzee had this problem early on his career (mainly the super hardcore psychotic fan, not him). It's still happens now, but nowhere near as bad between 2007-2011. But there were moments where even sometimes does not back up his arguments or goes too far in belittling a fan base of certain games or genre when they had nothing against him to begin with, until he started mocking people for things they like. I'll watch Yahtzee from time to time, but even I won't watch his most terrible reviews, i.e, the Mad World "Review". Or any time he reviewed a fighting a game, which I and many others are glad he stopped doing. The Mad World video was less of a review, and him more like mocking and saying how stupid and pointless the Wii was. He was not wrong in some regard, but Yahtzee should have either put that in of his Extra Punctuation articles or saved it for one of his other videos. Oh, he did not know the full extent of the controls, i'll tell you that.